PDA

View Full Version : Bills' odds for playoffs

mypoorfriendme
12-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Considering the Packers are going to lose this game and assuming we win out (just for the sake of argument), what are our apporixame odds for getting in the playoffs?? slim to nothing or do we actually stand somewhat of a chance?

can someone clear this up for me? :bighug:

Typ0
12-19-2004, 06:33 PM
It hinges a lot on jax losing a game. If they don't...so be it...they beat us at our home opener.

Canadian'eh!
12-19-2004, 06:35 PM
It hinges a lot on jax losing a game. If they don't...so be it...they beat us at our home opener.

I feel ill when i think about 4th and forever in gaem 1 costing us the playoffs....

Crisis
12-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Jacksonville has to lose atleast one. (play HOU and OAK)

Baltimore has to lose 2/3 (still play @IND, @PIT)

Jets have to lose out (NE, @STL)

Denver has to lose one more (@IND, TEN)

And of course, we have to win out (@SF, PIT)

I think we can count Denver out as of right now. Judgment on B-More is reserved for their game tonight. JAX and NYJ arent looking too good for us.

fushetti
12-19-2004, 06:43 PM
***** Jacksonville. ughhh

mypoorfriendme
12-19-2004, 06:44 PM

I think we can count Denver out as of right now. Judgment on B-More is reserved for their game tonight. JAX and NYJ arent looking too good for us.

thanks

G. Host
12-19-2004, 06:44 PM

Not all need to happen. There are two slots and 3 of four need to occur as well as Bills win out

Crisis
12-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Not all need to happen. There are two slots and 3 of four need to occur as well as Bills win out

I know. I was just saying all the teams still in the hunt.

Right now, it looks like Jacksonville and the Jests are about to take the 2 wildcards. Unless Baltimore pulls an upset in Indy and/or Pitt.

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 06:46 PM
I can see B-more losing two more and Denver losing one more...

but for the Jags to lose out against Houston and Oakland, that looks less likely...

Game 1 of the season could very well be our whole season... :sad:

BAM
12-19-2004, 06:47 PM
that was a bad ending. :(

Crisis
12-19-2004, 06:47 PM

but for the Jags to lose out against Houston and Oakland, that looks less likely...

Lets hope the Jests choke!

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Lets hope the Jests choke!
This is gay, hoping for other teams to lose.. :shakeno:

How bittersweet is this, having a winning record yet no playoffs..

BAM
12-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Jets @ St. Louis the last game of the year could be HUGE. I don't see them winning @ NE next week.

Crisis
12-19-2004, 06:51 PM

You've never hoped for any team to lose?

Anything's possible!

Crisis
12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
We're the Dolphins of this year. 10-6, no playoffs.

Questionable QB play (Bledsoe vs Fiedler)
RBs carrying offense (McGahee vs Williams)
Young talent on offense falling into place (Evans vs McMichael/Chambers)
Questionable OL, to say the least.
Great Defense.

only think we have is a much better STs unit.

Mad Bomber
12-19-2004, 06:57 PM

It's not gay...we NEED other teams to lose for us to get to the playoffs!

It is bittersweet; what makes it more bitter than sweet is the possibility that we could finish 9-7 or 10-6 and not make the playoffs, while a team from the NFC could make the playoffs with a losing record!

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 06:59 PM
It's not gay...we NEED other teams to lose for us to get to the playoffs!

It is bittersweet; what makes it more bitter than sweet is the possibility that we could finish 9-7 or 10-6 and not make the playoffs, while a team from the NFC could make the playoffs with a losing record!

Its very gay we have to depend on other teams to lose rather than control our own fate.. VERY gay...

To clarify, I am using the term "gay" as "bad, stupid, dumb" if you have taken offense, bite me! :D

As far as the NFC, see the other thread I started...
:down:

Jimbuktu
12-19-2004, 07:06 PM

ahhh, but we only need jax to lose one of those games...

keep the faith...oakland and houston aren't as bad as their records suggest, and teams love playing the role of spoiler...i bet jax falls in one of those games...call it a hunch

I also think that Baltimore is going to lose tonight and next week against the Steelers (who will probably want to avenge their only loss of the season) and that the Broncos will fall against a potent offense in tennessee who is due for a win....look what happened today when denver played a high-octane offense...

so pretty much, counting a bills win next week against lowly SF, I think it is going to come down to a win and we're in situation against pittsburgh in week 17...I'll take it!

madness
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I think we might have a better chance of the Jets losing both than Jacksonville losing to either of those teams.

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
ahhh, but we only need jax to lose one of those games...

keep the faith...oakland and houston aren't as bad as their records suggest, and teams love playing the role of spoiler...i bet jax falls in one of those games...call it a hunch

I also think that Baltimore is going to lose tonight and next week against the Steelers (who will probably want to avenge their only loss of the season) and that the Broncos will fall against a potent offense in tennessee who is due for a win....look what happened today when denver played a high-octane offense...

so pretty much, counting a bills win next week against lowly SF, I think it is going to come down to a win and we're in situation against pittsburgh in week 17...I'll take it!

I am keeping the faith, but we need a lot of things to fall into place and it would've been VERY helpful for the Jags to lose. With teams like Chokeland and the Houston Sucksans left, a loss looks a little less likely on paper than a road game in Green Bay did. However it should now be apparent to all that Lambeau no longer has a mystique and the Packers should cut their losses and bulldoze the dump.

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 07:11 PM
With the Jets and Jags winning, the odds are now...

imbondz
12-19-2004, 07:18 PM

happens every year. I'm just psyched that it's this late in the season and we still have a legitimate chance of making it.

Iehoshua
12-19-2004, 07:20 PM
happens every year. I'm just psyched that it's this late in the season and we still have a legitimate chance of making it.
I'm still into it and excited but the outlook didn't improve as much as I'd have hoped...

Hopefully there will come a time we can control our own destiny in making the playoffs... One day......

BAM
12-19-2004, 07:20 PM

:rofl: Cyn I love all your pigs flying pictures... :chuckle:

BSXIII
12-19-2004, 07:35 PM
It's gonna come down to the Jets @ STL. :nervous:

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2004, 07:36 PM
:rofl: Cyn I love all your pigs flying pictures... :chuckle:
Thanks. :D

I just wish I didn't have the opportunity to use them so often. :(

BAM
12-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks. :D

I just wish I didn't have the opportunity to use them so often. :(

You don't have to use them! Come towards the light, Cyn. :snicker:

:jk:

Like Dave Chapelle... you always Keep It Real... :snicker2:

unpaid_bills
12-20-2004, 01:27 AM
Its very gay we have to depend on other teams to lose rather than control our own fate.. VERY gay...

To clarify, I am using the term "gay" as "bad, stupid, dumb" if you have taken offense, bite me! :D

As far as the NFC, see the other thread I started...
:down:
This is the NFL isnt it like this every year. A team is so close the last week and needs lots to happen. It happens every year

mypoorfriendme
12-20-2004, 02:23 AM
all this talk about victory bittersweet...just remember this....

with every bills victory, the losman trade looks better and better. all im saying is im a whole helluva lot happier giving them a 20ish pick than a 7ish pick. i know it screws us for every other round, but id rather live with the comfort of knowing our pick wouldnt have been that high

CuseJetsFan83
12-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Jets @ St. Louis the last game of the year could be HUGE. I don't see them winning @ NE next week.
jets play new england at home, thats their only saving grace right now. we also already know the officiating will most likely suck.

jets should keep it close but if officiating is bad, expect another game like their last battle.... 13-7 to those damned patriots.

rams vs jets should be huge, but rams are horrid

Michael82
12-20-2004, 01:50 PM
The odds of Mr. Cynical EVER being happy about this team....

http://wwwpp.uwrf.edu/~w1083002/hell-freezes.jpg

The_Philster
12-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey!!! :mad: posting that sign is my thing!!