Will Bradford Banta Play a Key Role Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Will Bradford Banta Play a Key Role Sunday?

If Dorenbos can't go, the newly acquired Banta will be our long snapper. It's a position we hardly ever notice, unless something goes wrong. Let's hope we don't notice Banta against the Bengals.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

they are probably practicing with him alot this week, I'm not worried
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

I am not too worried about his long snapping; he was as good as Ethan Albright when he was snapping. I am more worried about other things like needing to make a tackle or taking on a wedge guy - Dorenbos was doing a decent job on special teams making players turn towards tacklers.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
        I am not too worried about his long snapping; he was as good as Ethan Albright when he was snapping. I am more worried about other things like needing to make a tackle or taking on a wedge guy - Dorenbos was doing a decent job on special teams making players turn towards tacklers.
        agreed...and besides, wasn't Dorenbos only snapping on punts?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Long snappers are a lot like offensive linemen in general. You only hear about them when they screw up. Let's hope we don't hear anything about him on Sunday.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            If Dorenbos can't go, the newly acquired Banta will be our long snapper. It's a position we hardly ever notice, unless something goes wrong. Let's hope we don't notice Banta against the Bengals.

good point Jan.Banta is a veteran in the NFL.i think he'll come in and do a good job wherever he is asked to play.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              agreed...and besides, wasn't Dorenbos only snapping on punts?
              Last year yes but this year he was on FGs and on some punts as well.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

The one fly in the ointment is timing. The long snapper, holder, and kicker form somethng of a unit. When they work together for a long time, they know exactly what to expect of each other. Banta may be every bit as accurate as Dorenbos, but if he's a fraction of a second slower or faster, it can throw off the timing of the whole process. That's what they will have been working on all wee., just getting used to each other and the minute changes in timing.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Who held after Dorenbos was hurt or was he hurt on last FG? Was it the one with the fumbled snap where Moorman tried running and then throwing to Denney?

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                    Who held after Dorenbos was hurt or was he hurt on last FG? Was it the one with the fumbled snap where Moorman tried running and then throwing to Denney?
                    Dunno.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      The one fly in the ointment is timing. The long snapper, holder, and kicker form somethng of a unit. When they work together for a long time, they know exactly what to expect of each other. Banta may be every bit as accurate as Dorenbos, but if he's a fraction of a second slower or faster, it can throw off the timing of the whole process. That's what they will have been working on all wee., just getting used to each other and the minute changes in timing.
                      I'd be worried if we had a kicker worth a ****. Considering we have Lindell, it's all a moot point anyway.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                        I'd be worried if we had a kicker worth a ****. Considering we have Lindell, it's all a moot point anyway.
                        Lindell is 17 for 20 on the season, which is pretty good. But he's bottom 2/3 in the league on kickoffs and long FG's. Overall he grades a C.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                        X