PDA

View Full Version : Another win, let the complaining begin!

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 03:19 PM
What will it be this week?

Typ0
12-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Drew throwing a plethora of bad balls...failure to score in the red zone. Bad play calling...inability to run the ball. That's my prediction at least.

Typ0
12-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Drew has a 50% completion rate.

Kitna's numbers - 16/32 151 1 2

Rudy Johnson whipped up the field with our run defense today -- 23 130 1 31

We rushed 29 times today for a total of 43 yards.

They turned the ball over 4 times. It's amazing we didn't even double their score.

For me, I love the wins...but our game was far from solid today. In fact, we were downright pathetic in some areas of the game.

colin
12-19-2004, 03:28 PM
the one thing i don't like is our line, they are not good.

we keep at least one extra blocker on every pass play, so we have 3 or 4 being covered by 6-7, and on a blitz we still don't get much done.

we can't make holes running.

but

we have an outstanding D and great special teams, and a few play makers on O, so we will be good.

we still need at least 2 more o linemen and jennings isn't good enough to pay big for, so we will need 3 most likely in the offseason.

good win tho

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Drew throwing a plethora of bad balls...failure to score in the red zone. Bad play calling...inability to run the ball. That's my prediction at least.

Drew threw a lot of bad passes? when? I saw 2 overthrown balls. but mostly thew coverage was just tight. i didn't see a lot of horrible passes.

Inability to run might be one but they were selling out ot he run. they did a good job at it. whata re you gonna do?

playcalling was tough at times. Cincy's D came to play... to bad the rest ofthe team missed the boat. (too bad for them that is)

I actually take this victory as a positive... we FOUND WAY TO WIN when the gameplan went to pot. Sometimes you need to win a game when these things happen.

Stat guys are going to go nuts as usual but we overcame a rough day with no run game and still won easily.

BAM
12-19-2004, 03:31 PM
How about that overrated defense!

unpaid_bills
12-19-2004, 03:33 PM
A win is a win. Much rather be talking Playoffs than Draft or next year at this point. Cincy is a good team too

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Drew threw a lot of bad passes? when? I saw 2 overthrown balls. but mostly thew coverage was just tight. i didn't see a lot of horrible passes.

He had miss fires to Moulds and company when throwing short in the first half. Nevertheless, he didn't lose the game so , I'll take the win. Thank goodness for the D and special team.

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 03:34 PM

Inability to run might be one but they were selling out ot he run. they did a good job at it. whata re you gonna do?

playcalling was tough at times. Cincy's D came to play... to bad the rest ofthe team missed the boat. (too bad for them that is)

I actually take this victory as a positive... we FOUND WAY TO WIN when the gameplan went to pot. Sometimes you need to win a game when these things happen.

Stat guys are going to go nuts as usual but we overcame a rough day with no run game and still won easily.

I guess he should have put those balls wehre the CB could get to them. Damn him throwing it away and living for another play!!!!

Typ0
12-19-2004, 03:35 PM

I love the win. I'm ecstatic about where we're at right now...but drew did throw a lot of crap balls on the short passes. You must have been watching another game than me.

shotgun
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
i am pissed the sp can;t thay ever block a punt and take it in for a td
what about spikes when in the hell is he going to pick a pass off again and take it to the house ... and what abot evans when will he get 100 yards and a td .and g-damm lindell this guy sucks can't make anything be on 32 yards

other then that i am happy with everything eles

Mad Bomber
12-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Here's a key stat:

Drew had
1 TD
0 INT

shotgun
hay bills fans the bills are 2 games above .500 be happy allready

Canadian'eh!
I love the win. I'm ecstatic about where we're at right now...but drew did throw a lot of crap balls on the short passes. You must have been watching another game than me.

i need to get some of those "anti-Beldsoe" glasses so i can see the game properly i guess.

i think the level of standard to which Drew is held now is a bit high.

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 03:38 PM
What will it be this week?
Re-runs.........damn!

colin
12-19-2004, 03:39 PM
drew is managing this team well

we have our TEs all hurt, and frankly our line is just not good.

we obviously can't punch holes running, although mcgahee does not need much daylight, some would help

in passing situations we always have extra blockers, on nearly every play, and we still let guys in on a blitz.

we need a new center to left tackle, at least one or two new guys, to be an overall good o line.

we are pretty damn good in every other respect but kicker.

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 03:41 PM
i need to get some of those "anti'Beldso" glasses so i ca see the game properly i guess.Is he Anti-Bledsoe or are you a Bledsoe apologist?

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Drew has a 50% completion rate.

Kitna's numbers - 16/32 151 1 2

Rudy Johnson whipped up the field with our run defense today -- 23 130 1 31

We rushed 29 times today for a total of 43 yards.

They turned the ball over 4 times. It's amazing we didn't even double their score.

For me, I love the wins...but our game was far from solid today. In fact, we were downright pathetic in some areas of the game.I didn't see the game, but from those numbers...the one that concerns me the most is Rudi's. Pittsburgh's running game is better and we can't let that happen if we want to beat them.

As for Drew's performance...I'm just glad he didn't throw the INTs. As I predicted earlier in this thread, if he tosses less than 2 (i.e., 0 or 1) we win. His 50% completion rate for 183 yards is par for the course.

Go Green Bay. :D

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 03:44 PM
P.S. This is the equivalent of a hater thread saying "I told you so" after a game where Drew **** the bed. Just making that clear for those who missed that.

BAM
12-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Here's a key stat:

Drew had
1 TD
0 INT

Excellent stat. He did not lose the game for us. And he made me laugh on a couple runs he had for positive yards. :up:

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 03:51 PM
His 50% completion rate for 183 yards is par for the course.

So is his WIN par for the course as of late.

BlackJohn
12-19-2004, 03:52 PM
nate the aint clements sucks!

Chad Johnson Really schooled him, 2 catches for ten yards.

Thanks for coming out chad, and to that chop who started that thread.

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Is he Anti-Bledsoe or are you a Bledsoe apologist?

What the hell am i apologizing for? He played fine today. I honeslty don't know why everyone thinks that he has o throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's in order to be sucessful. taking care of the ball, making enough throws, and getting the win should make people happy but for some reason they think that Drew needs to be Manning or he sucks. I just don't understand the logic. Steve McNair, Brady, Pennington never put up massive numbers... they just win and their teams love them for it.

Drew does the same and it's "his throws were off target"....

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 03:57 PM
we are pretty damn good in every other respect but kicker.

I have trashed Lindell on many an occasion, but i am starting to second guess that. Why are we trashing the poor guy when he went 4/4 and really 5/5 with our own team whiping a 49 yarder off with a TO to run a stupid trick play that really was no different than a missed FG.

He may have had a few close call today but you don't get points for style.

Typ0
12-19-2004, 04:03 PM
i need to get some of those "anti-Beldsoe" glasses so i can see the game properly i guess.

i think the level of standard to which Drew is held now is a bit high.

The only glasses I am wearing are my own. There are a lot of glasses being worn though. I don't think the players have them on...all they can do is try and correct the weaknesses. There is a week to work on things and prepare for the 49s...I'm sure the team is happy to be where they are but they aren't thinking about the playoffs right now...at least not just getting there. They are going to try and find ways they can win when they get there and we displayed a lot of weaknesses today. Maybe Drew was so good today because they were stacking the line against the run. Someone above said 1td 0int tells the story. It does. The way we are going to be beat is to stop the run and make DB beat us through the air. Cincy is weak too.

Typ0
12-19-2004, 04:05 PM
I have trashed Lindell on many an occasion, but i am starting to second guess that. Why are we trashing the poor guy when he went 4/4 and really 5/5 with our own team whiping a 49 yarder off with a TO to run a stupid trick play that really was no different than a missed FG.

He may have had a few close call today but you don't get points for style.

Lindell played great today. It's about time.

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 04:06 PM
What the hell am i apologizing for? He played fine today. I honeslty don't know why everyone thinks that he has o throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's in order to be sucessful. taking care of the ball, making enough throws, and getting the win should make people happy but for some reason they think that Drew needs to be Manning or he sucks. I just don't understand the logic. Steve McNair, Brady, Pennington never put up massive numbers... they just win and their teams love them for it.

Drew does the same and it's "his throws were off target".... You must be somking something, don't even dare compare Drew to Manning. He's not even half the qb Manning is.

Playing average wins us games against teams we should beat. It isn't going to beat teams that we are going to face if we male playoffs.

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow! I am shocked at some of you. I hope that you're kidding. How in the hell can you complain after a win like that? The bills were spectacular. Bledsoe did what was asked of him. I have no problem with the way he played today. None. Most impressive is how our defense and special teams continue to annihilate teams with absolutely extraordinary play. All I have to say is that if by some miracle we happen to get into the playoffs, the rest of the AFC better watch out. I love our chances right now...

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 04:20 PM
You must be somking something, don't even dare compare Drew to Manning. He's not even half the qb Manning is.

Playing average wins us games against teams we should beat. It isn't going to beat teams that we are going to face if we male playoffs.

Did you even read the post???? I said Drew is NOT going to be Manning. but he doesn't have to be. so what are you smoking?

and, way to think positive... i love how everyone said..we are done after 4 losses (whihc was understandable at the time a bit) then we were done after the NE game, the Bal game, we had no chance this week because we always play abd teams, we have no shot at the playoffs still..... and now it's we'll never win in the playoffs if we do make it.

way to stay on board wiht your team! :up:

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Wow! I am shocked at some of you. I hope that you're kidding. How in the hell can you complain after a win like that? The bills were spectacular. Bledsoe did what was asked of him. I have no problem with the way he played today. None. Most impressive is how our defense and special teams continue to annihilate teams with absolutely extraordinary play. All I have to say is that if by some miracle we happen to get into the playoffs, the rest of the AFC better watch out. I love our chances right now...
this was a loaded thread set to create discussions between those who want more from Drew and those who are Drew fans. I'm just doing my part for the site :D.

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Did you even read the post???? I said Drew is NOT going to be Manning. but he doesn't have to be. so what are you smoking?

and, way to think positive... i love how everyone said..we are done after 4 losses (whihc was understandable at the time a bit) then we were done after the NE game, the Bal game, we had no chance this week because we always play abd teams, we have no shot at the playoffs still..... and now it's we'll never win in the playoffs if we do make it.

way to stay on board wiht your team! :up:
He may not have to be a Manning but he defintely has to be better than Dilfer if we play good teams :shakeno:

Don't even question my positivity. The fact that I want Drew to play better is because I am looking ahead at the teams we will face in the playoffs...Hellooooo!!!

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2004, 04:26 PM
this was a loaded thread set to create discussions between those who want more from Drew and those who are Drew fans. I'm just doing my part for the site :D.

...and my oh my how it is working.

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2004, 04:28 PM
He may not have to be a Manning but he defintely has to be better than Dilfer if we play good teams :shakeno:

Don't even question my positivity. The fact that I want Drew to play better is because I am looking ahead at the teams we will face in the playoffs...Hellooooo!!!

See I disagree Justa. Drew does not have to do anything more than what he is doing for our team right now. That is the beauty of the situation. We have a complete football team gentleman. All he has to do is avoid the negative plays and I think he is doing that. Best of all, Drew Bledsoe is having fun again. It was good to see him smiling after those two successful QB Draws.

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 04:36 PM
See I disagree Justa. Drew does not have to do anything more than what he is doing for our team right now. That is the beauty of the situation. We have a complete football team gentleman. All he has to do is avoid the negative plays and I think he is doing that. Best of all, Drew Bledsoe is having fun again. It was good to see him smiling after those two successful QB Draws.nope, against teams who are better than the bengals and borwns, we would need more than an average game. Rudi Johnon ran for over 130 yds. If Dillon ran for over 130 yds against our D I bet you Brady wouldn't screw up as bad as Kitna did. This D is good, but it's not even close to the Ravens D that won the sb.

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2004, 04:41 PM
nope, against teams who are better than the bengals and borwns, we would need more than an average game. Rudi Johnon ran for over 130 yds. If Dillon ran for over 130 yds against our D I bet you Brady wouldn't screw up as bad as Kitna did. This D is good, but it's not even close to the Ravens D that won the sb.

If I remember correctly, weren't you one of those people who were saying that they were really worried about the Bills losing today? Once I again I disgree with your assessment because I do believe that this Buffalo Bills defense is the best in the league. Enough said. We can agree to disagree my man.

justasportsfan
12-19-2004, 04:45 PM
If I remember correctly, weren't you one of those people who were saying that they were really worried about the Bills losing today? Once I again I disgree with your assessment because I do believe that this Buffalo Bills defense is the best in the league. Enough said. We can agree to disagree my man.Nope, I wasn't that worried. As long as Drew didn't screw up, I knew we would win this game.

I will rexerve my judgement for this D until we dominate some good teams.

LABillsFan
12-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Re-runs.........damn!

:rofl:

Mahdi
12-19-2004, 05:13 PM
It was great to get this win. But I just dont see us beating Pitt without decent run blocking. Willis was getting hammered today. Other than that, I think we did well to make up for it in all other phases of the game. GOOD WIN!!!

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 05:50 PM
this was a loaded thread set to create discussions between those who want more from Drew and those who are Drew fans.
Exactly. This is the very definition of a baiting thread. From a mod, too. :shakeno:

The_Philster
12-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Exactly. This is the very definition of a baiting thread. From a mod, too. :shakeno:
2 things
1. Dozer's an admin, not a mere mod
2. Nowhere is it stated that complaints about the QB are what he is looking for...you're treading too much into things

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 06:20 PM

Being on a staff doesn't mean you can't start a thread that may cause a reaction. you're allowed to say what you feel as much as anyone else.

John Doe
12-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Being on a staff doesn't mean you can't start a thread that may cause a reaction. you're allowed to say what you feel as much as anyone else.

If he would not have started it, someone else would.

dannyek71
12-19-2004, 08:10 PM
My biggest complaint is the poor form in which Jason Peters blocked that punt. I say cut him!

Bufftp
12-19-2004, 08:13 PM
My biggest complaint is the poor form in which Jason Peters blocked that punt. I say cut him!
excellent point, :up: And Drew /Bledsoe was non factor in the play too!

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 09:19 PM
excellent point, :up: And Drew /Bledsoe was non factor in the play too!
Drew must have tired him out in practice

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Pretty interesting take, considering I didn't mention a player, coach, GM, or poster.

Who am I baiting, exactly?

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Pretty interesting take, considering I didn't mention a player, coach, GM, or poster.

Who am I baiting, exactly?Don't play naive. You know full well who this thread was meant for. Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning? The "haters". Show me one thread by a non-hater that complained about a win lately. :scratch:

imbondz
12-19-2004, 09:25 PM
2 things
1. Dozer's an admin, not a mere mod
2. Nowhere is it stated that complaints about the QB are what he is looking for...you're treading too much into things
reading

The_Philster
12-19-2004, 09:27 PM
oh shut up, imbondz :tongue: :laughter:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Like this? :;

FTG
12-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Here's a key stat:

Drew had
1 TD
0 INT

Agree. I was worried he was gonna have another NE or Baltimore game. He did not turn the ball over and keep us from winning. I can't complain about him this week.

finsrclowns
12-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning?

:puke:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 09:47 PM
:puke:Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning? The "haters".

Ya may want to read entire posts before posting.

finsrclowns
12-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning? The "haters".

Ya may want to read entire posts before posting.

:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 09:54 PM
:up:

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Don't play naive. You know full well who this thread was meant for. Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning? The "haters". Show me one thread by a non-hater that complained about a win lately. :scratch:
The thread was to point out those who complain about stuff that has nothing to do with the team's success.

Lindell misses one of his last dozen & a half field goals when we score 42-
Stupid defense can't hold them on third downs here and there
QB Sucks
Moulds dropped one
GM has to go
Bills won't make the playoffs so don't bother ....bla..bla...bla

It's always something with some folks in this crowd. Winning is never eough.

helmetguy
12-19-2004, 10:11 PM
The thread was to point out those who complain about stuff that has nothing to do with the team's success.

QB Sucks
Moulds dropped one
GM has to go

I almost can't wait to read the latest from the patron saint of second guessing.

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 10:22 PM

QB Sucks
Moulds dropped one
GM has to go

So according to your own reasoning, this was an "I told you so" thread. Hence, baiting. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Anyway let's drop it. Your mission is accomplished. Haters and lovers got into it and provided you some entertainment.

LtBillsFan66
12-19-2004, 10:45 PM
So according to your own reasoning, this was an "I told you so" thread. Hence, baiting. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Anyway let's drop it. Your mission is accomplished. Haters and lovers got into it and provided you some entertainment.
The naysayers have been spewing bile for the last 4 years. And trying to make true fans feel stupid for being homers, wearing blinders, being Drew Lovers, etc.

Totally justified post.

Sooooo, who wanted to go to the Ralph wearing a bag on their head?

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Don't play naive. You know full well who this thread was meant for. Who has been complaining recently even though we've been winning? The "haters". Show me one thread by a non-hater that complained about a win lately. :scratch:

Admitting you're a "hater" is the first step to recovery! way to go! :star:

DaBills
12-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Dozer chummin' the waters again!

;-p

Let's put it in perspective, we won. So it's all good. Big ups to the D and ST for making sure we didn't depend on the O.

(Doz, you'll be happy, I don't jump on Drew until later. ;-p )

But this O is not clicking fully between pass and run. Play Pitt in two weeks orNE in the playoffs and they WILL capitalize on their opportunities. Not go 3-and-out. Our offensive playcalling needs a kick in the ass.

****ing reverse again? Lack of a run commitment? At one point, 1 run play out of two drives? There's no way we can commit to the run by doing that. How is WM supposed to get in any rhythm? We should've won 56-17 today.

Several people still watching Drew play like he did today and think the the end stats tell the whole story. The media gets fooled when they say the O scores 187 points in 5 games. Someone then better tell the D they're now on offense.

Doz, the problem is that the team has not beat better teams depending SOLELY on offensive output like this all year. Lindell had more points than Drew today btw. The difference though in games lately, is that the D has REALLY woken up, resulting in less dependence on the O to score.

If this is the best Drew can do, and the D plays at this level by scoring, and we win, so be it. I'll take it. But everyone can't expect the D to play like this week in and week out. They'll need to against Pitt though. Randel El and Plexi-glass will light up McGhee otherwise.

And DLC is in denial that Drew moved this team up and down the field at will when he didn't. And when he didn't it was the WR's fault! SF is probably the last suck-ass team we face this year that we can pull this crap and get away with it.

Drew was not on target with a lot of his passes. People can praise him all they want. Good teams will score forcing Drew to match drive for drive. He's not doing it. And this was ****ing Cinnci. (Can't wait for him to light it up against the 2-10 Niners.) Way too many 3-and-outs. Balls at WR's feet? pressured throws when he's got time? What is that crap?

You must have been watching the Chargers game if you say otherwise.

Doz, how's that for Drew-hatin'?

;-)

Dozerdog
12-19-2004, 11:40 PM
We won!

No complaints here!

BSXIII
12-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Drew shouldn't have played it safe with a 20 point lead. He should have thrown into tight coverage and taken chances. With the weather conditions today, and the way our defense was playing how could they be content with a 20 point lead??? The fact that he threw the ball away completely befuddles me. I mean nothing is open and you only have a 20 point lead, in the third quarter. Why not squeeze it into double coverage and hope for the best.

Nevermind that this team has won 7 of the last 8 games. They clearly have no clue about what it takes to win in the NFL.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Dozer chummin' the waters again!

;-p

Let's put it in perspective, we won. So it's all good. Big ups to the D and ST for making sure we didn't depend on the O.

(Doz, you'll be happy, I don't jump on Drew until later. ;-p )

But this O is not clicking fully between pass and run. Play Pitt in two weeks orNE in the playoffs and they WILL capitalize on their opportunities. Not go 3-and-out. Our offensive playcalling needs a kick in the ass.

****ing reverse again? Lack of a run commitment? At one point, 1 run play out of two drives? There's no way we can commit to the run by doing that. How is WM supposed to get in any rhythm? We should've won 56-17 today.

Several people still watching Drew play like he did today and think the the end stats tell the whole story. The media gets fooled when they say the O scores 187 points in 5 games. Someone then better tell the D they're now on offense.

Doz, the problem is that the team has not beat better teams depending SOLELY on offensive output like this all year. Lindell had more points than Drew today btw. The difference though in games lately, is that the D has REALLY woken up, resulting in less dependence on the O to score.

If this is the best Drew can do, and the D plays at this level by scoring, and we win, so be it. I'll take it. But everyone can't expect the D to play like this week in and week out. They'll need to against Pitt though. Randel El and Plexi-glass will light up McGhee otherwise.

And DLC is in denial that Drew moved this team up and down the field at will when he didn't. And when he didn't it was the WR's fault! SF is probably the last suck-ass team we face this year that we can pull this crap and get away with it.

Drew was not on target with a lot of his passes. People can praise him all they want. Good teams will score forcing Drew to match drive for drive. He's not doing it. And this was ****ing Cinnci. (Can't wait for him to light it up against the 2-10 Niners.) Way too many 3-and-outs. Balls at WR's feet? pressured throws when he's got time? What is that crap?

You must have been watching the Chargers game if you say otherwise.

Doz, how's that for Drew-hatin'?

;-):10:

Well said DaBills. Well said. :bf1:

I guess all the Drewlickers and Drewhaters can let it all hang out now since even admins of the Zone are getting into the act. So be it. I tried every other option available, e.g., stats, logic, reality checks, etc. Nothing sank in. Bottom line is that Drew is barely average, expensive and on the tail end of his career. We are where we are because of the D, ST and WM. The only positive Drew has done is NOT lose the last few games against losing teams. Glad we are paying over $6M for that ability. :shakeno:

This team will not take the next step until he is gone.

BSXIII
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
:10:

Well said DaBills. Well said. :bf1:

I guess all the Drewlickers and Drewhaters can let it all hang out now since even admins of the Zone are getting into the act. So be it. I tried every other option available, e.g., stats, logic, reality checks, etc. Nothing sank in. Bottom line is that Drew is barely average, expensive and on the tail end of his career. We are where we are because of the D, ST and WM. The only positive Drew has done is NOT lose the last few games against losing teams. Glad we are paying over $6M for that ability. :shakeno:

This team will not take the next step until he is gone.

The bottom line is Drew came through when he had to today. The Bengals drove down the field and took an early 7-0 lead. The offense came back out and got a TD to tie it back up. That drive took the wind out of the Bengals, and IMO led to some of their turnovers. They had the momentum, but after seeing the Bills could score on them with ease turned it up a notch, that was the begining of the end. The next time the offense took the field it was 21-7. There is no need to force anything at that point. From there the offense played it safe. They did what they needed to do to get a win. Nothing fancy, just went for the win.....and it worked!!!

The_Philster
12-20-2004, 04:53 AM
And DLC is in denial that Drew moved this team up and down the field at will when he didn't. :huh: Well, since the DLC is a figment of some peoples' imagination, maybe you're seeing invisible posts since no one said Bledsoe had an awesome game...he did enough to help win the game and that's all the reasonable Bills fans expect.

Historian
12-20-2004, 05:27 AM
My only gripe is losing the damn Jacksonville game with no time on the clock.

I had a feeling that was eventually going to bite us when happened.

shelby
12-20-2004, 05:47 AM
I almost can't wait to read the latest from the patron saint of second guessing.
:spit:

We :curse:ing won. And i loved watching Drew scramble...who knew the statue had it in him?
:gobills:

helmetguy
12-20-2004, 05:52 AM
I agree with you, Shelby. Just two years ago, the women on this board woulda donated a bra to Moobs Williams if it meant the D coulda kept points off the board, let alone score a few.

shelby
12-20-2004, 05:56 AM
My bra would have been far too small for Gregg Williams.:cynic:
:biggrin:

helmetguy
12-20-2004, 05:58 AM
My bra would have been far too small for Gregg Williams.:cynic:
:biggrin:
You said that, I didn't! What are you doing up so early?

shelby
12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
i always get up early.:coffee:

Typ0
12-20-2004, 06:20 AM
The naysayers have been spewing bile for the last 4 years. And trying to make true fans feel stupid for being homers, wearing blinders, being Drew Lovers, etc.

Totally justified post.

Sooooo, who wanted to go to the Ralph wearing a bag on their head?

Some of us get sick of having our loyalties and commitments being attacked by people who say they are the only "true fans" because they can sit through a bunch of crappy seasons and act like nothing is wrong with the team. Just because some of us are critical of the teams weaknesses does not give someone the right to say we aren't "true fans". If you want to sit in your box and act like the team is awesome when we can't even win 4 games in a season, that's your perogative but don't attack other people because they look at things a bit different than you.

Hail to glory we beat another struggling club last week...Drew Bledsoe is better than Montana now and it really showed against the Bengals bone crushing pass defense! Our rushing attack is the best the league has ever seen. That 1.4 ypc average is going to carry us right to the superbowl! That 1-5 start really helped to position us well for our run to the playoffs! You're right...this team is perfect at everything they do...please induct me into the true fan club now.

John Doe
12-20-2004, 06:20 AM
The bottom line is Drew came through when he had to today. The Bengals drove down the field and took an early 7-0 lead. The offense came back out and got a TD to tie it back up. That drive took the wind out of the Bengals, and IMO led to some of their turnovers. They had the momentum, but after seeing the Bills could score on them with ease turned it up a notch, that was the begining of the end. The next time the offense took the field it was 21-7. There is no need to force anything at that point. From there the offense played it safe. They did what they needed to do to get a win. Nothing fancy, just went for the win.....and it worked!!!

Perfectly stated.

Typ0
12-20-2004, 06:25 AM

yeah very well stated...Cincy had some very small sails yesterday compared to the size of their boat. Good to know we are that good we can trounce on a team like that.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Some of us get sick of having our loyalties and commitments being attacked by people who say they are the only "true fans" because they can sit through a bunch of crappy seasons and act like nothing is wrong with the team. Just because some of us are critical of the teams weaknesses does not give someone the right to say we aren't "true fans". If you want to sit in your box and act like the team is awesome when we can't even win 4 games in a season, that's your perogative but don't attack other people because they look at things a bit different than you.

Hail to glory we beat another struggling club last week...Drew Bledsoe is better than Montana now and it really showed against the Bengals bone crushing pass defense! Our rushing attack is the best the league has ever seen. That 1.4 ypc average is going to carry us right to the superbowl! That 1-5 start really helped to position us well for our run to the playoffs! You're right...this team is perfect at everything they do...please induct me into the true fan club now.

NO! Face it typo, you are a basher for wanting our qb to be better than he is even though it would make our beloved bills a better ball club especially when facing stronger teams. Just deal w/ the win and don't even bother thinking of what can and should be done to make this team better.

You should be satisfied w/ a winning season. Don't worry, we can beat teams in the playoffs w/ the way Drew played yesterday and against the browns.

Bufftp
12-20-2004, 06:37 AM
It is so easy with football to see things as "units" and not as a whole team. But football is a team port, and the win streak especially yesterdays win really shows how much of team sport it is! Go Bills! :up:

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2004, 06:45 AM
Three things really frosted my ass:

1. Stupid challenge of 12 men on the field for that punt early in the game. Even if it were true, MM should have known that with the crappy crew they had doing the game, no way they would have that on replay.

2. Not one, but 2 QB draws? :huh:

3. Horrendous fake FG at the end. :eek:

Thanks dozer for giving me the chance to vent over this very upsetting victory.

mybills
12-20-2004, 06:55 AM
:gag:

DaBills
12-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Time out. I have two left btw.

"Well, since the DLC is a figment of some peoples' imagination, maybe you're seeing invisible posts since no one said Bledsoe had an awesome game...he did enough to help win the game and that's all the reasonable Bills fans expect."

That's not my point. It always seems to be extremes, and that's not where I'm coming from. I didn't say people were saying he had an excellent game. He played within himself, but drives stalled a lot.

But a lot were saying he was good, and implying that we are on track because we're winning. Yes, we're 'winning,' but It's not because of the O in many games. The problem I have, as do some other people that aren't Drew fans, is that he has played the same way all year. It's just that now the whole team is playing well.

When he does play this way against really good teams, we lose. Against a Cinnci, a Cleveland, we win. Now the arguement could be made that the D and ST have really stepped and are now controlling games so that Drew doesn't have to put up 3 TD's a week. I already did ealrier. Fine. We play Pitt in two weeks and that should be a great test.

But when he only puts up 7 and the D and FG kicker outscore him, then better teams in the playoffs will have to collapse for that formula to continue.

"Drew shouldn't have played it safe with a 20 point lead. He should have thrown into tight coverage and taken chances. With the weather conditions today, and the way our defense was playing how could they be content with a 20 point lead??? The fact that he threw the ball away completely befuddles me. I mean nothing is open and you only have a 20 point lead, in the third quarter. Why not squeeze it into double coverage and hope for the best.

Nevermind that this team has won 7 of the last 8 games. They clearly have no clue about what it takes to win in the NFL."

This is exactly the statement I mean. Actually, he did all those things early in the game—not late with a 20-point lead. He did throw into double coverage early, when it counts most and you're trying to establish a rythm. No one was more relieved than Drew when the D put us ahead with those turnovers.

Since you're asking about his throws, sure Drew, why not throw a fade 10 yards over the WR's head? Why not throw a screen really hard at your TE's feet. Why try and keep a drive alive? Why do all these things BEFORE you have a big lead? Or repeatedly forcing throws in the red zone.

This guy can't help himself and play at a Dilfer level—there's a voice in his helmut or his head, that's telling him to throw in the redzone most of the time. Why would you take all your shots at the endzone and not run at least one of the downs? What, to prove you're still a bigtime NFL QB? You don't have to Drew, the D will bail you out.

I'll say this though, no one puts their FG kicker in a position to score better than Drew. First drive of the game, what? 3-and-out. Second drive of the game, what? 3-and-fumble. Think Brady wouldn't be up 14-0 if we gave him those chances?

And I said the team as a whole played well. D and ST have been far more consistent than the O. I also wouldn't expect Drew, or any QB to force throws with a significant lead. He should resort to a running game. We didn't do that nearly enough though.

And there's a danger of playing not to lose too. That's how teams get back in games. I have a lot of faith in the D and the running game when we go to it. Enjoy the playoffs folks. I will.

;-p

shelby
12-20-2004, 08:09 AM
And I said the team as a whole played well. D and ST have been far more consistent than the O. I also wouldn't expect Drew, or any QB to force throws with a significant lead. He should resort to a running game. We didn't do that nearly enough though.

And there's a danger of playing not to lose too. That's how teams get back in games. I have a lot of faith in the D and the running game when we go to it. Enjoy the playoffs folks. I will.

i need a nap after reading that long post...but i do agree with the last two paragraphs.:up:
:gobills:

DaBills
12-20-2004, 08:18 AM
"Originally Posted by shelby
My bra would have been far too small for Gregg Williams."

Thanks for ruining the fantasy. :-(

C'mon, Everyone posts 44 posts each in this thread, I save up for two and I'm labeled. Weeping, weeping.

Ok, my X-mas pledge: No more posts over 10 words. (Smilies not included.)

;-P

shelby
12-20-2004, 08:23 AM
:rofl: i enjoyed the post. i really did. And i agree with much of what you said.
i just have a short attention span.
:D

LtBillsFan66
12-20-2004, 09:27 AM
:bf1:

Philagape
12-20-2004, 09:49 AM
It's time for Football 101.

Lesson #1: The winner of a football game is the team that scores more points than the other team. This is the ONLY way the winner of a football game is determined.

Lesson #2: Points scored by the defense and the special teams count just as much on the scoreboard as points scored by the offense.

Lesson #3: These rules apply in the playoffs just as they do in the regular season.

OK, now let's apply the lessons we've just learned.

1. I don't care about statistics. I don't care about WM's rushing average, about Drew's completion percentage, about average drive start. The ONLY statistic that counts is points on the scoreboard, and we've been pretty darn good at that one lately.

2. It doesn't matter which unit scores the points; they count all the same. People complain when the offense doesn't score a certain percentage of the team's points, as if points scored by the D and ST are less legitimate. Some people may say the Bills have been lucky that their D and ST have been so good, but D and ST are just as much of what makes a TEAM good as the offense. Some people will knock the offense because the defense gives them good field position, but that's what the defense is supposed to do. That's how a TEAM is supposed to work. The cliche "defense wins championships" is a cliche because it's true.

3. Some people say we won't win in the playoffs unless our offense does better; why not? If defense and special teams lead us to victory in the regular season, why not the postseason? I was at the AFC Championship game against the Broncos, when the only TD we scored was an interception return. Guess what! We won anyway!

I'd also like to add that as long as we're winning, I don't care what anybody's salary is.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Lesson #1: The winner of a football game is the team that scores more points than the other team. This is the ONLY way the winner of a football game is determined.

Lesson #2: Points scored by the defense and the special teams count just as much on the scoreboard as points scored by the offense.

Lesson #3: These rules apply in the playoffs just as they do in the regular season.

2. It doesn't matter which unit scores the points; they count all the same. People complain when the offense doesn't score a certain percentage of the team's points, as if points scored by the D and ST are less legitimate. Some people may say the Bills have been lucky that their D and ST have been so good, but D and ST are just as much of what makes a TEAM good as the offense. Some people will knock the offense because the defense gives them good field position, but that's what the defense is supposed to do. That's how a TEAM is supposed to work. The cliche "defense wins championships" is a cliche because it's true.

3. Some people say we won't win in the playoffs unless our offense does better; why not? If defense and special teams lead us to victory in the regular season, why not the postseason? I was at the AFC Championship game against the Broncos, when the only TD we scored was an interception return.

D doesn't score every week. O needs to score more.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:04 AM

OK, now let's apply the lessons we've just learned.

1. I don't care about statistics. I don't care about WM's rushing average, about Drew's completion percentage, about average drive start. The ONLY statistic that counts is points on the scoreboard, and we've been pretty darn good at that one lately.

3. Some people say we won't win in the playoffs unless our offense does better; why not? If defense and special teams lead us to victory in the regular season, why not the postseason? I was at the AFC Championship game against the Broncos, when the only TD we scored was an interception return. Guess what! We won anyway!

I'd also like to add that as long as we're winning, I don't care what anybody's salary is.that works when we play weak teams.

No one is complaining about the win. However, there are CONCERNS. There is a difference.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
that works when we play weak teams.

No one is complaining about the win. However, there are CONCERNS. There is a difference.

Defense and special teams work in the playoffs, too, hence the phrase Defense Wins Championships. In the playoffs, 100% of the oppponents are playoff-caliber teams.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Defense and special teams work in the playoffs, too, hence the phrase Defense Wins Championships. In the playoffs, 100% of the oppponents are playoff-caliber teams.
I agree, we score more points we win. So how many points did our D score against good teams? Was the D enough to get us a win when our O wasn't doing their part against better teams?

Sure, our D and st has gotten better since the Pats game. Until we beat playoff caliber teams, I can say we can't win against them w/ the way our O played yesterday.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:14 AM

True. So we will see how Drew handles them.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:16 AM

Agreed 100%. The Dude abides.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:21 AM
True. So we will see how Drew handles them.

OK, it's Drew Bledsoe vs. the world. All other Bills players off the field, please. Takeo, take a seat. McGee, don't return that kick. Willis, you're done. The Bills will have 52 healthy scratches in the playoffs, as only Drew Bledsoe will suit up.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I agree, we score more points we win. So how many points did our D score against good teams? Was the D enough to get us a win when our O wasn't doing their part against better teams?

Sure, our D and st has gotten better since the Pats game. Until we beat playoff caliber teams, I can say we can't win against them w/ the way our O played yesterday.

I think that our TEAM -- offense, defense and special teams -- is capable of beating anyone right now. Teams have gone to and won Super Bowls when they were carried by their defense. I'm not predicting that, but I'm not ruling it out either.

Yeah, we've had an easy schedule, but we've been destroying the weaker teams, not just beating them.

I predicted 9-7 for the season, and I don't think any other predictions were much better. Nobody's saying we're going to go all the way. I'm just tired of all the negativity during a 5-game winning streak. And I'm tired of a win being treated as illegitimate because the D and ST helped win it.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:34 AM
OK, it's Drew Bledsoe vs. the world. All other Bills players off the field, please. Takeo, take a seat. McGee, don't return that kick. Willis, you're done. The Bills will have 52 healthy scratches in the playoffs, as only Drew Bledsoe will suit up.

Nope. Just Drew's history vs. playoff teams can't be discounted.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

cordog
12-20-2004, 10:36 AM

Weren't we just talking about how tough Cincy has been as of late? So all of a sudden they turn into a weak team after the bills beat them? This is a team that put up 28 on the road against the Pats, gave the squeelers a run for their money and WAS in the playoff push until the bills beat them.

Cincy's D has played tough at home all season(minus the Brownies game). Just cuz the O didnt put up 35 against them doesnt make it a horrible effort. No offense in the NFL has played "great" every game. Hell ill take 15-30 close to 200 yds and a TD in a road game with the weather in the teens.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:36 AM
I think that our TEAM -- offense, defense and special teams -- is capable of beating anyone right now. Teams have gone to and won Super Bowls when they were carried by their defense. I'm not predicting that, but I'm not ruling it out either. .You assume too much Phil. While I'd rather deal w/ what are facts. We couldn't beat the playoffs teams this year w/ better nos. (offensively) than what we had yesterday .

Yeah, we've had an easy schedule, but we've been destroying the weaker teams, not just beating them.

I predicted 9-7 for the season, and I don't think any other predictions were much better. Nobody's saying we're going to go all the way. I'm just tired of all the negativity during a 5-game winning streak. You see it as negativity. I see it as positivity since I am thinking ahead that we make make playoffs and the teams we would have to face then.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Nope. Just Drew's history vs. playoff teams can't be discounted.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It can when there are 52 other players on the team. That fact sort of helped in the last playoff game he played in.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Weren't we just talking about how tough Cincy has been as of late? So all of a sudden they turn into a weak team after the bills beat them? This is a team that put up 28 on the road against the Pats, gave the squeelers a run for their money and WAS in the playoff push until the bills beat them.

Cincy's D has played tough at home all season(minus the Brownies game). Just cuz the O didnt put up 35 against them doesnt make it a horrible effort. No offense in the NFL has played "great" every game. Hell ill take 15-30 close to 200 yds and a TD in a road game with the weather in the teens.they were good offensivley up until yesterday but sucked defensively. Our D and ST stepped up . We need to click on all cylinders if we are to beat Pitts. and if we make playoffs.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:40 AM
While I'd rather deal w/ what are facts.

We couldn't beat the playoffs teams this year w/ better nos. (offensively) than what we had yesterday .

That's an opinion, not a fact. It may turn out to be true, but I'm not going to judge something before it happens.

cordog
12-20-2004, 10:41 AM
You assume too much Phil. While I'd rather deal w/ what are facts. We couldn't beat the playoffs teams this year w/ better nos. (offensively) than what we had yesterday .

Every game is a different match up. Hell the NY Football Giants game the Squeelers a run for their money. Does that diminish Pitts chances of a SB.
NO.

I hate when people try to compare what a team does against this team means that they cant play well against this team. its different matchups every week.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
No offense in the NFL has played "great" every game. Hell ill take 15-30 close to 200 yds and a TD in a road game with the weather in the teens.

Agreed. Unless opponents score more than one our '1' TD.

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

cordog
12-20-2004, 10:44 AM
they were good offensivley up until yesterday but sucked defensively. Our D and ST stepped up . We need to click on all cylinders if we are to beat Pitts. and if we make playoffs.

Pitt didnt look to have all cylinders clicking on saturday so we should be able to kill them.

thats the same logic your using.

cordog
12-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Agreed. Unless opponents score more than one our '1' TD.

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

but they didnt right? BTW i believe we scored 3 yesterday.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:49 AM
but they didnt right? BTW i believe we scored 3 yesterday.

I'm talking offense. Forget D and ST, and Drew rocked.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:50 AM
That's an opinion, not a fact. It may turn out to be true, but I'm not going to judge something before it happens.

We lost to...

Jags , Balt, NE Twice, Raiders( they're not even good) and Jets. These are facts Phil. Although, i don't blame our passing game for all those losses, it should be a concern that back then we couldn't beat them w/ better nos. Although our D and ST has gotten better, our passing game ihas not and it's obvious against weaker teams.

All I'm saying we need to get better. If I am wrong then maybe Drew and our O shouldn't even bother practicing this week.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Which is fine. Drew=average: we win. Nothing more.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Drew is only an average offensive component, nothing more.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cordog
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm talking offense. Forget D and ST, and Drew rocked.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

and we won right? And ST and D tds count for 6 also dont they? Hell if ST and D TDs dont count, you better get rid of Baltimore and take the SB away from TB. Drew didnt rock, but ill take 15-30 200 yds and a TD with NO T.Os in any cold weather road game.

Did you see Favre yesterday? If drew played like that yesterday, people would be going crazy over here.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Pitt didnt look to have all cylinders clicking on saturday so we should be able to kill them.

thats the same logic your using.even when they aren't clicking on all cylinders they are still better than the bills. Do you disagree?

They also had better nos. than what we had against a D that was better than the bengals and Browns.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:55 AM
We lost to...

Jags , Balt, NE Twice, Raiders( they're not even good) and Jets. These are facts Phil. Although, i don't blame our passing game for all those losses, it should be a concern that back then we couldn't beat them w/ better nos. Although our D and ST has gotten better, our passing game ihas not and it's obvious against weaker teams.

All I'm saying we need to get better. If I am wrong then maybe Drew and our O shouldn't even bother practicing this week.

Sorry, I thought what you meant was we won't beat playoff teams if we make the playoffs.
I think the emergence of Evans has made our passing game better than earlier this season. And the losses against Jax and Oak turned on one play (the home NE game, too, potentially). We also beat the Jets.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:56 AM
and we won right? And ST and D tds count for 6 also dont they? Hell if ST and D TDs dont count, you better get rid of Baltimore and take the SB away from TB. Drew didnt rock, but ill take 15-30 200 yds and a TD with NO T.Os in any cold weather road game.

Did you see Favre yesterday? If drew played like that yesterday, people would be going crazy over here.

Lol. Favre has a winning history, he's allowed some slack.

:blush: :scared: :dance: :winkpunch :tip: :peace: :funny: :shocked:

Philagape
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've never said otherwise, and my original post in this thread was not about him, nor did it even mention his name. Teams have won SBs with average QBs.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 10:59 AM

Did you see Favre yesterday? If drew played like that yesterday, people would be going crazy over here. Make no mistake. Even when Farve screws up , he's still considered one of the best in the NFL even at that age. I can only wish Drew had that respect.

cordog
12-20-2004, 11:00 AM
even when they aren't clicking on all cylinders they are still better than the bills. Do you disagree?

They also had better nos. than what we had against a D that was better than the bengals and Browns.

What about their numbers against the bungles? See your trying to use the stats to compare how the bills will do against them, but its a differnt matchup with different players, and different coaches. Its not the same.

Yes btw, they are better than the bills.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
I've never said otherwise, and my original post in this thread was not about him, nor did it even mention his name. Teams have won SBs with average QBs.

Agreed. Point is he won't play the average 'Dilfer' role.

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 11:03 AM
What about their numbers against the bungles? See your trying to use the stats to compare how the bills will do against them, but its a differnt matchup with different players, and different coaches. Its not the same.

Yes btw, they are better than the bills. I agree but you fail to see that the teams we have beaten lately aren't even playoff teams and yet our nos. are below average.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Drew can't resist big plays. That costs us drives.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Live by the big play, die by it. Risky.

cordog
12-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I agree but you fail to see that the teams we have beaten lately aren't even playoff teams and yet our nos. are below average.

Cinncy was in the hunt until THE BILLS knocked them out right?

Miami has a tough D and the Bills scored a bunch on them.

My point is you dont know what will happen week to week, as far as how many points the bills will put up and how many this team will put up against the bills. And if there is someone that can predict that i want them to help me bet the over/under. Salisbury was talking about beating weak teams and that the other day, and he said its a bunch of crap, these are all NFL teams

Philagape
12-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Drew can't resist big plays. That costs us drives.

This is a characteristic of irrational Drew hatred: It turns conversations that were not about Drew into comments about Drew.

The Bills have a great defense and special teams.
Response: Drew sucks.

How's the weather today?

A columnist recently advocated admitting Ukraine into NATO.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2004, 11:16 AM
We lost to...

What is your point exactly? The reason our passing stats aren't as good is because of the success of the running game and the special teams. Don't you get it? This team is not built to win with passing, it's built around a solid D, with a great running game. I'm so sick of everyone compalining about the passing game. Remember 2 years ago when we passed for over 4000 yards? Where did that get us? Remember last season when we tried to pass all the time?
All off season everyone wanted a "smashmouth" football team. Now that we finally have that, everyone is *****ing about Drew's poor stats. The bottom line is, he's not going to be setting the world on fire with his passing stats when we are starting at the 50 or better half the time we get the ball. How many times did we start with the ball in Cincy territory? What do you want Drew to do, take a 30 yard sack so he can have better passing yardage to appease the nay-sayers? Ludacris. Like someone said before, stats are for people who don't know what they are watching. Give Drew a friggen break.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:18 AM
This is a characteristic of irrational Drew hatred: It turns conversations that were not about Drew into comments about Drew.

How's the weather today?

Actually, relevant. His big play mindset costs us sustainable drives.

Philagape
12-20-2004, 11:19 AM

Point is he won't play the average 'Dilfer' role.

In less than one page, Drew goes from being average to below average. Wow.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:21 AM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Philagape

How's the weather today?

Response: Drew sucks."

Thread was Drew bait. And the NATO remark was unnecessary.

:funny: :peace: :peace: :peace:

Philagape
12-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Actually, relevant. His big play mindset costs us sustainable drives.

You mean we're not scoring touchdowns on every single drive, like other NFL teams do? Damn him!!

Philagape
12-20-2004, 11:24 AM
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Philagape

How's the weather today?

Response: Drew sucks."

Thread was Drew bait. And the NATO remark was unnecessary.

:funny: :peace: :peace: :peace:

I didn't start the thread, so I don't know its motives. Most complaints about yesterday's game seem to be about the running game. My initial comments were about the D and ST. To Drew haters, EVERYTHING is about Drew.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
You mean we're not scoring touchdowns on every single drive, like other NFL teams do? Damn him!!

Never said that. But 3-and-outs too frequent, agree?

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:26 AM
In less than one page, Drew goes from being average to below average. Wow.

Actually, I think it took him one season.

:funny:

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:30 AM
3rd down conversions most affect offensive scoring opportunities.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Point: Drew's play causes more 3-and-outs, affecting points.

justasportsfan
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
What is your point exactly? The reason our passing stats aren't as good is because of the success of the running game and the special teams. Don't you get it? This team is not built to win with passing, it's built around a solid D, with a great running game. I'm so sick of everyone compalining about the passing game. Remember 2 years ago when we passed for over 4000 yards? Where did that get us? Remember last season when we tried to pass all the time?
All off season everyone wanted a "smashmouth" football team. Now that we finally have that, everyone is *****ing about Drew's poor stats. The bottom line is, he's not going to be setting the world on fire with his passing stats when we are starting at the 50 or better half the time we get the ball. How many times did we start with the ball in Cincy territory? What do you want Drew to do, take a 30 yard sack so he can have better passing yardage to appease the nay-sayers? Ludacris. Like someone said before, stats are for people who don't know what they are watching. Give Drew a friggen break. You might actually want to comprehend what you are reading. I said, it's a concern.

We need to get better offensively. Do you agree or disagree. If you are also tired of reading peoples concerns , then stop reading them or put us on ignore or find a website that only talks about what is good about the team. :rolleyes:

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:35 AM
And if we sustain drives, our D can rest.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Damn, 10 words or less sucks.

:winkpunch :winkpunch :winkpunch

TedMock
12-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't have a lot of bad things to say. Drew struggled early, but put that aside and played efficiently for the rest of the game. Moulds gave up on a very catchable ball in the endzone early, but came back and made some key first down catches. The defense gave up a lot on the ground, but came up with the huge plays when necessary. 19 points on offense, 7 on defense, and 7 on special teams. Almost perfect in that sense. I'm a firm believer that if your offense can muster 20 or more, and your defense and/or special teams can come up with 7, you're in great shape (27 points should win most games). We just missed the 20 offensive-point mark, so my only real disappointment is one of those FG's not being a TD. That would've been 23 on offense, so then it would've been a perfect scoring team. However, considering the facts that Willis went down and Henry was out, I won't complain. Plus, late in the game, when we needed to burn time, we came up with a 5:33, 50+, and a 6:24, 50+, which both resulted in FG's. The two drives we had which were under 1 minute resulted in 10 points, so that's fine. How about Lee Evans? This kid is something else.

Voltron
12-20-2004, 02:00 PM
I am by no means a Drew fan and I have been happy with his play. He has more TDs than INTs, he has been managing games fine and even RUNNING the ball!

I was a fan of Mark Weiler until this year. He is just out of control with his F grades for Drew even when he doesn't throw ints or fumble the ball. How can you give an failing grade to a QB who threw a TD and no INT's?????!!!!

I may not be a huge fan of Drew but his smart play is brining me over to his side again.

People that ***** about "overthrown or under thrown passes" need to remember that the wind was blowing any where from 20 to 30 MPH on the field yesterday and it was also extremely cold. Ever try to throw a football in sub zero temps? Kind of tough to hold on to.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM

Well said.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 08:04 PM
NO! Face it typo, you are a basher for wanting our qb to be better than he is even though it would make our beloved bills a better ball club especially when facing stronger teams. Just deal w/ the win and don't even bother thinking of what can and should be done to make this team better.

You should be satisfied w/ a winning season. Don't worry, we can beat teams in the playoffs w/ the way Drew played yesterday and against the browns.
:rofl:

Another gem. Good work. :D

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Time out. I have two left btw.

"Well, since the DLC is a figment of some peoples' imagination, maybe you're seeing invisible posts since no one said Bledsoe had an awesome game...he did enough to help win the game and that's all the reasonable Bills fans expect."

That's not my point. It always seems to be extremes, and that's not where I'm coming from. I didn't say people were saying he had an excellent game. He played within himself, but drives stalled a lot.

But a lot were saying he was good, and implying that we are on track because we're winning. Yes, we're 'winning,' but It's not because of the O in many games. The problem I have, as do some other people that aren't Drew fans, is that he has played the same way all year. It's just that now the whole team is playing well.

When he does play this way against really good teams, we lose. Against a Cinnci, a Cleveland, we win. Now the arguement could be made that the D and ST have really stepped and are now controlling games so that Drew doesn't have to put up 3 TD's a week. I already did ealrier. Fine. We play Pitt in two weeks and that should be a great test.

But when he only puts up 7 and the D and FG kicker outscore him, then better teams in the playoffs will have to collapse for that formula to continue.

"Drew shouldn't have played it safe with a 20 point lead. He should have thrown into tight coverage and taken chances. With the weather conditions today, and the way our defense was playing how could they be content with a 20 point lead??? The fact that he threw the ball away completely befuddles me. I mean nothing is open and you only have a 20 point lead, in the third quarter. Why not squeeze it into double coverage and hope for the best.

Nevermind that this team has won 7 of the last 8 games. They clearly have no clue about what it takes to win in the NFL."

This is exactly the statement I mean. Actually, he did all those things early in the game—not late with a 20-point lead. He did throw into double coverage early, when it counts most and you're trying to establish a rythm. No one was more relieved than Drew when the D put us ahead with those turnovers.

Since you're asking about his throws, sure Drew, why not throw a fade 10 yards over the WR's head? Why not throw a screen really hard at your TE's feet. Why try and keep a drive alive? Why do all these things BEFORE you have a big lead? Or repeatedly forcing throws in the red zone.

This guy can't help himself and play at a Dilfer level—there's a voice in his helmut or his head, that's telling him to throw in the redzone most of the time. Why would you take all your shots at the endzone and not run at least one of the downs? What, to prove you're still a bigtime NFL QB? You don't have to Drew, the D will bail you out.

I'll say this though, no one puts their FG kicker in a position to score better than Drew. First drive of the game, what? 3-and-out. Second drive of the game, what? 3-and-fumble. Think Brady wouldn't be up 14-0 if we gave him those chances?

;-p
You're on a roll man.

And I love this part:

The problem I have, as do some other people that aren't Drew fans, is that he has played the same way all year. It's just that now the whole team is playing well.

Thats the key. We like how the TEAM is playing and are happy we are winning. What the Drewlickers can't get through their heads is that we just see Drew as the weakest link that needs to go before we can take the next step.

The_Philster
12-20-2004, 08:10 PM
:bf1: Congrats...3 stupid posts in a row quoted

DaBills
12-20-2004, 09:06 PM
:bf1: Congrats...3 stupid posts in a row quoted

Make that four.

:shocked:

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Make that four.

:shocked:

Like I said, you're on a roll.

NapalmDeath
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Point: Drew's play causes more 3-and-outs, affecting points.

Drew had a solid game. Threw a TD, no INTS, And sacked only once. And on his sack, he avoided the guy that Jonas Jennings let through, but didn't escape the guy that Mike Williams let through. So on that play both tackles basically whiffed on their guy.

Funny, 99% of the haters thought Drew was gonna blow the game and/or the the Bills would lose. Since neither happened, now its to many 3 and outs, only one offensive TD, (Take away the 14 points from ST and D, the final score was still 19 - 14, and should have been 23 -14 if not for the fake fg fiasco), hes overpaid, if the Bills make the playoffs they will lose with Drew at the helm, etc. etc.

The Bills are starting to win on the road.You can say its against lesser teams, but before the game, how many of you said that Cinci was NOT a lesser team??

DaBills
12-20-2004, 09:59 PM
"Funny, 99% of the haters thought Drew was gonna blow the game and/or the the Bills would lose. "

1% here. I never expect a Bills loss.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
now its to many 3 and outs, only one offensive TD,

It's always been 'too many' with Drew, not just now.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
The Bills are starting to win on the road.You can say its against lesser teams, but before the game, how many of you said that Cinci was NOT a lesser team??
The posts said "losing teams", not lesser teams. Cincy's record before the Bills game: 6-7. Hence, a losing team.

DaBills
12-20-2004, 10:10 PM
if the Bills make the playoffs they will lose with Drew at the helm, etc. etc.

If we can't beat NE or INDY now, then how...?

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 10:21 PM
If we can't beat NE or INDY now, then how...?Don't confuse them with logic. They'll just end up posting more "hater" threads out of frustration.

Tatonka
12-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Here's a key stat:

Drew had
1 TD
0 INT

not to knitpick.. but if you are going to throw out a stat like tha.. dont forget drews fumble.

he played pretty good today, which has been consistent with how he has played for most of the win streak.

good work drew.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
not to knitpick.. but if you are going to throw out a stat like tha.. dont forget drews fumble.
Great catch. :up:

That's not a nitpick. The lickers are the first to jump at the chance to say haters use selective stats to help their cause, so this is quid pro quo.

NapalmDeath
12-20-2004, 11:17 PM

Looks like NE couldn't beat Miami. That's why they play the game

The_Philster
12-21-2004, 04:49 AM
Believe it or not, the QB isn't the only one playing the game or maybe it was his fault Nate didn't knock down that pass against the Jags

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 06:48 AM
Believe it or not, the QB isn't the only one playing the game or maybe it was his fault Nate didn't knock down that pass against the Jags
I agree. When we win, it's always "Drew didn't do anything to lose it for us," but when we lose, it's almost always his fault. Does anyone remember the wins, including Miami and St. Louis, where Drew was a major factor, or the losses when the D couldn't make a key late stop or stupid penalties or bad O line play killed potential game winning drives?

A number of people have simply lost their objectivity concerning our QB.

justasportsfan
12-21-2004, 08:02 AM
:bf1: Congrats...3 stupid posts in a row quotedIf wanting Drew to play better is being stupid than so be it. I question your loyalty if that's the case. :bikerbabe

Typ0
12-21-2004, 09:05 AM

Why then, in a game where the JAGS were completely flat until the last four minutes...did we only have a four point lead? You go ahead and put that loss on the D because JAX scored on the only drive of the game they actually moved the ball. I think the offense had just as much to do with the loss because they failed to score enough...which is typical of this team.

It was great watching a team last week who's defense sucked and we couldn't get in the end zone. You guys are so funny...it's so obvious our offense is not playing up to par to have a five game win streak even against crappy teams without very exceptional play from the special teams and defense. The only bashers here are the ones jumping on others cases for exhibiting any form or critique. Right now, the 49rs are looking at us as a great chance for a win because it's blatantly obvious how to shut our offense down. This week, the game will be in DB hands. He'll either have a good game and we win...or he'll struggle and we'll lose. If the latter happens...I hope all those who are attacking anyone pointing out weaknesses on this team falls into a sewar. We're playing yet another crappy team this week...and their focus is going to be on not turning the ball over and making DB throw the ball. I know I'm really comfortable to know that drews greatest strength is our biggest weakness.

The one thing that will make me happy in this game...is to see our short passing game get it's act together. This is the area our offense is getting slaughtered...I have no idea why in the last four weeks it hasn't been corrected in practice. The only thing I can come up with is DB just isn't capable of taking a one, two or three step drop and getting the ball out there where it can be caught and the receiver in a good position to run with it. To see this part of our game function well, then I will be happy with DB and the offense...in fact then I will believe we can beat any team in the league and get wins against good teams consistently. The coaches know this too and they have been calling the plays...why then aren't we executing them?

Typ0
12-21-2004, 09:10 AM
I agree. When we win, it's always "Drew didn't do anything to lose it for us," but when we lose, it's almost always his fault. Does anyone remember the wins, including Miami and St. Louis, where Drew was a major factor, or the losses when the D couldn't make a key late stop or stupid penalties or bad O line play killed potential game winning drives?

A number of people have simply lost their objectivity concerning our QB.

No I didn't forget those games. My criticism of DB is his inconsistency at playing like that. I don't like the fact that he either goes out and has a great game or we get creamed because he had a bad game and he beat us. I'd much rather he learned to be a bit more conservative in the way the offense was executed and to be successful at that...than to always be forcing things to happen and hope it works out. Winning half our games and praising DB for putting on a good show in those games is not good enough for me and shouldn't be for anyone else. Personally, I'm going to give the management some credit and would bet they haven't lost sight of the fact that Drew is a stop back QB...and his job is far from secure right now. If he comes out and has one of his typical bad days in the next two weeks....I don't think his job is secure here at all.

justasportsfan
12-21-2004, 09:10 AM
The one thing that will make me happy in this game...is to see our short passing game get it's act together. This is the area our offense is getting slaughtered...I have no idea why in the last four weeks it hasn't been corrected in practice. The only thing I can come up with is DB just isn't capable of taking a one, two or three step drop and getting the ball out there where it can be caught and the receiver in a good position to run with it. Everytime I watch a game, i take note of the short passes made by different qb's. Drew just has a hard time hitting a moving target running horizontally. Vertically down the field, no problem. All I can think about is that Drew has to load up first. He doesn't have time to load up w/ short passes.

Typ0
12-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Everytime I watch a game, i take note of the short passes made by different qb's. Drew just has a hard time hitting a moving target running horizontally. Vertically down the field, no problem. All I can think about is that Drew has to load up first. He doesn't have time to load up w/ short passes.

It makes a big difference...when that's the right part of the field to be attacking based on what the defense is doing...we have to do it well to get first downs. This problem has been a drive killer for us.

justasportsfan
12-21-2004, 09:25 AM
It makes a big difference...when that's the right part of the field to be attacking based on what the defense is doing...we have to do it well to get first downs. This problem has been a drive killer for us. I agree. But to be fair to Drew , some of our wr's have dropped balls that were catchable when Drew has hit his target at times.

Why he doesn't lob the ball more and let his wr's make a play is what I don't understand. It's worked wonders for Evans and Moulds is Moulds.

Mr. Cynical
12-21-2004, 11:58 AM
It makes a big difference...when that's the right part of the field to be attacking based on what the defense is doing...we have to do it well to get first downs. This problem has been a drive killer for us.
:10:

The_Philster
12-21-2004, 04:04 PM
If wanting Drew to play better is being stupid than so be it. I question your loyalty if that's the case. :bikerbabe
wanting him to play better isn't a bad thing...bashing him endlessly in thread after thread about stupid things is a stupid thing

Why then, in a game where the JAGS were completely flat until the last four minutes...did we only have a four point lead? You go ahead and put that loss on the D because JAX scored on the only drive of the game they actually moved the ball. I think the offense had just as much to do with the loss because they failed to score enough...which is typical of this team.
:idunno: Personally, I put it on the entire team...but I do agree, and did back then, that Bledsoe had a bad game...but the way some people talk, he's the only one not performing. If they wanna prove me wrong about that, I'd be interested to hear them start to disrupt threads about other players bashing someone besides the QB.

The_Philster
12-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree. But to be fair to Drew , some of our wr's have dropped balls that were catchable when Drew has hit his target at times.

Why he doesn't lob the ball more and let his wr's make a play is what I don't understand. It's worked wonders for Evans and Moulds is Moulds.
I've struggled to understand that as well. He does it at times but not with the frequency he should. It's like there are times he has little confidence in them...which was a big part of RJ's problem :idunno:

DaBills
12-21-2004, 04:21 PM

Really? Thanks. That clears up a lot for me.

"I agree. When we win, it's always "Drew didn't do anything to lose it for us," but when we lose, it's almost always his fault. Does anyone remember the wins, including Miami and St. Louis, where Drew was a major factor, or the losses when the D couldn't make a key late stop or stupid penalties or bad O line play killed potential game winning drives?

A number of people have simply lost their objectivity concerning our QB."

By objectivity, do you mean when you overlook all the things Drew does that stall the O?

The_Philster
12-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Really? Thanks. That clears up a lot for me. until your next post, right?

By objectivity, do you mean when you overlook all the things Drew does that stall the O?
no one's overlooked them...many of us who are accused of giving him a free pass have called him out on his mistakes...just that most of us see it's not just the QB playing the game:rolleyes: