X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackey789
    • Jul 2002

Mark Weiler's Bills/Bungals Matchup

After reading Mark Weiler's bills/bengals matchup for this week on yahoo sports.....

...i have come to hate this guy even more. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this guy that "WYS" idiot who used to post on the other site 20000000 times/day? What a pile of crap this guy always writes, has to be the most negative, pathetic loser there is. Humpty? Wow this gets me pissed.
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Yep, the Humpty thing is really juvenile. I couldn't get through one of his post much less one of his articles so when I see his name or Bills report I skip over it.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Nor does is say much about the team's confidences

Great editors they have over there...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

This guy has about as much credibility as me and my tiebreaking scenarios.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

He left her becausehe got tired of people calling him out for all his blind commentary thinly disguised as analysis. He's never been sold on McGahee (a TD selection). Now, he's super hyped about Shaud Williams. He's all about the pieces, all about where we've been, not where we're going, and refuses to acknowledge that the Bills organizaation might just know a bit more than he does. I mean, they see everyone up close everyday; he's in VA, but he sees what they don't. I don't bother reading his screed.
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            This guy has about as much credibility as me and my tiebreaking scenarios.

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

this thread will have 5 pages of posts by tomorrow night
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

This should be an interesting game both to watch and analyze. It should be an entertaining matchup worthy of being televised. If the Bills are truly the team that fans are reading about nationwide, a win here should be a given. A loss here justifies none of the current talk of greatness and success this season. This is a must-win game to prove improvement over last season. The Bengals are a .500 caliber team with a weak defense through and through, nothing more. If the Bills cannot beat the Bengals with as much "on the line" as there is, then they are not playoff caliber. It is that simple.

The guy is such an ass.

Is he a Bills fan if anyone knows him?

While I agree this is a must win, if we don't win, how does this show we are not a playoff caliber team?

The Bengals beat the Ravens in Baltimore two weeks ago, so I guess the Ravens aren't a playoff caliber team?....Bengals have been competative all year, if we lose, it won't be because we aren't a playoff caliber team.

He gets joy at brining down all the optomistic Bills fans.
                You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• FTG
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

Is he a Bills fan if anyone knows him?

He was. It does not sound like he is anymore
                  Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

Why are his reports on the BZ front page? He was ousted or left on his own however you look at it, but his reports aren't insightful as a true reporter would write. They are written like he has an axe to grind with the organization.

Comment

• helmetguy
                      • Sep 2002

He has a stick up his butt about Donahoe, Bledsoe, and a few others such that, no matter what happens, they deserve all the blame and none of the credit. He was a huge advocate of Travis Brown, but was nearly apoplectic about the acquisitions of Milloy and Big Sam Adams. After last year's home opener, some of us ribbed him about his slams on Adams and he didn't take it well. Aside from the fact that he has never learned that, in writing, "less is more," what credibility he MIGHT have gets lost in a morass of words for the sake of words, and a complete lack of objectivity. He'll even contradict himself-within the same piece-just to grind one of his axes.

-Deep Purple

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

My reaction is pretty much the same as everyone else's. If Weiler aspires to any credibility as a sports journalist, he cannot let his bias take the form of insulting names. Of course, it would be better if he could write without bias, but let's hope for small steps first. If for no other reason, it would be nice to see Buffalo crush Cincinnati so Weiler would look stupid to any readers who still respect him.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I could go on and on, but it's beating a dead horse. My professors at school write a decent book, then milk it for journal articles until it's no longer relevant. Then they write another book.

Wys does the same thing- he came up with some good criticisms about Bledsoe in 2002, and just repeats them week after week, despite people constantly bringing out the flaws in his arguments. But unlike my professors, he has yet to move on to the next subject.....
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

He implies starting Bledsoe shows no confidence in Losman? Like a rookie QB is SUPPOSED to be the starter???
                            On a related note, Big Ben's success this year has a downside: every other rookie QB looks like a bust by comparison, and that's not fair.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• helmetguy
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I could go on and on, but it's beating a dead horse. My professors at school write a decent book, then milk it for journal articles until it's no longer relevant. Then they write another book.

Wys does the same thing- he came up with some good criticisms about Bledsoe in 2002, and just repeats them week after week, despite people constantly bringing out the flaws in his arguments. But unlike my professors, he has yet to move on to the next subject.....
                              At least your professors write cogent material, right? My Criminology/Corrections professor was a lot like the paper hangers you described; except that reading his material was on par with giving birth (as many women have desribed childbirth)-painful and tedious! Still, I'd much rather read the works of E. Scott Ryan than the amorphous diatribes that litter my Yahoo start page.

-Deep Purple

Comment

Working...
                              X