PDA

View Full Version : Matchup

The_Philster
12-19-2004, 07:53 AM
They're doing a little expose on us on Matchup and showed something glaringly obvious. A lot of completions made against us have come when we aren't jamming the WRs. They showed one example against the Fish in which Nate thought run and let his WR get past him without a jam, leaving the coverage to the S in the 2-deep coverage...the pass was completed.

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 07:56 AM
They're doing a little expose on us on Matchup and showed something glaringly obvious. A lot of completions made against us have come when we aren't jamming the WRs. They showed one example against the Fish in which Nate thought run and let his WR get past him without a jam, leaving the coverage to the S in the 2-deep coverage...the pass was completed.
I'll give Nate a pass on that- The Dolphins couldn't pas to save their lives so I'm sure our defrense was over playing the run early in that one. I wonder if that was a first quarter clip they used. Obviously the Bills clamped down the rest of the way with 5 picks.

The_Philster
12-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Yeah...but they showed another play in which he was still ready to play the run, but jammed the WR first coming out of the blocks. It turned out to be a pass play that failed for the Fish. People were always down on Winfield last season because everyone caught passes on him. When he was always playing off, and not jamming the WRs, what do people expect? :idunno: I wonder how much he's jamming WRs in Minnesota :scratch: