X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Has anyone seen anything on Moulds?

i was wondering if he commented at all on his recent slump? i never seen any press conferences from him. his play has been pretty poor this year and he is dropping way to many balls.. they arent perfect passes all the time, but he is supposed to be elite.. he has to catch it if it hits his hands..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Teams that are having success usually don't hold press conferences and mention how much they have been screwing up.

Winning is a big bandaid

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Haven't seen much on Moulds from front office since defense, McGahee and Evans and special teams have been stars. Maybe some comments on his tv or radio show - he does still that right?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I have seen no mention of Moulds' poor play. In fact, the last (post-Browns) edition of Bills Digest, in its Quarterback evaluation, mentioned Bledsoe not having enough air under one pass to Moulds, hanging another to him for an interception, and throwing behind him on yet another.

In its Wide Receivers analysis, it said only that Eric was a target early, but Drew "had some problems with accuracy." Absolutely no mention of Moulds' drops.

Apparently, Moulds' problems are all Bledsoe's fault.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Not all, Jan, just most of them!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by mybills
            Not all, Jan, just most of them!
            Oh yeah, mybills, you're right. He hasn't been officially cited as the the cause of SARS, global warming, or the corrupt UN oil-for-food program - yet.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Didn't realize it, but if he has 3 good games, he can still end up with 100 catches this year. He's got 71 right now, with 3 games left.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                Didn't realize it, but if he has 3 good games, he can still end up with 100 catches this year. He's got 71 right now, with 3 games left.
                But 71 out of 150 thrown to him isn't all that good. Must be Drew's fault.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

He's not 15 feet tall with a 12 foot arm span, either!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

As teams become more aware of Evans, I think Moulds will have more success. Like Isaac Bruce did when Tory Holt came along.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Don't get me wrong, I agree that he's having a bad season, but imagine if he was catching everything that he should, he'd have near 100 catches already. He's still probably going to end up with 1000 yards too. Personally, I think EMO can erase his recent bad games with a huge week against the Bengals.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Don't get me wrong, I agree that he's having a bad season, but imagine if he was catching everything that he should, he'd have near 100 catches already. He's still probably going to end up with 1000 yards too. Personally, I think EMO can erase his recent bad games with a huge week against the Bengals.
                        I hope so - I really like Moulds, but his hands just haven't been there in many games this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          you might want to record the games and you will see that Drew has been off target a lot of times. You will also see that Moulds has made some catches that were either too low or behing him. The thing is some people just see the dropped pass and not how thatball was thrown. I've stated this many times.

Moulds hasn't had alot of chances going deep because Drew needed to get rid of the ball fast. Drew can still zip the ball and when he does that 5-10 yds and a little off target, you can expect players to drop them. Moulds also has to stay w/ in short to medium range to attract db's his way so that Lee can go deep for single coverages.I haven't seen Moulds drop a lot of balls when Drew is throwing to him for long yardage which doesn't happen a lot. Moulds isn't the only one having droppsies. Evans has had problems too w/ Drew.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            you might want to record the games and you will see that Drew has been off target a lot of times. You will also see that Moulds has made some catches that were either too low or behing him. The thing is some people just see the dropped pass and not how thatball was thrown. I've stated this many times.

Moulds hasn't had alot of chances going deep because Drew needed to get rid of the ball fast. Drew can still zip the ball and when he does that 5-10 yds and a little off target, you can expect players to drop them. Moulds also has to stay w/ in short to medium range to attract db's his way so that Lee can go deep for single coverages. Moulds isn't the only one having droppsies. Evans has had problems too w/ Drew.
                            I'm a season ticket holder and an NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber, so I've seen all the games. While I agree that Drew has been far from perfect, Moulds has had - uncharacteristically for him - a lot of dropped balls, and fewer outstanding catches than in the past.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

Moulds has set a high standard for his level of play. To me, Justa is on to something in one sense: the balls coming Moulds way this year have had to come out quicker and shorter this year, usually in 3 seconds. That means two things, one the QB is going to rush the throw sometimes and it's going to be off and two the receiver may not be quite ready for the ball. Last week Drew was off on a lot of throws but Moulds didn't help him much either. I get the feeling both Moulds and Bledsoe would much prefer a more downfield attack, but both know we don't have the OL to support that.

Moulds is not used to having to catch as many balls as he's had to in traffic this year, and he seems to not be focusing on the ball all the time. Part of that is the routes, but I do think he's lost a step. He's just not getting open the way he used to. He's still good, but the play he made against Miami where he turned a short hitch into a TD? That's what he needs to do more of in this style offense for us to become more dangerous. If you want to throw mostly short passes you need receivers to make YAC. His #'s will look good at year's end but Moulds demands and gets the ball thrown his way a ton. Maybe if we hadn't seen him at his best we would be fully satisfied with what we're seeing now.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X