PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note by Len Pasquarelli of ESPN

Ickybaluky
12-17-2004, 04:03 PM
He states:

"Strange but true: The coordinators for the league's three-top rated defenses through 14 weeks of the season all worked for the Buffalo Bills in 2003. Dick LeBeau, who oversees to top-rated Pittsburgh defense, was a senior assistant in Buffalo in '03. Greg Williams, who coordinates the No. 2-rated Washington defense, was, of course, the head coach of the Bills. And the Bills current coordinator, Jerry Gray, who has the third-rated unit in the league, held the same position in Buffalo last year and was retained by rookie head coach Mike Mularkey."

OpIv37
12-17-2004, 04:05 PM
He states:

"Strange but true: The coordinators for the league's three-top rated defenses through 14 weeks of the season all worked for the Buffalo Bills in 2003. Dick LeBeau, who oversees to top-rated Pittsburgh defense, was a senior assistant in Buffalo in '03. Greg Williams, who coordinates the No. 2-rated Washington defense, was, of course, the head coach of the Bills. And the Bills current coordinator, Jerry Gray, who has the third-rated unit in the league, held the same position in Buffalo last year and was retained by rookie head coach Mike Mularkey."

yeah I noticed this a few weeks ago, but I didn't say anything because the Miami debacle temporarily knocked us out of the top 3. There's definitely been some defense in B-lo the last few years... too bad it hasn't gotten us anywhere (yet)

FTG
12-17-2004, 04:50 PM
We've had good D over the years but this years is the best. This year we are finally causing turnovers

Mr. Cynical
12-17-2004, 04:56 PM
There's definitely been some defense in B-lo the last few years... too bad it hasn't gotten us anywhere (yet)Agreed. Kinda puts a small dent in that old saying defense wins championships. :(

casdhf
12-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Three guys created this defense, I hope Gray dosnt reap all the benefits and head coaching offers, so we can keep him for a while

Turf
12-17-2004, 11:11 PM
And don't forget Wade in SD.

Bills 4 life
12-18-2004, 08:17 AM
WE HAD THE #1 DEF. THAT YEAR WE LOST TO TENN. I THOUGHT WE DEFINITELY WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFC.

helmetguy
12-18-2004, 01:46 PM
WE HAD THE #1 DEF. THAT YEAR WE LOST TO TENN. I THOUGHT WE DEFINITELY WERE THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFC.
Correction. We had the #3 defense that year. That's what prompted GW to gloat, when asked why he was switching up the basic defensive set, "MY defense in Tennessee was #1," or words to that effect. After that, I was no fan of GW.