PDA

View Full Version : McGahee Top Rusher in '05

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2004, 08:18 PM
The more I see of this kid, the more I think he is going to dominate next year. His knee is still not 100%, and there's no way TD will ignore the oline again. The combination of a better oline and a 100% WM is going to be extremely fun to watch. And if JP ends up starting, teams won't be able to stack the box which will give him even more room to run.

That adds up to a 1,500+ yard season for WM. Mark my words! :D

The_Philster
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
:faint: I agree...with most of it. They'll stack the box more against JP at first...and even use a spy LB on him who will be watching Willis as well once the ball is handed off

ScottLawrence
12-15-2004, 08:55 PM
I agree with all of it.

Although, If Losman does start the season, there no question teams will stack the box......why wouldn't they?

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2004, 09:03 PM
*In theory* (I say that because he hasn't had a legit chance in the NFL yet due to the injury, lack of practice, etc.), he can keep defenses more honest by moving around and throwing quicker passes. With Drew, they stack and blitz because he can't move and normally holds the ball too long.

However, I do agree that in the beginning they will try to blitz him given he would essentially be a rookie next year. So if he has a hard time adjusting to the NFL, it could be a wash for awhile.

But this is about WM and he is gonna make people look silly next year. I can feel it.

The Predator
12-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Agreed!!!

shotgun
12-16-2004, 03:04 AM
The more I see of this kid, the more I think he is going to dominate next year. His knee is still not 100%, and there's no way TD will ignore the oline again. The combination of a better oline and a 100% WM is going to be extremely fun to watch. And if JP ends up starting, teams won't be able to stack the box which will give him even more room to run.

COULD of not said it better my self my hats of to u

EDS
12-16-2004, 07:52 AM

It will be interesting to see the atmosphere in training camp next season and over the offseason - should be electric.

Hemlepp53
12-16-2004, 07:58 AM

You Got It Cyn... I Give It To You... Agreed 100%.. WM is the man of 2005 and beyond.. Lets just hope he remains happy and healthy.. and yes TD has to step up to the plate on the O Line this off season.. Good post

ryjam282
12-16-2004, 08:04 AM
I am banking on it also.... cause in our keeper league I just traded Edge for him.

finsrclowns
12-16-2004, 08:29 AM
I think WM will be better next year. It's unclear whether the OL may will be better however. I think the is a high probability Jennings will move on. That means we either play a draft pick there, attempt to move Williams over (I tend to doubt this) or attempt to sign a LT in FA, the possibilities for which are unknown. I can't see Marcus Price as the starter at LT. So LT, which is the most important position on the line, is a question mark.