X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

ESPN Reporting Willis done for year?!?!

Before everyone has a heart attack like I about did today when he crumbled, I'm just pointing out ESPN's coverstory on their website right now.

the good news, the Bills make the front page and actually get some recognition which is really nice because everyone *****es about how ESPN never gives them coverage...

the bad news, it mentions in the article that a "veteran offensive player" muttered something about mcgahee being "lost."

read for yourself...
    HTML Code:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1949625
    the dude abides
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

It's possible I guess, but my best guess is that he'll miss 1 week at most (which is okay since we're facing SF).

The only reason Im saying 1 week is because he looked fine in the second half. Just give him some rest, and he should be okay for the Steelers game

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

One Bills offensive veteran used the term "lost" when speaking of McGahee, and then backtracked, claiming it would not be fair to make an assessment until club officials offered a prognosis.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

i have a question about running on the 49er and other crappy run defenses...

why the hell cant we run against them??? be it the browns run d or the bengals run d, both one of the worst the nfl, it seems as if we cant establish a "solid" running game by any means. willis had only ONE descent run today before he stopped, and last week was lucky to break a couple.

our running attack is inconsisten at best
        the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

point is i guess, that if willis did play against san fran, hed only run for 45 yards on 24 carries.

and i almost forgot, he better play against san fran, im going to be at that game! live in california seldom do i see the bills play so i better get to see willis run
          the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by LABillsFan
            One Bills offensive veteran used the term "lost" when speaking of McGahee, and then backtracked, claiming it would not be fair to make an assessment until club officials offered a prognosis.
            that doesnt sound like a serious injury to you??
            the dude abides

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
              that doesnt sound like a serious injury to you??
              I didn't say either way, just putting into quotes what the article actually said.
              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

gotcha
                the dude abides

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I think its more of the way the opposing team gameplans Buffalo. They are going to focus on the running attack and make us try and beat them through the air. Fortunately our defense just brings it every week and we really dont need to excel at either.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

The actual quote in context and the link so people can click:
                    The only downer for the Bills was the potential loss of tailback Willis McGahee, who hyperextended his right knee in the second quarter, returned briefly, and then retired to the locker room for the final 1½ quarters. Mularkey declined to elaborate on the injury, and McGahee shook off a quick inquiry about it, but the second-year tailback seems likely to miss some time. One Bills offensive veteran used the term "lost" when speaking of McGahee, and then backtracked, claiming it would not be fair to make an assessment until club officials offered a prognosis. more (ESPN)

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I am concerned about Willis...While the Bills need to take the game seriously they may want to suit willis up but not start him against San Fran and only use him in situatons. The Bills defense and special teams may score more than San Frans offense next week...
                      In regards to not running well against bad teams...Opposing teams are gearing towards stopping the run. The Bills have exposed this weekly with flea flickers for big plays. Teams are respecting the running game of Buffalo. I think that has helped Bledsoe and the entire offense. They are two dimensional and not one dimensional any more.

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

i have a question about running on the 49er and other crappy run defenses...

why the hell cant we run against them??? be it the browns run d or the bengals run d, both one of the worst the nfl, it seems as if we cant establish a "solid" running game by any means. willis had only ONE descent run today before he stopped, and last week was lucky to break a couple.

our running attack is inconsisten at best
                        It seems lately that alot of the teams are just stacking the box, and loading up 8-9 guys every play. Opposing teams are just daring us to beat them through the air and just playing man coverage.

Hopefully DB will be able to take advantage of this to relieve the pressure on the run game.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Before everyone has a heart attack like I about did today when he crumbled, I'm just pointing out ESPN's coverstory on their website right now.

the good news, the Bills make the front page and actually get some recognition which is really nice because everyone *****es about how ESPN never gives them coverage...

the bad news, it mentions in the article that a "veteran offensive player" muttered something about mcgahee being "lost."

read for yourself...
                          HTML Code:
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1949625
                          Yeah and ESPN said that he hyperextended the same knee that he destroyed couple of yeas ago.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Doesn't this at least bother you guys. I am worried as hell now.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Not really. He came back into the game. That is a good sign I would think...

Comment

Working...
                              X