• Morgoth
    Can you blow me where the pampers is?
    • Jun 2003

Explain this tiebreaking rule please.

Within the conference it works like this:
    head-to-head
    conference wins
    common opponents(at least 4)

In regards to common opponents, which game do you count for that is one of the common opponents was played twice and one game was a win and the other a loss?

For example if we pull tied with Denver for both record and conference wins it will come down to common opponents. If that happens we have both played and lost to the Jags. We have both played the Dolphins and won(Buffalo twice). Denver lost to the Bengals who we play this weekend. My question is this we played and lost to the Raiders, they have played the Raiders twice. Winning once and losing once. If we beat the Bengals how do they determine which game against the Raiders to use to determine who wins the tiebreak?
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

For the case you mention, Buffalo is currently 2-2 with a game with the Bengals to come.

Denver is currently 2-3. I think that all games count, and if the Bills beat Cincy, then we're 3-2 and they're 2-3.

Comment

• Morgoth
      • Jun 2003

Holy crap something in our favor!
      Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Does that mean if Denver finishes 10-6, we get the tiebreaker? Or do they still beat us cuz of our horrid conference record?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I think they have us beat in conference wins, since we'd have to be 4-0 in interconference games to get to the tie breaker in the first place.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I think they have us beat in conference wins, since we'd have to be 4-0 in interconference games to get to the tie breaker in the first place.
            so we need them to have 7 losses to be ahead of them, or hope the Jets/Ravens/Bengals end up worse than both Buffalo and Denver to get in, right?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              so we need them to have 7 losses to be ahead of them, or hope the Jets/Ravens/Bengals end up worse than both Buffalo and Denver to get in, right?
              I think the Jets will end up in.

Denver is in KC this week.

If we beat the Bengals, we'll be ahead of them. I think it would be better for the Jets to beat the Ravens. The Ravens also have Pittsburgh left. They could lose 2 of three.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                I think the Jets will end up in.

Denver is in KC this week.

If we beat the Bengals, we'll be ahead of them. I think it would be better for the Jets to beat the Ravens. The Ravens also have Pittsburgh left. They could lose 2 of three.

The more I read about this, the more I think it's not going to happen. I give the Bills a decent shot at winning out, even though Cincy and Pitt will be tough games. But I just don't see the rest of these things happening- there's too many variables.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Do you guys want me to explain it?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    Do you guys want me to explain it?
                    Nah, I think I got it- if the Jets and Ravens lose 2 of the next three and 9 other teams die in plane crashes, we're in.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Nah, I think I got it- if the Jets and Ravens lose 2 of the next three and 9 other teams die in plane crashes, we're in.
                      Sorry, I was joking, you must've missed my oh so smart tiebreaking thread.

Comment

• Morgoth
                        • Jun 2003

I'm with EE on this one, the Jets are probably in. Denver and Baltimore have to lose 2 of their last 3 and Jacksonville has to lose 1. This all being contingent on us winning out. We're already ahead of Cincinnati we just have to stay ahead of them.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          Sorry, I was joking, you must've missed my oh so smart tiebreaking thread.

ROFL... Forwards jokes are less funnny than his serious posts....

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I saw Forward's "tiebreaker" thread, so I appreciate his humor.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              I saw Forward's "tiebreaker" thread, so I appreciate his humor.
                              I'd rather have Forward explain nuclear physics.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X