X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drev8
    • Aug 2004

Palmer improving, might start

According to www.kffl.com, Carson Palmer's knee is improving and Marvin Lewis will decide Sunday morning if he'll start.

They're really keeping us in suspense. How much does this uncertainty affect the Bills gameplanning?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I dont think it will. Both their QBs run the offense very similar. Although I think Kitna has the edge of the 2 he has played Buffalo numerous times and he knows TKO.

I would rather face a beat up Palmer than a healthy Kitna

"Brandon: When does your contract expire so you can come back to 'nati and get that championship?

TKO: I have for 4 more years on my contract here in Buffalo, but I should have my Championship by then"
    from TKO's site.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard

I would rather face a beat up Palmer than a healthy Kitna

Agreed. Palmer has a little stronger arm, but Kitna has more experience and can still throw the ball deep enough that the Bills need to be concerned. Cincy's offensive strength is in their receivers, and that's where the Bills need to concentrate their attention in game planning.

If Palmer plays on that bad knee, Big Sam will have him on the sidelines by the 2nd quarter.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Was does everyone think of rudi?

I personally think he is overated and wont see 40 yards against us.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I hope it's windy and snowing like crazy there. Then, it won't matter what QB we face, we'll just have to stop Rudi Johnson.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

As of Friday after practice, Carson Palmer won't start Sunday against the Bills and will be either the No. 2 or No. 3 quarterback with Jon Kitna the starter. But head coach Marvin Lewis said Palmer's sprained left knee is improving and he reserved the right to make a change Sunday morning. As he left the practice field Friday, Lewis said it would be unfair to play Palmer in his current state.

Also, Lewis doesn't think left cornerback Deltha O'Neal (ankle) is going to be ready until the Giants' game next week and rookie Keiwan Ratliff gets his third straight start. Injured left end Duane Clemons and his team-high 6.5 sacks won't start for the first
            time in 25 games with Carl Powell getting the call

Thats from the Bengals website. Looks like Carson wont play, aswell as 2 key guys on their D.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I hope he can put some weight on that knee because Sam and Pat are gonna be on top of him alll day
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

Well I wouldn't go so far as to call a brutha overrated cause he is a tough little guy who earns everything he gets, but some of the best like Shaun Alexander couldn't break 40 and Rudi "Rudi Rudi Rudi" Johnson sure as hell can't. Any Bengals fans got a problem with that?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                  • May 2003

I agree that Kitna is the better conductor of their offense at this point. No knock on Palmer because this guy has really been coming on as of late and I think Marvin Lewis made the right move in starting him this year. On the other hand, you cannot go wrong with your journeyman. Kitna will come in and handle his business like a good backup is supposed to. Kitna will not lose this game for those guys, I'll tell you that right now. It is their defense that is going to cost them. We're gonna whip their candy-striped asses regardless of who their quarterback is. Bring it!

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

I think it's going to be a great matchup for us. Rudi isnt fast at all, and cant move to the outside. His strength is running inside, and with Fat Pat & Big Poppa the Show Stoppa he doesnt have a chance this Sunday.

Im pretty worried about the secondary though... I really hope we can hold up their passing game.

Comment

Working...
                    X