PDA

View Full Version : The New Drew

northernbillfan
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I know he still makes stupid plays and looks confused at times at the line, but I have a question about the "New Drew"

Is his resurgance due to Sam Wyche? Or is it finally sinking in to Drew that if he wants a chance an Canton, he has to put together a drive to show the league he's legit? OR is it a combination of both?

I see it as being a mixture of both. I'm Wyche said many times to Drew that he has it in him. That Bledsoe needs to look deep within himself to be a champion, and all that other motivational crap that coaches throw at players.

finsrclowns
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
In this order it's:
1) Mcgahee giving us a run threat.
2) Improved play by the OL.
3) The emergence of Evans.
4) Drew getting comfortable in Mularkey's offense.
5) Wyche's coaching.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2004, 03:24 PM
I think Drew's resurgence is due mainly to:

1. A better offensive system created by Mularkey, Clements and Wyche.

2. The emergence of McGahee.

3. A much improved offensive line.

4. Better receivers, most notably Evans, even though Moulds is not having his best year.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
In this order it's:
5) Wyche's coaching.
Great minds really DO think alike.

justasportsfan
12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
In this order it's:
5) Wyche's coaching.
6) playing weak teams :couch:

northernbillfan
12-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I knew someone was going to add that.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
In this order it's:
5) Wyche's coaching.1a) The 6 teams (Miami twice) we beat on this 7-2 streak have a combined record of 31-47.

justasportsfan
12-15-2004, 03:40 PM
I knew someone was going to add that.It's a dirty job , but someone has to do it.

TedMock
12-15-2004, 03:43 PM
It's a combination of everything. Better RB play and better O-line play will almost always result in better QB play. Coaching has been a huge part of it, imo. We've also been playing weaker defenses, with the exception of Miami (yes, they actually do have a decent defensive unit), but I'll take what I can get.

The reason I think coaching is the biggest help is based on a few things. First, he's getting rid of the ball faster when he has to, but also seems very aware of when he can hold onto it for a little while. He's willing to dump the ball off, if the deeper routes are covered. He's also sliding a hell of a lot better in the pocket. Those extra seconds here and there have resulted in a significant decrease in sacks. Obviously the line helps there, too. The biggest thing that coaching has done, has been to keep his head in the game. Even when he has a bad play, series, game, whatever; he's coming back in and playing like it never happened. That's extremely important. Last year, an INT or Sack would've snowballed into 4 INT's and 7 Sacks. That's not the case this season. He's not putting up huge numbers, and he has regressed at times, but in most of the games he's played at least average, and has stayed within his means. Even this past game, he was so off that it was disgusting. But he never wilted under that. Look back at the three previous bad (and I mean real bad) games that he played this season. 4, 3, and 3 in the INT department.

jamze132
12-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I think it has to do with the hamburgers

Charlieguide
12-15-2004, 06:22 PM
7) His talk with Jim Kelly. I think Jim saw something, or had some insight, that the coaches hadn't provided.

helmetguy
12-15-2004, 07:17 PM
You mean, a QB actually DOES do better with a better team around him? Who'da thunk it? I'm just shocked! SHOCKED!

LarryBoy
12-15-2004, 07:19 PM
You mean, a QB actually DOES do better with a better team around him? Who'da thunk it? I'm just shocked! SHOCKED!

Yea....who would have guessed?

Drive 4 Five
12-15-2004, 11:36 PM

I would expect nothing less from a Closet Fin Fan. How disgusting... :loser:

You can climb down from your :soap: J/K Justa

Once again, people need to stop giving this guy so much credit for the team's wins and losses. Why not cut the guy some slack? You know he is giving it all he has got and that is all you can really ask for. If it doesn't work out then we just move on, but I'm rooting for they guy. If anyone deserves a championship ring...

Why is it that the guys like Rob Johnson, throw in Keyshawn too, the Warren Sapps and Deion Sanders of the football world, are the ones that usually get the rings and the nice guys are left on the outside looking in? Damn their luck.

G. Host
12-16-2004, 06:59 AM
1a) The 6 teams (Miami twice) we beat on this 7-2 streak have a combined record of 31-47.

The Bills did not beat them they would have a record of 37-41. Winning teams generally have better records than losing teams - that is why they are winning.

TheBrownBear
12-16-2004, 08:49 AM
I know he still makes stupid plays and looks confused at times at the line, but I have a question about the "New Drew"

Is his resurgance due to Sam Wyche? Or is it finally sinking in to Drew that if he wants a chance an Canton, he has to put together a drive to show the league he's legit? OR is it a combination of both?

I see it as being a mixture of both. I'm Wyche said many times to Drew that he has it in him. That Bledsoe needs to look deep within himself to be a champion, and all that other motivational crap that coaches throw at players.
There's no "new drew". He sucks as bad as ever. He's just getting better protection and playing crappy teams. You'll see the Drew we all know and love during the Pittsburgh game (if not the Cincy game) singlehandedly cost us the playoffs. I'd bet my den on it.

justasportsfan
12-16-2004, 09:43 AM
I would expect nothing less from a Closet Fin Fan.

You must be tired of living. Them fightin words man. Not funny :fury:

Drive 4 Five
12-16-2004, 09:59 AM
You must be tired of living. Them fightin words man. Not funny :fury:

Wait a minute bro. Then why is that written below your name?

:nervous:

Bill Brasky
12-16-2004, 10:04 AM
even though Moulds is not having his best year.

71 catches, 878 yards and 5 TD's through 13 games is bad?

Bill Brasky
12-16-2004, 10:32 AM
I think it has to do with the hamburgers

:rofl:

1a) The 6 teams (Miami twice) we beat on this 7-2 streak have a combined record of 31-47.

Maybe that's why McGahee is doing so well then? Or maybe that's why the D has improved it's play? Bledsoe's far past his prime, but I love how people enjoy singling him out on this board.

justasportsfan
12-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Wait a minute bro. Then why is that written below your name?

:nervous: Val. :fury:

G. Host
12-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Val. :fury:

Well Val is a godess and knows things we do not know ....
What does she know? :pray: :shocked:

justasportsfan
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Well Val is a godess and knows things we do not know ....
What does she know? :pray: :shocked:she's a cowboys fan :crazy:

shelby
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
i fixed it for you, justa.
:D

G. Host
12-16-2004, 11:42 AM
she's a cowboys fan :crazy:

I didn't say she was a GOOD godess - sort of like Hera or Aphrodite on a bad day! :bow:

justasportsfan
12-16-2004, 11:56 AM
i fixed it for you, justa.
:DHottie? thanks!!!! How much do I owe you ?

G. Host
12-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Hottie? thanks!!!! How much do I owe you ?

Just give he :pray: and :bow: as a godess deserves!

jamze132
12-16-2004, 03:44 PM
There's no "new drew". He sucks as bad as ever. He's just getting better protection and playing crappy teams. You'll see the Drew we all know and love during the Pittsburgh game (if not the Cincy game) singlehandedly cost us the playoffs. I'd bet my den on it.

Well BrownBear, I seriously doubt that Drew will single-handedly lose either of those games for us. I don't think Nate wants left out. He will figure out a way to pick off Drew's pass on a punt return.

Throne Logic
12-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't think Drew is performing any differently than he has for the past two years now.

I don't have to go any further back than last weekend. The Browns have been absolutely called out for being so incredibly horrible. If they are truly that retched, then Drew should have been able to have at least a mediocre game, yes? Drew was not good.

He's had one statistically great game this year. One. Heck, Bulger just tossed 4 TD's vs. this past weekend and no one is saying he's the next big thing.

Somehow, this team is generating, almost accidentally, 30+ points per game. This is just disguising how Drew is playing.

I'm sorry. I supported him for a long time despite my belief (or lack thereof) in his abilities. I just don't believe he's helping this team more than he's hurting it.

I'd much rather have JP Losman in there taking his lumps. I bet JP does no worse in his learning phase than Drew is doing now. Heck the team might even raise it up a notch around him because he is a rookie not a "saavy vet".

Mr. Cynical
12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
The Bills did not beat them they would have a record of 37-41. Winning teams generally have better records than losing teams - that is why they are winning.
:confused:

Not sure I undertand your point here...

Mr. Cynical
12-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Maybe that's why McGahee is doing so well then? Or maybe that's why the D has improved it's play? Bledsoe's far past his prime, but I love how people enjoy singling him out on this board.
Where did I single him out? finsrclowns posted 5 reasons for Drew's resurgence and I added one more reason. I did not disagree with any of them, e.g., WM, the OL, etc. I only pointed out that playing mostly losing teams also helps. That's the truth.

pats-were-right
12-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm still chuckling over the "Canton" part. But I think that marks the 3,987th time someone has said w/r/t Drew: "It's not his fault - he had a bad team around him."

Personally I PRAY the Bills make the playoffs. Drew in a playoff game? On the road? I can finally buy that BMW I've had my eye on. :pray:

finsrclowns
12-16-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm still chuckling over the "Canton" part. But I think that marks the 3,987th time someone has said w/r/t Drew: "It's not his fault - he had a bad team around him."

Personally I PRAY the Bills make the playoffs. Drew in a playoff game? On the road? I can finally buy that BMW I've had my eye on. :pray:

Now I've seen everything. It's one thing when Bledsoe's every move is critiqued by actual Bills fans, which I find strange but it's their choice, but I'm assuming you're a Pats Troll that joined this board just to dog Bledsoe? :loser:

The Predator
12-17-2004, 02:42 AM
:rofl:The New Drew:rofl:

G. Host
12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
:confused:

Not sure I undertand your point here...

When you win you cause other teams to lose hence contributing to their record.

TedMock
12-17-2004, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=Throne Logic]He's had one statistically great game this year./QUOTE]

That's just it. He's also only had 4 bad games of which 3 were real bad. Last week he was just off, period. I think he's actually playing much more efficiently overall. That's a testament to the coaching staff. We all know what his strengths and weaknesses are. It seems that the staff is putting him in positions to be effective, and for the most part, he's taken advantage of that. Last week he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn because he was so off, but that happens now and then. The good news is that he wasn't devastated by that, as he was in the past, so he didn't panic and buckle over the bad game. Ten picks came in 3 games (4, 3, 3). When he's bad, he's real bad. The improvement lies with him finally playing within himself (dumping the ball short, much better pocket movement and awareness, etc). They're not putting it on his shoulders, the running game has been fantastic, and the o-line is playing 200% better. These are all coaching adjustments. I said it in another thread, but I'll take average to above average and victories over the roller coaster we were getting used to. One game; 300 yards 3 TD's, the next 97 yards, 4 INT's, 7 sacks. So far, 9 of the 13 games have been average or better. Let the o-line do what they enjoy, and keep the defense in good positions to be aggressive. I think the coaching has every unit playing smarter, and to their strengths.

Mr. Cynical
12-17-2004, 02:58 PM
:rofl:The New Drew:rofl:
Hater.

:;