PDA

View Full Version : Bills place TE Euhus on I.R

shotgun
12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
For the second straight week the Bills have been forced to place a tight end on injured reserve. This week, back-up rookie tight end Tim Euhus has been put on the shelf for the remainder of the season with a knee injury. To take his place, the team signed TE Bradford Banta. Mark Campbell’s season ended last week and Head Coach Mike Mularkey said on Monday that the six-year veteran is scheduled to have surgery to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee

www.buffalobills.com

John Doe
12-14-2004, 04:09 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Euhus showed a lot of guts finishing the Dolfins game with that injury. He was obviously hurting big time.

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Time for Jason Peters to step up.

Forward_Lateral
12-14-2004, 04:50 PM

I hope so, the well is running dry at TE for us, never thought I'd be saying that.

Dozerdog
12-14-2004, 04:52 PM
I don't see that happening- or even expect it. Neufeld is the guy.

Canadian'eh!
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
For the second straight week the Bills have been forced to place a tight end on injured reserve. This week, back-up rookie tight end Tim Euhus has been put on the shelf for the remainder of the season with a knee injury. To take his place, the team signed TE Bradford Banta. Mark Campbell’s season ended last week and Head Coach Mike Mularkey said on Monday that the six-year veteran is scheduled to have surgery to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee

www.buffalobills.com

Who the heck is Bradford Banta? was he the guy played by tony danza on taxi?

There had to be somene a bit better out there...

Drive 4 Five
12-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Losing Euhus was huge I think. Even more so when you consider that Mularkey & Clements had finally begun to utilize our tight ends, adding yet another dimension to what is shaping up as a potent offense. Inconsistent yes but, definitely potent. He could have really helped us down the stretch.
On the bright side, we will have yet another promising young player at our disposal next year. Great find by Donahoe & Co. This kid has talent.

G. Host
12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Who the heck is Bradford Banta? was he the guy played by tony danza on taxi?

There had to be somene a bit better out there...

11 year Veteran TE from USC for Indy, Jets and Lions, he like was cut by Detriot on September 5 although he played 13 games for them in 2003 and put on IR after broken collarbone
http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=8
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/2732/transactions.html

He has done some long snapping
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2732

Very few receptions but he may have been blocking back
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=2732

Mularchy is probably is very good at evaluating TEs; Tall TE

TigerJ
12-14-2004, 09:42 PM
You found a little more than I did, G. Host. "Very few receptions" may be an understatement. On the other hand, I read that he is highly regarded as a long snapper. "One of the most accurate in the league" is what I read, maybe on the official Detroit website. I don't know how good his velocity on long snaps is though. A good long snapper who can double somewhere else is a good thing. Unfortunately, he's 34 years old so the Bills would be foolish to consider getting rid of the young Jon Dorenbos for a guy on his last legs.

Canadian'eh!
12-14-2004, 09:50 PM
You found a little more than I did, G. Host. "Very few receptions" may be an understatement. On the other hand, I read that he is highly regarded as a long snapper. "One of the most accurate in the league" is what I read, maybe on the official Detroit website. I don't know how good his velocity on long snaps is though. A good long snapper who can double somewhere else is a good thing. Unfortunately, he's 34 years old so the Bills would be foolish to consider getting rid of the young Jon Dorenbos for a guy on his last legs.

I don't get it at all. Dorenbas has done NOTHING that would merit him being replaced as our LS. i can't even think of 1 bad snap..... not quite sure what this pickup is for. this guy seems to be only a 34 year old LS.

I am trying to figure out if Ben Utect is on Indy's active roster or PS... and if he's recovered from whatever injury kept him from being drafted. He's a very good recieving TE, and i was wondeirng what it would take to pluck hi of their PS. I know it's possible (Cleveland did it to get Josh Harris of Baltimore's PS... a good pickup). Anyway, there has to be a better TE out there than a LS.

(edit: to the person that asked me in a rep thing if i said they were harassing me... no. i've never said that to anyone.)

G. Host
12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
ESPN notice of Eucus on IR mentions him:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1946323
Bills profile:
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122583

Buffalo signed long snapper/tight end Bradford Banta to replace Euhus. An 11-year veteran, Banta's been out of football since being released by Detroit before the start of the season.

Banta, who has two career catches for 13 yards, spent his first six seasons with Indianapolis, and played with the New York Jets.

I suspect that either he is going to be center on punts (Dorenbas only does snaps) or they brought him in to do blocking.

Canadian'eh!
12-14-2004, 10:30 PM
ESPN notice of Eucus on IR mentions him:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=1946323
Bills profile:
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122583

Buffalo signed long snapper/tight end Bradford Banta to replace Euhus. An 11-year veteran, Banta's been out of football since being released by Detroit before the start of the season.

Banta, who has two career catches for 13 yards, spent his first six seasons with Indianapolis, and played with the New York Jets.

I suspect that either he is going to be center on punts (Dorenbas only does snaps) or they brought him in to do blocking.

Banta has 2 catchs for 13 yards EVER? riiiight.

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Banta Clause!!! Bringing Touchdowns to all of the Fans in Buffalo!

The King
12-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Is Michael Ricks still available? I know he went to the Jets, and I think they cut him.

If not we should call 1-800-BEN-COATES or even Larry Centers whats he doing?

Hemlepp53
12-15-2004, 07:56 AM

www.buffalobills.com

Sucks Ass but what can you do Its the Nature of the Beast called Football. I for one love a kick ass TE. Too bad but I'm sure Mularkey has something up his sleeve (however it is spelt). He strikes me as a HC/Ex Player (TE) who wants to use every position avabile on the team to his benifit espically one postion like TE who is usually overlooked by most Defense Cords. except Cheifs, Colts and Giants.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Euhus showed a lot of guts finishing the Dolfins game with that injury. He was obviously hurting big time.

I agree I was at the game and he seemed to shake it off and hit the Huddle like a True Warrior. Ones got to Love that about any player at any position.

Losing Euhus was huge I think. Even more so when you consider that Mularkey & Clements had finally begun to utilize our tight ends, adding yet another dimension to what is shaping up as a potent offense. Inconsistent yes but, definitely potent. He could have really helped us down the stretch.
On the bright side, we will have yet another promising young player at our disposal next year. Great find by Donahoe & Co. This kid has talent.

Agreed he is an asset to any Offense. I think we are in a great place with Tim for the simple fact Mularkey played TE in the Leauge and from a personal experience stand point knows the bonus assoicated to having a TOP Ranked TE. Think of the added preperation a teams Cord. Must take.

Is Michael Ricks still available? I know he went to the Jets, and I think they cut him.

If not we should call 1-800-BEN-COATES or even Larry Centers whats he doing?

I'll tell you what BRother we really Fuc*** up when we dropped Centers.. I loved him at FB he was another Impact player on our team and you really noticed it the following season...

Anyhow I'm done with this thread.. lol.. figured I would hit all the ones I wanted to respnd to. Instead of responding to them all one at a time.... :peace:

Tatonka
12-15-2004, 08:00 AM
nuefield and peters should be able to handle the job.