PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Willis?

juice
12-19-2004, 04:03 PM
What was the problem with WM's leg? I was at a sportsbar and couldn't hear the updates.

Isn't TH supposed to be ready to go next week?

pyrrhonist
12-19-2004, 04:05 PM
This was the report I saw on Fanball.com, the website I use for my fantasy football updates:

Running back Willis McGahee left the Bills' game in the second quarter with an injured right knee. The injury occurred after he landed awkwardly on his leg while trying to catch a pass. He limped off the field but returned early in the third quarter. At the end of the third quarter he went into the locker room for further tests.

The injury was not to the same knee that Willis destroyed in college. Once we receive word on the official diagnosis we will let fantasy owners know what it is. Shaud Williams will run for the Bills while Willis is out.

don137
12-19-2004, 04:11 PM
The tv announcers said he is ok, left the game went to the locker room because the Bills were so far ahead and the Bills took him out of the game more for precautionary reasons...Plus Willis is not a fan of the cold...

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Plus Willis is not a fan of the cold...

Suck it up Willis! You're on the BUFFALO Bills not the Honolulu Hula Dancers!
:mad:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Plus Willis is not a fan of the cold...
He better become one...Buffalo ain't Miami.

juice
12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
What is the word on Travis Henry?

The_Philster
12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
The tv announcers said he is ok, left the game went to the locker room because the Bills were so far ahead and the Bills took him out of the game more for precautionary reasons...Plus Willis is not a fan of the cold...
Paul Peck was on the sidelines for the Bills radio network...said he was having some problems also...question is who do you believe? The national guys or the guys who see the players every day?

juice
12-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Buffalo News is reporting that he injured his Right knee in Sunday's game, not the same one that he blew out in College. Hyperextension of the knee is being reported.

alohabillsfan
12-20-2004, 09:29 AM
what happened to Burns? He has more power than williams, I like williams but he is more of that 3rd down scat back, not a 3rd and 1 back.

OpIv37
12-20-2004, 09:51 AM
what happened to Burns? He has more power than williams, I like williams but he is more of that 3rd down scat back, not a 3rd and 1 back.

I think they use Burns as an FB and only use him as an RB in power situations or emergencies. I don't know why though- Shaud has some talent but he's just too light- he can't move the pile.

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2004, 10:02 AM
I bet that midget had something to do with all this. This is getting pretty fishy. :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2004, 10:24 AM
"THE NEWS

Willis McGahee suffered a right knee injury on Sunday that has his availability for next week's game against the 49ers in question, according to the Buffalo News. McGahee's right knee buckled after catching a swing pass out of the backfield in the second quarter on Sunday and he crumpled to the turf. After what at first appeared to be a serious injury, McGahee got up and walked off the field under his own power. He returned to the game briefly in the third quarter but was then shut down with the game already in hand for the Bills. "He came back and played with it," coach Mike Mularkey told the Buffalo News. "He just felt like it was not 100 percent and I didn't want to try it right now." It was unclear if McGahee could have continued playing had the Bills needed him.

OUR VIEW

Conflicting reports indicated McGahee injured the same left knee he blew out in college, but that did not appear to be the case. Replays showed that Willis seemed to hyperextend his right knee on the play, not the surgically-repaired left leg. McGahee will undergo testing early this week and we'll let you know what his status is once we hear it. WIth the Bills in must-win mode in order to stay in the playoff chase in the AFC, we're betting McGahee will do everything in his power to play in week 16. If he can't go, however, rookie Shaud Williams would appear to be the logical choice to start on Sunday. Top backup Travis Henry has been sidelined with a fractured leg since week 12 and may not play this season. Williams has run well in mop-up duty the past two weeks and could be a solid replacement against a 49ers defense that allows rushing touchdowns by the boatload. Owners of McGahee would be wise to grab Williams from the waiver wire as a backup plan. "

This is also from Fanball.com.