:pir:

BAM
12-20-2004, 02:18 PM

:bravo:

imbondz
12-20-2004, 02:24 PM
when you see it in that context, it looks freakin' awesome. How are we not getting more national press? If Manning wasn't setting records, I bet the Bills would be talked about more.

The King
12-20-2004, 02:25 PM
We are playing better football then the Patriots are right now and we are doing it quietly. I love it.

Pride
12-20-2004, 02:28 PM
If you are going to throw out stats.. be sure to include the WHOLE truth. Of these teams that we have racked up these points on, NONE of them have winning records!

imbondz
12-20-2004, 02:38 PM
If you are going to throw out stats.. be sure to include the WHOLE truth. Of these teams that we have racked up these points on, NONE of them have winning records!New England has beaten 1 team (the Ravens) with a winning record in their last 5

The Colts - have beaten 1 team (the Ravens) with a winning record in their last 5 wins

Philadelphia - has beaten 1 team (the Packers) with a winning record in their last 5 wins

Pittsburgh - have beaten 2 teams (the Jets & Jaguars) with winning records in their last 5 games

San Diego - has beaten 1 team (the Broncos) with winning records in their last 5 games

It's still a big deal.

EDS
12-20-2004, 02:43 PM
New England has beaten 1 team (the Ravens) with a winning record in their last 5

The Colts - have beaten 1 team (the Ravens) with a winning record in their last 5 wins

Philadelphia - has beaten 1 team (the Packers) with a winning record in their last 5 wins

Pittsburgh - have beaten 2 teams (the Jets & Jaguars) with winning records in their last 5 games

San Diego - has beaten 1 team (the Broncos) with winning records in their last 5 games

It's still a big deal.

Excellent post.

Bills can only play the team on the schedule, so might as well beat them.

BAM
12-20-2004, 02:48 PM
New England has beaten 1 team (the Ravens) with a winning record in their last 5

It's still a big deal.

:clap: :10: :clap:

Michael82
12-20-2004, 02:49 PM

It's still a big deal.
BEAUTIFUL POST! :clap: :bf1:

:hail: imbondz

JD
12-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Average points per game for teams that have won their last 5 games:

Buffalo - 37.4

Colts - 35.2

New England - 31.4

Philadelphia - 26.2

San Diego - 25.8

Pittsburgh - 20.4

:dance: :clap: :bow: :tip: :D :love: :punk: :bravo: :up: :fab: :hiclap: :xtreme: :rockout: :dance2: :jam: :hump: :pir: :cloud9: :bandwagon :fab2: :D: :bf1:

Ed
12-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I was bored at work, so if anyone cares I calculated the amount of points each team has given up over those same five games too.

Pitt. - 10.0

Indy - 13.4

NE - 14.2

Philly - 14.6

Buff - 16.4

SD - 17.8

So the Average margin of victory for each team over those 5 games...

Indy - 21.8

Buff - 21.0

NE - 17.2

Pitt - 11.6

Philly - 10.4

SD - 8.0

Averaging 3 more TD's per game then your opponent is pretty good. I didn't realize the Colts have been stepping it up on D. They're gonna be a scary team in the playoffs.

helmetguy
12-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I just saw a breakdown of Buffalo's TD scoring over the past five games on Prime Time. I goes something like this:

Offense: 17
Defense: 2
Special Teams: 3

I'm not much of a stat rat, but tell me, is there a formula somewhere that must be followed for a win to be a win? Detractors on this board keep carping that "we're beating crap teams." Many of those same detractors expressed concern about Cincy yesterday, but now include them in the "crap" category. Then there's the issue of the "offensive output." Seems to me that we've been averaging over 3 offensive TDs a game over that 5 game stretch. Do they count less because we didn't drive 90 yards for every one?

I'm just pissed at anyone who feels the need to diminish the accomplishments this team has made. MM is onto something, and I like it. It's called Total Team Football.

Mad Bomber
12-20-2004, 05:24 PM
when you see it in that context, it looks freakin' awesome. How are we not getting more national press? If Manning wasn't setting records, I bet the Bills would be talked about more.

People talk about Manning's quest to pass Marino's single-season TD record, but was there even one mention in the media that Drew just passed Joe Montana for #7 on the all-time completion list (besides the Buffalo News)??????