• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Don't Get too Excited

A closer look at the teams the Bills beat durning their 5 game win streak show that the teams they beat are not very good.

Bengals 6-8
    Browns 3-11
    Miami 3-11
    Seattle 7-7
    Rams 6-8

And other 3 wins were against

Jets 10-4 (as much over-rated as the Bills)
    Arizona 5-9
    Miami 3-11

A combined 42-69. (32-65 without the Jets) Not very impressive. Its nice to see the Bills win the games that they should win. Only beating 1 out of 8 with a winning record tells me that the Bills are over-rated.

And if the Bills beat San Fran this week then it be 44-82 combined records of teams they beat. But the number can get even more inflated when the Bills beat Pitts. because they have nothing to play for and will have all their starters on the bench.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

While I completely agree with you... that the Bills are overrated.

The Bills did not select their opponents. They can only beat who they play, and they have been beating them pretty handily (30+ points per game).

So, while I agree that we are not in the same realm as Pitt, NE, Philly, etc... I am pleased that they are taking care of their own business finally... after a decade of averageness.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Your posts also shows your lack of knowledge...Its not if you win but how you win and the Bills have dominated their opponents the last 5 weeks...Their ranking is very fair

Comment

• Parrotfish
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        A closer look at the teams the Bills beat durning their 5 game win streak show that the teams they beat are not very good.

Bengals 6-8
        Browns 3-11
        Miami 3-11
        Seattle 7-7
        Rams 6-8

And other 3 wins were against

Jets 10-4 (as much over-rated as the Bills)
        Arizona 5-9
        Miami 3-11

A combined 42-69. (32-65 without the Jets) Not very impressive. Its nice to see the Bills win the games that they should win. Only beating 1 out of 8 with a winning record tells me that the Bills are over-rated.

And if the Bills beat San Fran this week then it be 44-82 combined records of teams they beat. But the number can get even more inflated when the Bills beat Pitts. because they have nothing to play for and will have all their starters on the bench.
        Sorry, but that is a weak argument. Withiout quoting stats, I'd say this would be true of just about every team with a winning record. NE played an almost identical schedule as the Bills this season. The point is , you can only beat the teams that are on your schedule and there are not enough "good teams" in the freakin' NFL right now! The entire NFC is around .500 or less. The Bills may have already clinched a WC berth in that conference. How many top teams has Philly beaten, or Atlanta? There just aint enough of 'em to go around. We split with the Jets, lost on the last PLAY to the Jags when we were not playing well, and STL and SEA had winning records when we played them. No one is saying we're NE or Philly, but that we're a pretty good team. NOT overrated.

Comment

• GOBILLSGO!!!
          • Sep 2002

regardless of the opponents...momentenum and confidence can be dangerous attributes to a team fighting/making the playoffs

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Ah, another positive thread. If we were to win the Super Bowl, some of you would attribute it only to the other team's injuries, lucky calls, or the fortuitous alignment of the planets.

We're playing our schedule and winning. Can't we just enjoy it?
            Last edited by Jan Reimers; 12-21-2004, 12:29 PM.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Had we squeaked out wins against these teams, I may agree but the facts are, we obliterated all of them handily.

Comment

• DaBills
                • Sep 2004

Pitt may play for homefield. Won't be a gimmee imo.

“The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                  Your posts also shows your lack of knowledge...Its not if you win but how you win and the Bills have dominated their opponents the last 5 weeks...Their ranking is very fair
                  ESPN reported that in the last 5 weeks, we have 17 offensive TD's, 3 defensive TD's and 2 special teams TD's. So, you're right. It's how we win. The competition hasn't been as great as I'd like, but there's no doubt that we're winning the way we should, and that we've gotten quite a bit better regardless of competition. As Pride said, we don't pick the schedule, we just have to do our best. Plus, the way the league is right now, anybody can beat anybody.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I think everyone knows that the teams Buffalo has beaten over the last several weeks were not Super Bowl contenders. Never the less Buffalo has been taking care of business, something New England did not do last night. Even bad teams like Miami can be dangerous. Knowing they had to win, or else, Buffalo has done exactly that. I am all too aware of the tough road Buffalo has ahead just to make the playoffs (if they get the help they need) and then to go through the playoffs and actually have some success. I still have great admiration for what they've done after looking so inept the first few weeks of the season and digging themselves such a humongous hole.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DaBills
                      • Sep 2004

We win out and playoff opponents will take notice.

Comment

• DaBills
                        • Sep 2004

Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor?

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Ah, another positive thread. If we were to win the Super Bowl, some of you would attribute it only to the other team's injuries, lucky calls, or the fortuitous alignment of the planets.

We're playing our schedule and winning. Can't we just enjoy it?
                          Every win gets us that much closer to TD's extension. Given how badly he screwed up by bringing in Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher, Adams, et al, the LAST thing we want to do is extend him, right? How can one enjoy a winning streak when we have THAT possibilty hanging over our heads?
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

no ****ing **** you stupid ******, 90% of the teams in the NFL suck or are average. What a stupid ******* post.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

The Bills schedule should look like this:

Sun., Sep. 12 INDIANAPOLIS
                              Sun., Sep. 19 at Philadelphia
                              Sun., Sep. 26 BYE WEEK
                              Sun., Oct. 3 NEW ENGLAND
                              Sun., Oct. 10 at New York Jets
                              Sun., Oct. 17 PHILADELPHIA
                              Sun., Oct. 24 at Baltimore
                              Sun., Oct. 31 PITTSBURGH