PDA

View Full Version : JUMBO TRON GUY MUST GO

trapezeus
12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Who is with me? Who can't take the fact that we don't get replays after everyplay and that we don't get to see challenged plays. What's the point of a taxpayer sponsored Jumbotron if we can't see the game we want?

Someone who goes to the games has to agree with me, right?

Nasty Mcgahee
12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Who is with me? Who can't take the fact that we don't get replays after everyplay and that we don't get to see challenged plays. What's the point of a taxpayer sponsored Jumbotron if we can't see the game we want?

I am not sure what your complaining about. The NFL has certain stipulations on what can and can not be shown, also you DO see challenged plays, you need to pay more attention. You may not see a play that is close and could swing towards the other team, unless it has already been challenged.

Are you asking why they don't show other games on the tron???

BTW I used to work the jumbotron crew at 1 bills drive, they are a good bunch of guys and the operation is great, I also, still do, work jumbotron for the Bisons. I can say that the Bisons tron, or big board as they call it, has MUCH MUCH better coverage.

BuffaloRanger
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE!! I thought about asking TD this on the ask the GM section of their website.

What the hell is the problem? Why can't we get some replays? I can live without seeing the same fans over and over again on the JumboTron.

(They never show the endzone fans anyway)

I know they have ads to show, but come on. There isn't an NFL policy against showing replays of controversial calls that could incite riots in the stands is there?

BuffaloRanger
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Very rarely do we see challenged plays. They showed McGahees non catch that voided an interception, but not the spot of the downed ball - that ended up as a Bills penalty.

All big plays should be replayed twice. It's not being done.

Pride
12-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I said this severy weeks ago, after the Bills Ravens game. Their jumbotron guy was awesome! EVERY play was replaid at least from 1 angle... if not 2 or 3.

Our jumbotron SUCKS compared to that!

chernobylwraiths
12-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I am not sure what your complaining about. The NFL has certain stipulations on what can and can not be shown, also you DO see challenged plays, you need to pay more attention. You may not see a play that is close and could swing towards the other team, unless it has already been challenged.

BTW I used to work the jumbotron crew at 1 bills drive, they are a good bunch of guys and the operation is great, I also, still do, work jumbotron for the Bisons. I can say that the Bisons tron, or big board as they call it, has MUCH MUCH better coverage.

He's asking for a replay of each play, how hard is that. If the play is being reviewed, why not show it on the Jumbo? I know the NFL has some rules about this, but I don't think in the games I have been to that we see too many replays on that thing.

trapezeus
12-15-2004, 10:37 AM

To go with Buffalo Ranger's point. Not every challenged play is shown on the board. It's usually just of the ref. I assumed there must be some reason that they don't show it. But recently they have shown a couple plays during the time the ref is under the hood. Do you know what the rule is exactly? If I knew it, i wouldn't complain so much. it would be interesting to know.

OpIv37
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM

I haven't been to a game at the Ralph since it was renamed the Ralph, so I'm really not in position to comment. But man, I love being a Bills fan. Offense scores 37, the defense gives up 17 yards, ST is best in the league- damn, the only thing left to ***** about is the Jumbotron guy.

Michael82
12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
I totally agree. Good post! I was getting soo damn pissed when they wouldn't show the replay after a penalty or during a challenge. It's like...WTF! :mad:

don137
12-15-2004, 12:00 PM
The Panthers shows the replay after every play but I don't recall them showing the replay again from a different angle...

BAM
12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I will have to agree. I have not been impressed with their crew for a few years now. It doesn't matter much to me though as long as the game is going on. :up:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Our jumbotron does suck in terms of quality... but if I wanted to watch TV on sundays I wouldn't buy tickets to the games.

StillLurkin
12-15-2004, 01:46 PM
I totally agree. Good post! I was getting soo damn pissed when they wouldn't show the replay after a penalty or during a challenge. It's like...WTF! :mad:

they can't show certain replays on a challange. they can only show what the CBS (or whoever is broadcasting it) cameras taped, and if CBS goes to a commercial, they cannot show the CBS replay until they come back from break. did you notice this week the replay showed was a direct feed from CBS?

Care Bear
12-15-2004, 01:52 PM
This reminds me of the time that Lionheart scored on a QB sneak on 4th and goal in the big Care Bear-Care Bear Cousin bowl a few years back. I swear he never broke the plane, but the jack off in the booth refused to show any replays so the refs called it a score. I wanted to climb up there and kick that dude square in the nuts!