PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Remaining Offensive Problem

Jan Reimers
12-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Assuming Willis is OK, it appears to me that our biggest offensive limitation at the moment is the lack of a consistent, reliable 3rd wideout. We either have no confidence in Reed or Aiken, or they just haven't stepped up.

It seems that all of the really successful teams, including Piittsburgh, Indy and New England, throw often and well to 3 different WRs.

ryjam282
12-20-2004, 08:29 AM
I thought they looked good at times yesterday. Aiken is terrible, IMO. Reed is a pretty good 3rd guy but Drew hasn't found him much. I thought the few times he got the ball he did good, broke a tackle and got a big first down and got that pass interference called....He is definitely not a #2 guy, but a good #3.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2004, 08:38 AM
I thought they looked good at times yesterday. Aiken is terrible, IMO. Reed is a pretty good 3rd guy but Drew hasn't found him much. I thought the few times he got the ball he did good, broke a tackle and got a big first down and got that pass interference called....He is definitely not a #2 guy, but a good #3.
I agree that Reed is pretty good, and I think Aiken has potential, but my point is that we don't use them. Reed is our 3rd guy, with 14 catches in 10 games. Look at other teams 3rd WRs - Stokely, Randle El, or any number of others, and they have a ton more catches.

Concentrating so heavily on Moulds, with Evans getting what Moulds doesn't, really hurts our offensive versatility.

EDS
12-20-2004, 09:05 AM
I agree that Reed is pretty good, and I think Aiken has potential, but my point is that we don't use them. Reed is our 3rd guy, with 14 catches in 10 games. Look at other teams 3rd WRs - Stokely, Randle El, or any number of others, and they have a ton more catches.

Concentrating so heavily on Moulds, with Evans getting what Moulds doesn't, really hurts our offensive versatility.

I think we are o.k. - or at least were o.k. before our top two TE's went down. Plus, Randle El has started several games this year for Pitt while Plex was down.