PDA

View Full Version : Need a good laugh...who are the 2 best QBs in the league right now?

WCoastFin
11-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Over at a Jets board....

If I'm a defensive coordinator, the two QBs I don't want to face the rest of the season are Vick and Pennington. While they're obviously of different styles, these two guys expect to win and succeed right now, and work like hell to get there. No one wants to play either these guys in a "must win" game. Both teams are underdogs in their respective conferences, but sell neither short. Neither is scared of anyone. Heck, that might make for a pretty good game sometime in January near a California beach...
And if not this year, sometime soon.

------------------
In Chad We Trust

You are what your record says you are- 5 and 5.

Didnt he ever think about Favre,McNabb or Gannon? Thats right Jet fans dont think.....well, they stop to think..... and forget to start again.

venis2k1
11-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

Didnt he ever think about Favre,McNabb or Gannon? Thats right Jet fans dont think.....well, they stop to think..... and forget to start again.

you forgot about Lucas...:afro: WORD :afro:

WG
11-21-2002, 10:39 AM
I hear ya, but Pennington is playing some good ball however. I'm not saying he's worthy of "being feared", but he's definitely playing solidly at minimum.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-22-2002, 11:40 AM
They are adjusting the offensive play to better suit their QB. By doing this they allow him to do things he may be strong at. That is the sign of a good OC/HC. They are not putting the wait of the teamon him. Couple that with their defence starting to make a play or 2 and their ST's playing well, and what you have is a descent football team. Amazing how easy it sounds isnt it.

85inthehall
11-22-2002, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't want to face vick or chad right now...both are maturing and present challenges to defenses..vick with a cannon of an arm and his ability to scramble -- ask the saints and steelers how he was to play against -- chad because he is hitting over 70% of his passes and cracked 80% twice, he is involving 7 or more recievers -- makes it difficult to shut them down -- who do you cover? what do you plan against? he doesn't beat himself.

McNabb - broken ankle no one fears him now
Farve - always feared but he will turn the ball over - look at Minnesota
Gannon - during his 4 game losing streak he showed he can be flustered and give the ball away -- just need to get him to that point.

4thAndLong
11-22-2002, 12:42 PM
every QB turns the ball over, 85. How is that an excuse for Favre?

Saying Chad is an elite QB is complete BS and a complete biased statement.

IMO, Bulger is better than Chad. Favre, Drew, Gannon, McNabb (even with a broken ankle, look what he did with it), etc. Are a few more better than Pennington.