PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice last nite on HH

Earthquake Enyart
11-20-2002, 01:58 PM
That there was no Carruba Collision?

No one hit anyone hard enough.

Judge
11-20-2002, 02:05 PM
That's true all over the league. I was listening to a Canadian sports radio talk show where Al Morganti and Nik Kypreos were talking about how they've watched entire games where there was no real hit in the game.

Rude American
11-21-2002, 09:33 AM
A) Morgantini is an idiot.

B) The lack of clutch and grab has eased tempers. Nobody's playing with intensity. (Just a theory) The Morgantini statement is factual.

This league has become so squeak clean that it's almost a non-contact league by rule. Makes me sick. Bring back the old time hockey. That might not be what society wants or respects but it's what hockey fans want. Like last friday night... Domi and Ray never even looked at each other...made me sick.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 09:42 AM
I like that they have gotten rid of the clutch and grab, but it almost seems like the players don't know what to do with themselves. They are all used to dump it to center, then dump it in and trap. There isn't as much skating and puckhandling skill anymore. They need to keep calling the clutching and grabbing, keeping the ice open, and hopefully players and coaches will adjust.

Rude American
11-21-2002, 11:12 AM
too many coaches have abandonned the dump and chase game. Dump and chase works beautifully if you have players that are willing to go into the corners.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Whoever invented that stupid neutral zone trap ruined hockey.

Rude American
11-21-2002, 11:57 AM
I think it was an American...some idiot at FOX...the same moron who came up with the blue dot and red streak. :D

Buffarama
11-21-2002, 12:40 PM
The officials have done exactly what I feared. They have taken hitting out of the game, not just clutching and grabbing.
BTW, I'm still seeing guys hooked coming through the neurtral zone trying to break free, and it's not being called.
Deliver a good hip check or body check, and you're most likely going to go.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Once you gotr used to it, I kinda liked the red streak.