PDA

View Full Version : Drew Walking Off the Field

Typ0
12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the play last week where we snapped the ball as Drew was apparently walking off the field like he called a timeout. It's pretty obvious he hosed the play the previous week because we didn't know enough to snap the damn ball.

STAMPY
12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Great thread

Iehoshua
12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the play last week where we snapped the ball as Drew was apparently walking off the field like he called a timeout. It's pretty obvious he hosed the play the previous week because we didn't know enough to snap the damn ball.

It was an interesting play... Too bad no one on the Browns bought it enough to make a real gainer.

Dozerdog
12-14-2004, 06:26 PM
It's tought o sell when there ids still 15 seconds on the play clock and all but the QB are holding their stance. Might have worked better if there were 3 seconds left.

I noticed Bledsoe ran faster than he ever has out of there when the snap actually took place. If I were a DE I would have drilled the QB if I had the chance.

Typ0
12-14-2004, 06:28 PM
It is a good play and an excellent tool to show another team...too bad we didn't do too well with it. I commend our coaching staff for making sure there is variety in how we play our games though. I think GW had a lot to do with that. When he started camp he asked a lot of people and he did it throughout his tenure here. Having you're best staff on special teams is a jump a lot of teams are going to be forced to make an adjustment for because there is such a prevelance to score at times that change the game. I like the idea of our guys attending a concentration camp to solidify their knowledge of the game. The coaches have been doing a good job for a few years to meet the goals of the organization.

Typ0
12-14-2004, 06:30 PM
It's tought o sell when there ids still 15 seconds on the play clock and all but the QB are holding their stance. Might have worked better if there were 3 seconds left.

I noticed Bledsoe ran faster than he ever has out of there when the snap actually took place. If I were a DE I would have drilled the QB if I had the chance.

I see that too. Drew is an excellent blocker but a crappy runner. Wouldn't it be funny if we ran a few options?

madness
12-14-2004, 06:33 PM
It is a good play and an excellent tool to show another team...too bad we didn't do too well with it. I commend our coaching staff for making sure there is variety in how we play our games though. I think GW had a lot to do with that. When he started camp he asked a lot of people and he did it throughout his tenure here. Having you're best staff on special teams is a jump a lot of teams are going to be forced to make an adjustment for because there is such a prevelance to score at times that change the game. I like the idea of our guys attending a concentration camp to solidify their knowledge of the game. The coaches have been doing a good job for a few years to meet the goals of the organization.

GW??

Typ0
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
GW??

Yes.

DaBills
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
I think it would've worked if only he kept walking farther and didn't look back and throw his hands up in disgust. But that's a tough play. If the O-line doesn;t break their stance, then the Browns must have suspected something.

The better ST play this year was the onside kick after halftime where Lindell touched it just right and fell on it. I'd like to see that one more actually. Lindell can't handle the long distances, so maybe shorter for him is more betterer.

;-p

Crisis
12-14-2004, 07:20 PM
It's the exact same fing play from that stupid Bills movie.

I dont remember what its called, its the one where all the players get food poisoning and they get replacement players. That play won us the SB in the movie.

Maybe they should stick to making up their own plays, not stealing them from crappy cable movies.

The_Philster
12-14-2004, 09:17 PM
It's the exact same fing play from that stupid Bills movie.

I dont remember what its called, its the one where all the players get food poisoning and they get replacement players. That play won us the SB in the movie.

Maybe they should stick to making up their own plays, not stealing them from crappy cable movies.
Second String

Philagape
12-14-2004, 10:10 PM
If something works -- such as the fake sneak against Seattle -- I don't care where they steal it from.