X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

If the Bills need to beat Pittsburgh for the playoffs

At the begining of October I was strapped for cash. I had $150 in traffic violations so I had to sell my Dolphins and Cardinals tickets to come up with the cash to pay for them.

I had three options...

1. Go to the game and let my car payment go for that month.

2. Don't pay the traffic fines and lose my license in NY

3. Sell the tickets to my next two games.

I had no other option then to settle for option 3 and receive the $200 needed to pay for my traffic fines for my tinted windows and not having my drivers license on me when I got pulled over. This trooper wrote me up for everything.

The moment I have to miss a couple games we win 2 out of 3 to improve our record to 2-5.

Then more misfourtunes happen. BAM, on November 2nd I'm involved in a car accident that was charged to me which I feel was from discrimination. I fought it and took it to court but came up on the losing end.

They dismissed one of my tickets from the accident that saved me $120 but I still got socked for one other $100 ticket along with the accident which would take a $500 deductible to get fixed. At that same point inspection was up on my car and I needed new breaks and rotors which would cost me another $140. To add insult to injury my car wouldn't pass inspection till I got my car repaired because my headlight and turn signal were smashed out.

Well it's safe enough to say with having to come up with another $720 by the end of the year I was stuck in another rotten situation to get out of.

I was again faced with options...

1. Go without a car till close to February after I could save up the cash to get my car fixed.

2. Buy some illegal drugs to re-sell for a profit to come up with the cash(no way in hell I'd do this)

3. Once again sell some more tickets

Unfortunately I had to sell more tickets. Off went my Jets, Rams and Browns tickets for $300 of much needed money.

Then fate keeps rolling for the Bills and we continue winning when I'm not at the games. I'm a VERY superstitious person so I start debating on whether I'm bringing them luck by not being there in person.

Then finally I catch a much needed break. The Bills are looking dominant and keep on winning and even better last week my insurance adjuster stops by and ends up being the father of a girl I knew very well through high school and over the last 15 years. He determines that my car would cost exactly $500 more to get fixed then what the estimate from my body shop came up with so I no longer would have to come up with the money to repair my car since the check will be for the same amount my estimate was for after they took out the fee for my deducitble. Needless to say he was quickly added to my Christmas list this year.

Now my car is finally in the body shop to get fixed and I have an extra $500 stored away I don't need to pay anymore along with one pair of tickets left for the Pittsburgh game on January 2nd.

Now I'm scared to attend cause I'm afraid I might jinx them. If we lost that game it would haunt me even more.

I really wanna go but now I'm having doubts. I've had season tickets for 4 years now and we haven't had many wins during that span. Now after I miss a few games we start winning. I think I'm gonna have to take one for the team.

These are my options...

1. Say screw it and don't believe in superstition and take my chances at the game.

2. Put my tickets up for bid on E-Bay and probably score a nice payday as a result.

I wanna go to the game but I'm not gonna test fate and superstition this season.

If the Bills need the Week 17 game for the playoffs and the Steelers need that game for home field advantage in the playoffs I could probably get at least $100 each for the tickets.

I live inbetween Bills and Steelers country so selling the tickets wouldn't be any problem at all. If I put them up for bid on E-Bay I could really make some good cash from it.

What should I do? Take my chances with the devil at the game in my seats or sell the tickets for a profit?

I don't care about the money and would rather be at the game but we're 7-2 since I've missed a game and only 17-35 when I've been there.

I will leave the decision up to the Bills fans. The majority will rule.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Sorry man...but for the Bills...you gotta sacrifice going to the game. If you not going has been a big part of the win streak...sell your tickets and make the money.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

You should sell your tickets to me for face value.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
        You should sell your tickets to me for face value.
        i was gonna say that
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Somebody's got to have tickets out there. I want tickets!

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
            Shinier than your mom
            • Jul 2002

Hate to say it, but you gotta stay home, bro.

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

Where are the seats?

Id give you a bit more than face value for 3
              [

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

I'll be there!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71
                  Where are the seats?

Id give you a bit more than face value for 3
                  Corner EZ. I only have two tickets though.

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

Ill give you $125 for both
                    [

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

Go anyways man. Superstition has nothing to do with it. It will be a good game to see and we are going to win it. You need to experience that.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BAM
                        Go anyways man. Superstition has nothing to do with it. It will be a good game to see and we are going to win it. You need to experience that.
                        I'd love to go but there isn't any way I'm gonna test fate right now. My road misfortunes might be the key to our playoff ticket this year.

Too bad my bad luck wouldn't have started in early September before we started 0-4.

If the Bills make the playoffs I will gladly accept any small donations from Bills fans to help recoup my losses and allowing the Bills to have a miracle turnaround finish

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                          I'll be there!
                          What's your record this year?

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Third time is the charm, Mikey. Third time is the charm.

Comment

• dannyek71
                              Drink Responsibly
                              • Dec 2004

BillsFeaver: You looking to sell the tickets then?
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X