PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who thought Blake would be good:

WG
11-21-2002, 11:31 AM
I remember getting into some pretty heated discussions as to how marvelous Blake is due to his strong arm and a couple of long-gone yardage stats. I won't mention any names. :D

Nevertheless, he's not doing really well. Here's what PFW has to say about him and his play:

"Buchsbaum: Blake is looking like the same old Jeff Blake that was run out of Cincinnati. By that I mean, he has some ability to throw the deep ball well, he will do everything to politic and win over the team, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he stays as the starter the rest of the year. But he’s not a guy you’re going to win with consistently."

Sound familiar?

;)

Patrick76777
11-21-2002, 11:50 AM
I don’t want to get into a long argument with you right now, but I don’t know how you could post that. If I remember correctly, you bashed 2 QB’s in the offseason. So you’re now bragging about how right you were in regards to Blake, but you write off what you said about Bledsoe. Strange! I’m not defending Blake at all, but it’s got to be difficult playing with all those offensive superstars in Baltimore.

LtBillsFan66
11-21-2002, 12:06 PM
There were only 2 or 3 people that wanted Blake...

SABURZFAN
11-21-2002, 03:12 PM
who cares about blake?

EricStratton
11-21-2002, 03:37 PM
If I recall the arguement was if Blake was better than the three stiffs we were looking at at the time (AVP, Brown, Dinkins), not that Blake was a worldbeater.

casdhf
11-21-2002, 06:55 PM
Wys, you wanted Travis Brown to play. I wouldn't be calling out others.

The Natrix
11-26-2002, 12:44 PM
wys, why do you do this to yourself?

I wanted Blake when there was talk of AVP, Jonathan Quinn etc.

So what?

He doesn't have much around him at Baltimore.

I am sure he would be doing a lot more with our offensive weapons

Everyone who you wanted to go with is sitting on the bench. At least Blake is starting.

man, you sound like a 7 year old with this post