X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Patriots losing is HUGE for us

Why? Because now them, the Chargers and the Colts will all be battling for a first round bye. Remember the Colts play Denver, and if that game means something to the Colts, it's much, MUCH better for us. I hope New England destroys the Jets next week, just utterly tears them to pieces.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Unfortunately that is not entirely true because the Patriots hold the tie breaker against the Colts since they beat them in week 1.
    I am not sure what would happen if the Chargers, Colts and Patriots tie.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don137
      Unfortunately that is not entirely true because the Patriots hold the tie breaker against the Colts since they beat them in week 1.
      I am not sure what would happen if the Chargers, Colts and Patriots tie.
      It would be good if they all went into the final week tied, it means the Colts would have to play for something vs the Broncos. It also means the Pats can't afford to lose another game (As long as they beat the Jets, I don't care).

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

The Jets looked good last week. Who knows, maybe they can pull that one out. I traded for C Mart before my Fantasy's deadline and I am in the Semi's so I need a strong showing next week out of him.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

What a Great day today has turned out to be.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I believe the Chargers would have the tie breaker against the Pats, so it is critical for them to beat the Jets. The Pats, with 3 losses, could lose the bye week.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I believe the Chargers would have the tie breaker against the Pats, so it is critical for them to beat the Jets. The Pats, with 3 losses, could lose the bye week.
              Chargers have the same division record as NE so If the Pats lose one more and the Chargers win out SD will get the bye.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Yes, if SD wins out and the Pats lose one more game, then SD would hold the tie-breaker.

If Indy wins their last 2 and the Pats lose their last 2, then Indy would get the bye. However, that doesn't seem likely considering the Pats finish up with SF at home.

If Indy can beat SD next week then the Pats are likely to earn the bye even if they lose to the Jets, as I can't see them losing to SF. Losing to Miami in Miami, given the history between the teams, isn't hard to believe. I can't see them losing to SF at all.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

it didnt seem likely that miami could win either, NE39.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Boy, it would be a darn shame if the Pats lost the bye.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

It would be great if Pitt benches their starters week 17
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

NE39.... what is the "history" between the Pats and fish. I know why we hate the fish ( ) and I know that there's a huge thing between the jets and the fish. I've never really heard much about the Pats and fish.
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

If New England wins this week the Colts will have nothing to play for in week 17.

If the Colts win against San Diego and NE wins against the Jets they can do no better than the the #3 seed even if they lose to Denver. New England holds the tie breaker due to beating the Colts in week 1 so if NE wins next week they are guranteed a bye if Indy wins out and NE loses in week 17 against San Fran. If the Colts lose this week then they will automatically get the #4 seed. Either way the have nothing to play for against Denver.

The Colts not having anything to play for against Denver does not bold well for Buffalo. I guess we need to root for the Titans against Denver this week

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Guess I should have read this thread before I started mine.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              The Jets looked good last week. Who knows, maybe they can pull that one out. I traded for C Mart before my Fantasy's deadline and I am in the Semi's so I need a strong showing next week out of him.

Noooo we DON'T WANT THE JETS TO WIN. If they win another game, it deals a great blow to our playoff hopes.

Comment

Working...
                              X