PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Jets, Bills, and Broncos all finish 10-6?

buffalofan19
12-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Bills would have the tie-breaker over the Jets, who I believe have the tie breaker over Denver who has the tie breaker over Buffalo.

Which 2 of the 3 teams would get in?:confused:

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I think, not 100 percent sure, that it would come down to games vs common opponents. I don't think it's possible though, for us to have a tiebreaker over the Jets, them have it over Denver and Denver over us. It seems impossible. If we hold the tiebreaker over the Jets, and they hold it over Denver, wouldn't we hold it over Denver too?

Jesus, sorry, I just confused the hell out of myself.

MikeInRoch
12-16-2004, 07:52 AM
When there is a tie between two teams in one division and one team outside the division, the tie-breaker is resolved inside the division first, and then the division tie-breaker goes against the other tied teams in the conference.

In this case, we win the tiebreaker over the Jets (assuming they lost to New England in Week 16), and then Denver (I believe) wins the tie-breaker over us.

finsrclowns
12-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Denver is in at 10-6. Buffalo is in over the Jets if the Jets lose to NE.

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Denver is in at 10-6. Buffalo is in over the Jets if the Jets lose to NE.

Wrong. The only way we beat out the Jets is if we win out, and they lose out. See my new thread that explains it.

finsrclowns
12-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Wrong. The only way we beat out the Jets is if we win out, and they lose out. See my new thread that explains it.

Yes, I read your new thread. :funny:

Michael82
12-16-2004, 11:13 AM
WRONG! According to Chris Brown of the Bills Digest....they need to lose to the Patriots and one of the other two, Rams or Seahawks. We would hold the tiebreaker if we win out, over common opponents.

Iehoshua
12-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Bills would have the tie-breaker over the Jets, who I believe have the tie breaker over Denver who has the tie breaker over Buffalo.

Which 2 of the 3 teams would get in?:confused:

Not us.

madness
12-16-2004, 11:24 AM
WRONG! According to Chris Brown of the Bills Digest....they need to lose to the Patriots and one of the other two, Rams or Seahawks. We would hold the tiebreaker if we win out, over common opponents.

Mikey's right. Jets are 9-4. We are 7-6. If we win out and they lose out, that makes them 9-7 and us 10-6. If they lose to 2 out of 3, one of them being the Pats, were both 10-6 and we have the tiebreaker.

Michael82
12-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Mikey's right. Jets are 9-4. We are 7-6. If we win out and they lose out, that makes them 9-7 and us 10-6. If they lose to 2 out of 3, one of them being the Pats, were both 10-6 and we have the tiebreaker.
:dance: Go Seahawks!!!

jamze132
12-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I don't have to remind anyone that we have a big task ahead of us... Winning Out! And yes I know that all of these scenarios are just speculation assuming we win out. Believe me, I constantly go through my head all of the scenarios, but a thought always pops into my head and I can't get it out. NATE CLEMENTS GOING FOR THE PICK!