PDA

View Full Version : Overrated Bills!

HAMMER
12-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Three former Bills showed up on Fox's most overrated list....

Peerless
Ruben Brown
Marcellus Wiley

I guess TD has some idea what he is doing huh.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3244196

Drive 4 Five
12-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I don't think Peerless is overrated at all. Part of the problem is that he doesn't have Eric Moulds on the opposite side. Much like Eric suffered all last year and the first part of this year until all of a sudden Lee Evans came on. I have to admit though that I am very surprised by his performance thus far. Although, why is he being criticized when his quarterback has a rating in the 70's and would rather run around all damn day?

If anyone on that team it is overrated, it is Mr. :afro: himself.

tampabay25690
12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't think Peerless is overrated at all. Part of the problem is that he doesn't have Eric Moulds on the opposite side. Much like Eric suffered all last year and the first part of this year until all of a sudden Lee Evans came on. I have to admit though that I am very surprised by his performance thus far. Although, why is he being criticized when his quarterback has a rating in the 70's and would rather run around all damn day?

If anyone on that team it is overrated, it is Mr. :afro: himself.

Are you kidding me right!!!!!!!

Peerless is by far probably the most overratted, he should have never left Buffalo to Atlanta, I hope he saved his money from this contract because he will never see that type of $$ ever again, unless the NY YANKEES need him and are willing to over pay another athlete. He is a good #2 WR, but never will be a good #1 ever....................

What do u mean all of a sudden Lee Evans came on, If I remember in the begining of the year Josh Reed was the #2 guy and Evans was the #3, ever since the coaches really got a grasp of the offense thats when Evans came around!!!!!!

TigerJ
12-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I think Atlanta figures they rated Peerless too highly when they traded for him.

Drive 4 Five
12-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Are you kidding me right!!!!!!!

Peerless is by far probably the most overratted, he should have never left Buffalo to Atlanta, I hope he saved his money from this contract because he will never see that type of $$ ever again, unless the NY YANKEES need him and are willing to over pay another athlete. He is a good #2 WR, but never will be a good #1 ever....................

What do u mean all of a sudden Lee Evans came on, If I remember in the begining of the year Josh Reed was the #2 guy and Evans was the #3, ever since the coaches really got a grasp of the offense thats when Evans came around!!!!!!

Actually I wasn't. It's all good though. Take a deep breath. Blow into a paper sack or something...

:calm: Deep breath... Good.

Not sure what you're on about...

Drive 4 Five
12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
What? You don't think Michael Vick is overrated?

Tatonka
12-16-2004, 01:17 AM
vick is highly overrated at a quarterback.

colin
12-16-2004, 02:43 AM
vick might not be a skilled nfl quarterback, but he is a game breaknig talent.

his results are very vollitile, he might stink and lose, or just kill you running and with 3 deep bombs.

exciting to watch, don't want to play against him, but don't know if i want him as my qb (also he is fragile as hell)

Kenny
12-16-2004, 02:59 AM

If anyone on that team it is overrated, it is Mr. :afro: himself.How can you say that?
PP was brought into Atlanta as the #1 WR... not the #2. That example you brought up with Moulds being the main guy, and Price no longer having a better receiver opposite him to take the pressure off doesnt make ANY sense at all. Also, Moulds was injured early in the season with a groin injury remember? I think it was during that OT win against Cinci? Or was it earlier? Regardless, he was putting some good numbers when he was healthy when we were crushing the Pats, and Jags.

Anyways, dont forget, -Price was also paid big money, and hasnt even come close to producing.

As for calling Vick overrated... that's debatable. Sure he's not the best player at his position, but you cant deny that he wins games for his team. Other than Peyton, I dont think you can name 1 single player in the league that means as much to their team, as Vick does to the Falcons.
So if you want to call a player, who can (and has before) single handedly win you games overrated, than sure... I guess by your standards Vick is overrated.

Gunzlingr
12-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Didn't somebody post this last week?

ryjam282
12-16-2004, 07:12 AM
As for calling Vick overrated... that's debatable. Sure he's not the best player at his position, but you cant deny that he wins games for his team. Other than Peyton, I dont think you can name 1 single player in the league that means as much to their team, as Vick does to the Falcons.
So if you want to call a player, who can (and has before) single handedly win you games overrated, than sure... I guess by your standards Vick is overrated.

How about Favre? He sure does a few things for his team to win...As far as Vick is concerned. He is not that vital to that team. The reason it looks like that is cause his receivers can't get open and his line can't block for more then 2 seconds so he runs around and makes them look good. He doesn't win the games...His defense sure keeps him in it. How a QB with a rating of 79.1 is winning games for his team is crazy. He has gotten almost 1300 yards and 15 TD's out of his RB's...Just to give you an idea, Drew's rating is 76.7. I don't see him winning too many for us. We all know it is our running game and defense.

Kenny
12-16-2004, 12:06 PM
How about Favre? He sure does a few things for his team to win...As far as Vick is concerned. He is not that vital to that team. The reason it looks like that is cause his receivers can't get open and his line can't block for more then 2 seconds so he runs around and makes them look good. He doesn't win the games...His defense sure keeps him in it. How a QB with a rating of 79.1 is winning games for his team is crazy. He has gotten almost 1300 yards and 15 TD's out of his RB's...Just to give you an idea, Drew's rating is 76.7. I don't see him winning too many for us. We all know it is our running game and defense.
I would of said Favre a few years back, but IMO alot of the load now goes to Green.

But back to the Falcons... Look at the past two years. 2 years ago, the Falcons looked great. Made the playoffs, and Vick led them to win at Lambeau in the playoffs. Last year, Vick is gone the entire season and they become one of the worst teams in the league.
This year, he's healthy, the defense is a bit better (but nowhere near great... ranked 13th in the league), and they have lock on their division with an amazing record (10-3).

Sure he only has a 79.1 passer rating, but as previously said before, the guy is nowhere near the best at his position. Add in the fact that this is his learning year (WCO), of course his passing numbers are going to be down. You also have to consider that the guy moves the chains... to add to his passing yards, he already has 821yds rushing... probably breaking 1000yds again this season.
Im not sure why you brought DB into this, because ifi you think that the Falcons would be anywhere near 10-3 if DB was at the helm, you're crazy.

NapalmDeath
12-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Didn't somebody post this last week?

Yes sir, I do believe so

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2004, 12:45 PM
You know who is also overrated?

Zach Thomas. What a freaking sissy.:down:

Goldengriff85
12-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Price is totally overrated. He is no better than a #2. TD made the right call trading him for the pick. I would have loved to see him stay here, but the money wasn't right. That pick led to another outstanding decision (McGahee). The only mistake in this chain was not trading Henry when his value was at it's highest (I realize he couldn't have anticipated the injury).

I've been a big fan of Vick since he arrived in Atlanta. I do feel he's overrated. Don't put too much stock in their record. With the exception of the Beagles the NFC is a cesspool.

One player that doesn't get enough credit is Randy Moss. When he was healthy the Vikings were an NFC leader. When he got hurt they dropped off the map. The Viks aren't much better with him back right now, but he's playing hurt and it shows in the results.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Are you kidding me? Randy Moss doesn't get enough credit? It's like saying too bad the media doesn't talk about the NFC East enough.