PDA

View Full Version : Most important game next week

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Pittsburgh beating Baltimore.

They will have locked up home field and will definitely not risk their starters (for long) in Buffalo; and they also put the Ravens at 8-7, so they can't get 10-6.

Not worried about Denver - they will lose to Indy.

My biggest concern is Jax. With Houston and Oakland remaining, I have a BAD feeling we'll both end up 10-6 and they get the tie breaker. How much would that suck. :(

NapalmDeath
12-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Pittsburgh beating Baltimore.

If they win, they will have locked up home field and will definitely not risk their starters in Buffalo.
If they win, they put the Ravens at 8-7, so they can't get 10-6.
Not worried about Denver - they will lose to Indy.

My biggest concern is Jax. With Houston and Oakland remaining, I have a BAD feeling we'll both end up 10-6 and they get the tie breaker. How much would that suck. :(

Jax is the BIGGEST concern right now. Gotta hope Houston and Oakland play as hard as Miami did today.

lordofgun
12-20-2004, 11:42 PM
I think Oakland has a good shot to knock 'em off.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Jax winning in GB just plain sucked. That was as close to a lead pipe cinch as it gets...Favre is (was) 38-1 at home under 34 degrees.

Shiny Chicken
12-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Or the Jets could lose to NE and get upset in St. Louis.

Mr. Cynical
12-21-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm just talking about the most important game next week (other than us winning, of course). Pitt beating Baltimore has the most impact for us IMO.

BlackJohn
12-21-2004, 01:34 AM
1) Tennessee against Denver
If tennessee can beat Denver it will mean "eliminating" Denver before playing Indy for their playoff lives in a meaningless game for Indy

I think this is really important. Tennesee is much like KC was last week good offense no defense, if they can get up on denver early i think denver will mail the rest of it in. The last game for indy will very likely mean nothing,this would be very dangerous for buffalo bills playoff hopes

2) Pittsburgh vs Baltimore
Need baltimore to lose and pitt to win soour game means nothing to pitt. I now have some hope that miami could possibly pull an upset last week of season now. Still unlikely though

3) Hou @ Jax
Would be nice if all 3 other 8-6 teams lost next week and bills win. This would set up the last game as an early playoff game fo buffalo. A win and go on, lose and go home scenario. This would be great

4) SD vs Indy - If Tennesee doesn't beat Denver, I want SD and Indy to tie to make the last week to at least mean something to indy

5) NE at Jets - if NE were to lose they could be in jeopoardy of losing the first round bye, so this bodes well for NE being ready to kick some butt. I imagine TB will want to make up for his dreadful performance last night. With a Jets loss also keeps alive our possible tiebreak edge

If I can only have 2 I take Denver and Baltimore and take my chances with Jax and Oak, It's actually not that bad right now though. We only need 3 specific losses next week to set us up to control our own destiny.

It hasn't looked better all year and so many games have bills playoff implications! Should be a fun week, and if bills win, no matter what happens, it comes down to the final week!

willis_mchenry
12-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Houston has a good chance to beat Jacksonville as well as Oakland. They beat them before after Jacksonville's big win over Indy. It was at Houston, but Jacksonville's road record is the same as their home record. But the Pittsburgh game is huge for the Bills. Don't want to count on Miami to beat Baltimore. Best scenario: all 3 teams lose while the Bills win!

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 05:01 AM
Buffalo beating San Francisco.

ryjam282
12-21-2004, 07:02 AM
I tell ya what...Don't count out Houston just yet. They are putting up some points and there D has really been playing pretty well. I don't count that as a definite win for Jax just yet. Domanick Davis has been running well as of late and the Carr to Andre Johnson (from, the U) is putting point on the board. Just hope they can shut down Fred Taylor cause that is what beat GB...

As for Tennessee, I honestly think Billy Volek torches Denver also. He and Bennett have been unstoppable for about 3-4 games now and Mason is looking great as well.

One question I have, Indy has 3 losses right? The Jets have 3 losses right? If Indy beats the Chargers this week, and the Jets win, or both the Jets and Indy lose they they both have 4 losses. What is Indy loses the last week and ends up with 5 losses and the Jets have only 4, wouldn't the Jets get a home game against Indy since they have a better record, thus making that Denver game for Indy a must win? Or does the division winner automatically get a home game? Someone help out on that one please.

Jeff1220
12-21-2004, 07:11 AM
One question I have, Indy has 3 losses right? The Jets have 3 losses right? If Indy beats the Chargers this week, and the Jets win, or both the Jets and Indy lose they they both have 4 losses. What is Indy loses the last week and ends up with 5 losses and the Jets have only 4, wouldn't the Jets get a home game against Indy since they have a better record, thus making that Denver game for Indy a must win? Or does the division winner automatically get a home game? Someone help out on that one please.

No. The division champs get the bye regardless of a wild card team that might have a better record.

fushetti
12-21-2004, 07:25 AM
I think the chances of the Jets actually losing their last two is pretty good. (Thats saying Bulger plays the last game of the year for STL) In my opinion, theyre not as good as their record indicates. EDIT: it looks like Bulger WILL be back. http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/47206

Houston can pull off the upset against Jacksonville. Its a division game, so they'll be up for it, plus they get the chance to play spoiler. Jacksonville is due for a letdown after the game in GB. If we played them now, we'd destroy Jax.

This weekend, we'll bid farewell to both Denver and Baltimore. bye bye.

I hope we get in. This whole run is making me forget theres no Sabres this year.

Cntrygal
12-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Buffalo beating San Francisco.

I agree. If this doesn't happen, it doesn't matter what else happens in the league.