X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Who's Stats are these?

These are just a few games that this QB has had in wins for this winning team.

15/26 219yds 2 TD/2 INT Rating 78.8
    7/19 76 yds 2 TD/1 INT Rating 62.6
    15/30 172 yds 0 TD/0 INT Rating 67.6
    11/20 157 yds 1 TD/1 INT Rating 76.5

All 4 games were victories this year. Who's the QB?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

My point:

Winning and losing are collaborative team efforts. All facets must contribute. I do not think it's a coincidence that the Bills are among the best in special teams and we are now 8-6.

We will need another game like vs Bengals when we travel to SF next weekend. It's not about just Bledsoe as many of the Drew haters want y'all to believe. I could care less who is QB, I could care less about statistics, as long as the Bills win games!

Drew Bledsoe will lead us in 2005

• mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

my guess was big ben, because thats another prime example of descent play being enough to win....of course there are about a million counter examples but nevermind those (mcnabb, manning etc)
    the dude abides

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
      These are just a few games that this QB has had in wins for this winning team.

15/26 219yds 2 TD/2 INT Rating 78.8
      7/19 76 yds 2 TD/1 INT Rating 62.6
      15/30 172 yds 0 TD/0 INT Rating 67.6
      11/20 157 yds 1 TD/1 INT Rating 76.5

All 4 games were victories this year. Who's the QB?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

My point:

Winning and losing are collaborative team efforts. All facets must contribute. I do not think it's a coincidence that the Bills are among the best in special teams and we are now 8-6.

We will need another game like vs Bengals when we travel to SF next weekend. It's not about just Bledsoe as many of the Drew haters want y'all to believe. I could care less who is QB, I could care less about statistics, as long as the Bills win games!

Drew Bledsoe will lead us in 2005

So, if we were to do a search of your posts from the past, we wouldn't find any posts that single out a player's performance, be it good or bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

The great Tom Brady? You're absolutely correct, clump, because these numbers could also belong to Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Vick, or several other QBs who are deemed far superior to Drew.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

The big difference in Drew the last few weeks I noticed is his lack of mistakes. His stats are not anything to write home about however he is not being asked to win games for the Bills. He is also not losing games for the Bills anymore either. He is not being a complete statue with a deer in headlights mentaliy in the pocket. He is not fumbling, not taking the sacks and he is not making as many really bad throws by forcing the ball.

Drew being a non-factor one way or the other is helping to the success of the Bills winning (kind of like Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won the super bowl)

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by don137
            The big difference in Drew the last few weeks I noticed is his lack of mistakes. His stats are not anything to write home about however he is not being asked to win games for the Bills. He is also not losing games for the Bills anymore either. He is not being a complete statue with a deer in headlights mentaliy in the pocket. He is not fumbling, not taking the sacks and he is not making as many really bad throws by forcing the ball.

Drew being a non-factor one way or the other is helping to the success of the Bills winning (kind of like Trent Dilfer when the Ravens won the super bowl)

Well said Don

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              The great Tom Brady? You're absolutely correct, clump, because these numbers could also belong to Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Vick, or several other QBs who are deemed far superior to Drew.
              You mean QBs that are superior to Drew.

The hallmark of a great QB is stepping up when the game is on the line and making the plays to win. It isn't about having great numbers, it is winning big games. That is where Bledsoe has fallen short his entire career.

Drew is a good QB, but he has always played small in big games.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Roethlisberger, Leftwich and Vick are superior to Drew? Based on their play in big games, or their media hype?
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Roethlisberger, Leftwich and Vick are superior to Drew? Based on their play in big games, or their media hype?
                  When they pass Joe Montana on any stat then I may think that they are a better QB. Rothlisberger has not looked that great the last few weeks. You don't see any Steelers fans screaming for him to be benched

This hatred for a player that has helped lead this team to 5 straight wins is getting old fast
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• pats-were-right
                    Just paint a target on my forehead
                    • Dec 2003

Look at numbers all you want (and those were cherry picked to include ONLY mediocre to bad games) but Brady is the best big-game QB in the game today, period. Bledsoe's a god guy and all - doesn't make him a winner.

Comment

• Voltron
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pats-were-right
                      Look at numbers all you want (and those were cherry picked to include ONLY mediocre to bad games) but Brady is the best big-game QB in the game today, period. Bledsoe's a god guy and all - doesn't make him a winner.
                      Hate to tell you but I would have to say you are wrong 100%

Payton Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now no matter if it is a big or a small game.
                      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

I agree there is no need for a QB change or to even bring up the debate at this point, but I disagree about '05.

I think it should be an open competition. If Bledsoe is deemed winner, so be it, he's the man.

Stats aside however, if I had to put a game in the QB's hands and choose between Bledsoe and Brady to lead my team in a late 4th quarter drive where we're down, I'd have to go with Brady.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
                          Hate to tell you but I would have to say you are wrong 100%

Payton Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now no matter if it is a big or a small game.
                          Reiterating my end-of-the-game scenario, I'm still taking Brady even over Manning. Manning has a record of choking, Brady doesn't.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
                            When they pass Joe Montana on any stat then I may think that they are a better QB. Rothlisberger has not looked that great the last few weeks. You don't see any Steelers fans screaming for him to be benched

This hatred for a player that has helped lead this team to 5 straight wins is getting old fast
                            Amen. When we win, Drew gets virtually no credit. When we lose, it is almost always his fault, entirely.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                              • Aug 2002

I am very annoyed at the automatic label of "hater" for any mild criticism someone offers against Drew.

It's felt like a friggin' witch hunt around here for a while now.

I don't even offer my opinions anymore because I know that I'll be jumped on long before anyone actually notices any of the points I was attempting to make.
                              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                              X