Finally, something to cheer about in December!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemi13
    • Jan 2004

Finally, something to cheer about in December!

So here we go, the final 2 weeks of this season and we are still in the playoff hunt. Right now we stand last in the chase for that final wildcard spot. If you look at the teams in the race and the remaining games they have left to play. The advantage has to go too the Jaguars. Here are the 4 teams in the hunt and who they have to play in the final 2 games.

Jaguars 8 - 6 Houston (6-8) Oakland (5-9)

Ravens 8 - 6 Pittsburgh (13-1) Miami (2-12)

Broncos 8 - 6 Tennessee (4-10) Indianpolis (11-3)

Bills 8 - 6 SanFrancisco (2-12) Pittsburgh (13-1)

Lets just keep our fingers crossed, hope for the best and pray that the football Gods are on our side for once.
    Bills Backers of Tucson
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I bet that the Ravens Fins game is a good one too. And I think Houston has a better chance of beating Jax than Oakland does.

If we miss out because of the Jax game, Coy Wire should be dragged out of the ralph and hung.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I still haven't given up on the Jets - losing their final two, that is.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

A lot of things have to go right for the Bills to be sure. On thing is certain. If Buffalo beats San Francisco, they will be mathematically alive for a Wild Card spot going into their final game with Pittsburgh. That in itself will be an amazing accomplishment considering Buffalo's 0-4/1-5 start.

I think the Jets drop back to the pack after next Sunday by losing to the Patriots. They will be in a must win situation at St. Louis. Depending on which Rams team shows up, it may not be a gimme for the Jets. Hopefully Pittsburgh has enough left in the tank to knock off the Ravens next Sunday and drop them out of the race. If not, the Dolphins have suddenly become a team that is capable of playing the spoiler role. The Broncos are definitely limping, and I don't see them making itpast Tennessee and Indianapolis. Tennessee might have McNair back. The Jaguars have a favorable schedule, no doubt. A loss to either Houston at home or Oakland away would definitely be a big upset. I do think that after next Sunday, Buffalo will either be sitting pretty or the odds become extremely bleak.
        Last edited by TigerJ; 12-21-2004, 08:46 AM.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

With all of the weird crap happening this year..curses being broken, etc..it may just be our turn!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Denver WILL lose to Indy.
            Baltimore WILL lose to Pittsburgh.
            Jacksonville WILL lose to either Houston or Oakland, or both.

Our fate lies in our own hands. Let's just worry about beating SF and especially the tough Pittsburgh team.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Pittsburg has been falling apart lately.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• buffalofan19
                God's gift to the Zone
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                Denver WILL lose to Indy.
                Baltimore WILL lose to Pittsburgh.
                Jacksonville WILL lose to either Houston or Oakland, or both.

Our fate lies in our own hands. Let's just worry about beating SF and especially the tough Pittsburgh team.
                Hell, I think Denver just might lose in Tennessee also. I'm sorry, but they SUCK.
                Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
                Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
                Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
                Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
                Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
                Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
                Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
                Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

All I am thankful for is to head into week 16 with something to play for! That is really all anyone can ask of a rookie head coach, and of a perennial loser like Buffalo.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

JAX
                    BAL
                    TEN
                    BUF

Take a look at houstons schedule. They have played all winning teams...all of which are either going to the playoffs or fighting for a berth. They already handed JAX a loss this year and they beat TEN twice as well. Houston plays well they are just having trouble learning how to win and have a brutal schedule. They will be there to play this week!

will win this week. I hope Baltimore turns the ball over again this week...when they don't do that they are a very difficult team to beat. But I still have to go with BAL to knock PIT down a step this week...PIT has been playing way above themselves. BAL is the only team that has beat PIT...13 weeks ago! This game is going to be great and central to the Bills plight...I wish I could watch it on TV!

TEN has been playing well and the broncos kinda stink.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

If Pittsburgh wins this week against Baltimore, it's a double blessing. Not only do one of the 8-6 teams fall, but the Steelers have nothing to play for against us since they will have clinched home-field in the playoffs.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

I'm not worried about the Ravens, nor Broncos, but the Jags and Jets. We need Jags to lose one against two mediocre teams, and/OR we need the Jets to lose against the world champs, and at the domw of the rams, which isn't too much of a stretch. I think. Stupid Farve, screwed us most when we needed him for once.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                        X