PDA

View Full Version : "Best Defense they have faced all year"

JD
12-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Props from Cinci (http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2636)

Calling us the best D# they will face this year....aww lol
That means, better than the steelers AND washington...woot woot go bills baby YA!!!

:bow:

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
and Baltimore !!!

Forward_Lateral
12-17-2004, 01:46 PM
I hate it when opponents give us credit. I'd much rather them say we suck or we are over-rated. It fuels our players much more...like when Cleveland ripped on Takeo in the preseason.

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Ya I wouldnt be surprised if its mind games, and they actually believe that they match up well.

OpIv37
12-17-2004, 03:57 PM
There are are two things occurring here. First, like FL and Mahdi said- it's mind games. I'm sure they have respect for our D, but they're not going to give them the proverbial bulletin-board fodder. They saw when happened when the Browns dissed Spikes last week....

Second, it's a little "CYA", as in "cover your ass". If our D unloads on them like they did on Cleveland, Miami and Seattle, at least they'll be able to respond to the media criticism with "hey, I told you guys last week that they were damn good- you try playing against the league's best D" There's no real shame in being beaten by the best, and by calling us the best, they're giving themselves an out.

Drive 4 Five
12-17-2004, 04:42 PM
I hate it when opponents give us credit. I'd much rather them say we suck or we are over-rated. It fuels our players much more...like when Cleveland ripped on Takeo in the preseason.

Especially coming from Bill Belichick... I think he beefs us up to make his team really really mad and they come out like a rabid dogs.

Drive 4 Five
12-17-2004, 04:56 PM
:question:

So nobody here believes that we are better than those guys? I'll tell you what, having Vincent in at free safety is going to payoff huge. Just wait and see.

This defense is a ****ing :ugly: monster.

I can understand if nobody wants to acknowledge that we had one of the most impressive performances by a defense ever because of the opponent. I thought it was pretty damn impressive and a sign of things to come. No way do we let big Pat get away.

Zero
12-17-2004, 05:19 PM
What did the browns say about spikes? i must have missed it...

OpIv37
12-17-2004, 05:22 PM
What did the browns say about spikes? i must have missed it...

Before the season started, the Bills and Browns scrimmaged at Fisher, and one of the Browns players was talking about how Spikes got beat during the scrimmage. Pure motivation.

Zero
12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow, during scrimmage? Bid deal. Spikes was a maniac when it counted. Im hoping for a repeat performance on sunday

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Although I think that the Bengals are trying to play mind games, I still think we have the best defense in the league, and especially like you said, having Vincent in at FS.

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Although I think that the Bengals are trying to play mind games, I still think we have the best defense in the league, and especially like you said, having Vincent in at FS.
I forgot to quote in my reply

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 05:43 PM
:question:

So nobody here believes that we are better than those guys? I'll tell you what, having Vincent in at free safety is going to payoff huge. Just wait and see.

I can understand if nobody wants to acknowledge that we had one of the most impressive performances by a defense ever because of the opponent. I thought it was pretty damn impressive and a sign of things to come. No way do we let big Pat get away.
and i just quoted myself.......lemme try again

Drive 4 Five
12-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Terence McGee made this all possible. I love how that guy stepped up. He has outplayed Clements in my opinion.

Drive 4 Five
12-17-2004, 05:45 PM
LOL Go Mahdi :clap:

OpIv37
12-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Wow, during scrimmage? Bid deal. Spikes was a maniac when it counted. Im hoping for a repeat performance on sunday

He's going to play his old team tough. Plus he practiced against them- I'm sure they've changed their O a little in two years, but he still knows a lot about them.

Mahdi
12-17-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL Go Mahdi :clap:

Thanks, I have no clue what I was doing.... :headscrat

TigerJ
12-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Mularkey can always make up stories about Cincinnati dissing the Bills.

Kenny
12-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Mularkey can always make up stories about Cincinnati dissing the Bills.
hopefully he'll send each of the players on our defense a bottle of pepto bismol and say it was courtousy of Chad Johnson :D

TigerJ
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
hopefully he'll send each of the players on our defense a bottle of pepto bismol and say it was courtousy of Chad Johnson :D

There ya go!

The Predator
12-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Agreed.

A "Hungry" Monster!!!

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>04