PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get too Excited

TacklingDummy
12-21-2004, 12:16 PM
A closer look at the teams the Bills beat durning their 5 game win streak show that the teams they beat are not very good.

Bengals 6-8
Browns 3-11
Miami 3-11
Seattle 7-7
Rams 6-8

And other 3 wins were against

Jets 10-4 (as much over-rated as the Bills)
Arizona 5-9
Miami 3-11

A combined 42-69. (32-65 without the Jets) Not very impressive. Its nice to see the Bills win the games that they should win. Only beating 1 out of 8 with a winning record tells me that the Bills are over-rated.

And if the Bills beat San Fran this week then it be 44-82 combined records of teams they beat. But the number can get even more inflated when the Bills beat Pitts. because they have nothing to play for and will have all their starters on the bench.

Pride
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
While I completely agree with you... that the Bills are overrated.

The Bills did not select their opponents. They can only beat who they play, and they have been beating them pretty handily (30+ points per game).

So, while I agree that we are not in the same realm as Pitt, NE, Philly, etc... I am pleased that they are taking care of their own business finally... after a decade of averageness.

don137
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Your posts also shows your lack of knowledge...Its not if you win but how you win and the Bills have dominated their opponents the last 5 weeks...Their ranking is very fair

Parrotfish
12-21-2004, 12:25 PM
A closer look at the teams the Bills beat durning their 5 game win streak show that the teams they beat are not very good.

Bengals 6-8
Browns 3-11
Miami 3-11
Seattle 7-7
Rams 6-8

Arizona 5-9
Miami 3-11

A combined 42-69. (32-65 without the Jets) Not very impressive. Its nice to see the Bills win the games that they should win. Only beating 1 out of 8 with a winning record tells me that the Bills are over-rated.

And if the Bills beat San Fran this week then it be 44-82 combined records of teams they beat. But the number can get even more inflated when the Bills beat Pitts. because they have nothing to play for and will have all their starters on the bench.
Sorry, but that is a weak argument. Withiout quoting stats, I'd say this would be true of just about every team with a winning record. NE played an almost identical schedule as the Bills this season. The point is , you can only beat the teams that are on your schedule and there are not enough "good teams" in the freakin' NFL right now! The entire NFC is around .500 or less. The Bills may have already clinched a WC berth in that conference. How many top teams has Philly beaten, or Atlanta? There just aint enough of 'em to go around. We split with the Jets, lost on the last PLAY to the Jags when we were not playing well, and STL and SEA had winning records when we played them. No one is saying we're NE or Philly, but that we're a pretty good team. NOT overrated.

GOBILLSGO!!!
12-21-2004, 12:26 PM
regardless of the opponents...momentenum and confidence can be dangerous attributes to a team fighting/making the playoffs

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Ah, another positive thread. If we were to win the Super Bowl, some of you would attribute it only to the other team's injuries, lucky calls, or the fortuitous alignment of the planets.

We're playing our schedule and winning. Can't we just enjoy it?

Iehoshua
12-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Had we squeaked out wins against these teams, I may agree but the facts are, we obliterated all of them handily.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Pitt may play for homefield. Won't be a gimmee imo.

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

TedMock
12-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Your posts also shows your lack of knowledge...Its not if you win but how you win and the Bills have dominated their opponents the last 5 weeks...Their ranking is very fair

ESPN reported that in the last 5 weeks, we have 17 offensive TD's, 3 defensive TD's and 2 special teams TD's. So, you're right. It's how we win. The competition hasn't been as great as I'd like, but there's no doubt that we're winning the way we should, and that we've gotten quite a bit better regardless of competition. As Pride said, we don't pick the schedule, we just have to do our best. Plus, the way the league is right now, anybody can beat anybody.

TigerJ
12-21-2004, 12:34 PM
I think everyone knows that the teams Buffalo has beaten over the last several weeks were not Super Bowl contenders. Never the less Buffalo has been taking care of business, something New England did not do last night. Even bad teams like Miami can be dangerous. Knowing they had to win, or else, Buffalo has done exactly that. I am all too aware of the tough road Buffalo has ahead just to make the playoffs (if they get the help they need) and then to go through the playoffs and actually have some success. I still have great admiration for what they've done after looking so inept the first few weeks of the season and digging themselves such a humongous hole.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 12:37 PM
We win out and playoff opponents will take notice.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

DaBills
12-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor?

helmetguy
12-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Ah, another positive thread. If we were to win the Super Bowl, some of you would attribute it only to the other team's injuries, lucky calls, or the fortuitous alignment of the planets.

Every win gets us that much closer to TD's extension. Given how badly he screwed up by bringing in Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher, Adams, et al, the LAST thing we want to do is extend him, right? How can one enjoy a winning streak when we have THAT possibilty hanging over our heads?

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2004, 12:51 PM
no ****ing **** you stupid ******, 90% of the teams in the NFL suck or are average. What a stupid ******* post.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
The Bills schedule should look like this:

Sun., Sep. 12 INDIANAPOLIS
Sun., Sep. 19 at Philadelphia
Sun., Sep. 26 BYE WEEK
Sun., Oct. 3 NEW ENGLAND
Sun., Oct. 10 at New York Jets
Sun., Oct. 17 PHILADELPHIA
Sun., Oct. 24 at Baltimore
Sun., Oct. 31 PITTSBURGH
Sun., Nov. 7 NEW YORK JETS
Sun., Nov. 14 at New England
Sun., Nov. 21 INDIANAPOLIS
Sun., Nov. 28 at Pittsburgh
Sun., Dec. 5 at Indianapolis
Sun., Dec. 12 NEW ENGLAND
Sun., Dec. 19 at New England
Sun., Dec. 26 at Pittsburgh
Sun., Jan. 2 PITTSBURGH

Voltron
I thought this would be about our chances in making the playoffs. I did not realize how slim they were but here is what is going on with our chances.

FOR THE FOUR TEAMS TIED AT 8-6:

RAVENS, BRONCOS and JAGUARS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record.

RAVENS and JAGUARS win tiebreaker over BRONCOS due to strength of victory.

JAGUARS win tiebreaker over RAVENS due to record vs. common opponents. -- JAGUARS earn No. 6 spot.

RAVENS and BRONCOS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record.

RAVENS win tiebreaker over BRONCOS due to strength of victory. -- RAVENS earn No. 7 spot.

BRONCOS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record. -- BRONCOS earn No. 8 spot.

So while I am very excited at how well they are playing I am trying to keep myself grounded.

The King
We didnt get to play atlanta or san diego?

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
We didnt get to play atlanta or san diego?

OK, On four Wednesdays they need to play in Atlanta and San Diego and then play again the next Sunday.

Voltron
12-21-2004, 12:59 PM

:up: :hi5:

Voltron
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
The Bills schedule should look like this:

Sun., Sep. 12 INDIANAPOLIS
Sun., Sep. 19 at Philadelphia
Sun., Sep. 26 BYE WEEK
Sun., Oct. 3 NEW ENGLAND
Sun., Oct. 10 at New York Jets
Sun., Oct. 17 PHILADELPHIA
Sun., Oct. 24 at Baltimore
Sun., Oct. 31 PITTSBURGH
Sun., Nov. 7 NEW YORK JETS
Sun., Nov. 14 at New England
Sun., Nov. 21 INDIANAPOLIS
Sun., Nov. 28 at Pittsburgh
Sun., Dec. 5 at Indianapolis
Sun., Dec. 12 NEW ENGLAND
Sun., Dec. 19 at New England
Sun., Dec. 26 at Pittsburgh
Sun., Jan. 2 PITTSBURGH
:roflmao:

:hi5:

EDS
12-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Some one posted pretty much the exact same thread yesterday. The interesting thing is that during the Bills 5 game win streak the Steelers, Pats and Ravens all only had 1 victory against a winning team. Guess they suck too.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Some one posted pretty much the exact same thread yesterday. The interesting thing is that during the Bills 5 game win streak the Steelers, Pats and Ravens all only had 1 victory against a winning team. Guess they suck too.

Loaded statement imo. At 8-6, only the Ravens appear suspect.

Voltron
12-21-2004, 01:14 PM
The thing that most upsets me with the negative Nancy’s is that it seems to me they couldn’t find a silver lining in a jewelry store. I bet these people would find fault in the 72 Dolphins and a perfect season :shakeno:

1. We are having a winning season and the Bills are fun to watch again

2. We have scored more points in 5 games then the 1990 Bills did!

3. We have learned how to over come adversity and have come from behind on quite a few games this year.

4. The Bills are playing as a TEAM !!! The only stats that really matter are the Wins vs. Losses not who the win or loss was against, who scored the points, or who made mistakes. When you win all the other crap is a moot point.

5. We have a great coaching staff that has taken an 0-4 team and made them into one of the most feared teams in the NFL to play in December. I bet even Pitt is not looking forward to playing us!

The people that play this game are not super heroes. They are human. They make mistakes. Can you imagine what it would be like if every time you made a mistake at work that all your customers called for you to be fired and replaced by some one younger and less experienced just to make a change??

:spit:

Captain gameboy
12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Ya.....this blows.
I'd WAY rather lose to good teams than kill bad or mediocre teams.

Now that's fun.

Teams in the NFL are a lot closer to parity than in other leagues. We have taken a knee in at least three of our recent victories, or the scores would have been worse.

Nobody is going crazy over this, but the fact is that we use the same rules as everybody else and we are doing OK.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Can you imagine what it would be like if every time you made a mistake at work that all your customers called for you to be fired and replaced by some one younger and less experienced just to make a change??

:spit:

If I was paid 5 million? Say what you want!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SABURZFAN
12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor?

:roflmao:

CLASSIC STUFF!!!!!!! :up:

that gets a pos rep.

Voltron
12-21-2004, 01:43 PM
If I was paid 5 million? Say what you want!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Do you have 20 million people watching every thing you do and second guessing it? When you go to work do you have 70,000 people sitting around you watching you work?
Say what you want about what sports stars make. Personally I think it is crazy what they get paid but it is not their fault they won the DNA lottery.

If you want to complain about people making too much money I think you should start with Hollywood. At least sports stars put their bodies on the line every week. Hollywood is pampered and spoiled and still make ungodly amounts of money. Or how about the Media? I have taken Radio and TV broadcasting in college and it is not that hard to read type off a teleprompter. So many more people make ungodly amounts of money the last people I think of *****ing about is the NFL. At least the NFL has tried to reign in the salaries by having a salary cap.

Earthquake Enyart
12-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I find it amazing that people are surprised that a team would beat losing teams and lose to winning teams. :eek:

The same people are surprised when playoff stats are worse than regular season stats. Well, guess what, Einstein, losing teams aren't in the playoffs.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Do you have 20 million people watching every thing you do and second guessing it? When you go to work do you have 70,000 people sitting around you watching you work? So many more people make ungodly amounts of money the last people I think of *****ing about is the NFL.

Criticism comes with the spotlight and the huge salaries.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 01:50 PM
They have problems if fans hurt more than Ray Lewis.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Every win gets us that much closer to TD's extension. Given how badly he screwed up by bringing in Spikes, Milloy, Fletcher, Adams, et al, the LAST thing we want to do is extend him, right? How can one enjoy a winning streak when we have THAT possibilty hanging over our heads?
My sarcasticometer just red lined.

Morgoth
12-21-2004, 02:38 PM
I thought this would be about our chances in making the playoffs. I did not realize how slim they were but here is what is going on with our chances.

FOR THE FOUR TEAMS TIED AT 8-6:

RAVENS, BRONCOS and JAGUARS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record.

RAVENS and JAGUARS win tiebreaker over BRONCOS due to strength of victory.

JAGUARS win tiebreaker over RAVENS due to record vs. common opponents. -- JAGUARS earn No. 6 spot.

RAVENS and BRONCOS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record.

RAVENS win tiebreaker over BRONCOS due to strength of victory. -- RAVENS earn No. 7 spot.

BRONCOS win tiebreaker over BILLS due to conference record. -- BRONCOS earn No. 8 spot.

So while I am very excited at how well they are playing I am trying to keep myself grounded.

Actually, the Ravens and the Jaguars have us with the head to head victory first. Denver has us by a better conference record. The Jags have the advantage over Denver by head to head victroy and presently have advantage over the Ravens by a better common games record. Denver presently has advantage over the Ravens with a better record in common games. Of the 4 teams playing for the final wild card Buffalo has advantage over no one.

finsrclowns
12-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I bet these people would find fault in the 72 Dolphins and a perfect season :shakeno:

Well, the combined winning percentage of their opponents was only .436 and several of those games they were fortunate to win. :snicker2:

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, the combined winning percentage of their opponents was only .436 and several of those games they were fortunate to win. :snicker2:
Spoken like a true Zoner.

Bruce is Loose
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Only beating 1 out of 8 with a winning record tells me that the Bills are over-rated.

please name those 8... i count jets (2x), pats (2x), jax, baltimore
1-6... please get your facts right at least

plus, stlouis and seattle were winning teams when we played them

Voltron
12-21-2004, 02:58 PM
:sigh:

:snicker:

Voltron
12-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Actually, the Ravens and the Jaguars have us with the head to head victory first. Denver has us by a better conference record. The Jags have the advantage over Denver by head to head victroy and presently have advantage over the Ravens by a better common games record. Denver presently has advantage over the Ravens with a better record in common games. Of the 4 teams playing for the final wild card Buffalo has advantage over no one.
I got that right from sportingnews.com I would hope they were right or else they best start to look for new jobs :D

Morgoth
12-21-2004, 03:10 PM
I got that right from sportingnews.com I would hope they were right or else they best start to look for new jobs :D

Then they better start looking. Head to head wins always count first. So, if the Sporting News said that the Raven and the Jags had us by better conference records they do but they also have us by H-T-H wins which is the first tiebreak.

I'm fairly certain about the other ones I mentioned as well. I went through all the schedules and looked at all the wins and losses and that's how it worked out.

SoCalBillsFan
12-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Maybe next time we should just lose these games. What's the point if the other teams aren't very good, right?

Dozerdog
12-21-2004, 03:50 PM
The thing that most upsets me with the negative Nancy’s is that it seems to me they couldn’t find a silver lining in a jewelry store. I bet these people would find fault in the 72 Dolphins and a perfect season

Funny you mention that-

The 72 Dolphins went 14-0 in the regular season , but only played 2 games against teams with a winning record- the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants, whom both finished the season 8-6 and did not qualify for the playoffs.

Contrast that to last year's Patriots, whom went 5-0 in games against teams that had 12-4 records (Philly, Titans twice, Colts Twice) and were 10-0 against teams that had double digit wins on the year (including playoffs)

chernobylwraiths
12-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Then they better start looking. Head to head wins always count first. So, if the Sporting News said that the Raven and the Jags had us by better conference records they do but they also have us by H-T-H wins which is the first tiebreak.

I'm fairly certain about the other ones I mentioned as well. I went through all the schedules and looked at all the wins and losses and that's how it worked out.

I think when there are more than one team tied, they throw out the head to head and go to conference records.

Dozerdog
12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
First they break divisional ties, then go to conference record.

For example- If Denver, Baltimore, NY Jets, and Bills all finish at 10-6, the Bills & Jets would be squarded off in tiebreakers, and the winner is then put up against the other two. Then you go to conference records

Typ0
12-21-2004, 04:04 PM

This isn't true about the superbowl. But we aren't even going to make the playoffs so we won't have a chance to prove it.

DaBills
12-21-2004, 04:11 PM
But we aren't even going to make the playoffs so we won't have a chance to prove it.

It's Christmas time Theo - the time for miracles!

And the movie is...

Goldengriff85
12-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Something else I haven't seen anyone else factor in is that there is a distinct possibility that the Jets could end up 10-6. They face the Pats next week and they close against St Louis. That final game is in St Louis, they have Bulger back and they're in a fight for their playoff life as well. What's important here is that we have the tie-breaker over the Jets. That could potentially leave open 2 wild card spots.

I'm fairly certain that this is accurate. I know someone out there can confirm this for me.

The_Philster
12-21-2004, 05:13 PM

most of us can...it's an obnoxiously vocal minority who still harp on such stupid arguments

My sarcasticometer just red lined.mine blew up :eek:

G. Host
12-21-2004, 06:21 PM

Of the 4 teams who are not the Jets playing for the final wild card Buffalo has advantage over no one. The Jets have not locked up a spot yet and if they lose remaining games Buffalo ties with them and have the advantage due to common opponents.

shotgun
12-21-2004, 06:39 PM
WHY EVEN BOTHER BEING A SPORTS FAN IF WERE NOT ALLOWED TO GET EXCITED ABOUT OUR TEAM HAVEING A SHOT @ THE PLAYOFFS AND WINNING 5 STRIGHT AND 8 OUT OF 10 AND BEING THE TALK OF THE NFL .. THATS NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT WTF SOME OF U FANS ARE FED IN THE HEAD

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2004, 06:47 PM

Bengals 6-8
Browns 3-11
Miami 3-11
Seattle 7-7
Rams 6-8

Arizona 5-9
Miami 3-11

Thanks for shedding light on something that no one cares about. Good work. The bills play who is on their schedule and they are winning and are alive for the playoffs. If you are a fan of the Bills why wouldn't that make you excited? Especially after the last 5 or so years. Stop wasting our time please.

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2004, 06:49 PM
WHY EVEN BOTHER BEING A SPORTS FAN IF WERE NOT ALLOWED TO GET EXCITED ABOUT OUR TEAM HAVEING A SHOT @ THE PLAYOFFS AND WINNING 5 STRIGHT AND 8 OUT OF 10 AND BEING THE TALK OF THE NFL .. THATS NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT WTF SOME OF U FANS ARE FED IN THE HEAD

Some people are eternal pessimists and get off on trying to bring everyone else down. It is sad really.

BillsFever21
12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Over the past few years we've ended us hanving one of the hardest schedules every year and people *****ed about that. Now we luck out from an easy schedule for once and everyone *****es.

We can't play the teams three times. This is more like what our schedule should be like.

1. @ New Engand
2. @ Philadelphia
3. BYE
4. NEW ENGLAND
5. @ San Diego
6. @ Atlanta
7. SAN DIEGO
8, @Pittsburgh
9, JETS
1o. MINNESOTA
11. @ Colts
12. PHILADELPHIA
13. COLTS
14. @ Minnesota
15. PITTSBURGH
16. ATLANTA
17. @ Jets

unpaid_bills
12-21-2004, 07:14 PM
the saddest part about that whole discussion is i read most of the posts.

Just enjoy the games for what they are. All the teams in the NFL are good. Look at last night Miami beat the so called unbeatable Pats thats why they play the games

:chuk:

NapalmDeath
12-22-2004, 01:48 AM
the saddest part about that whole discussion is i read most of the posts.

Just enjoy the games for what they are. All the teams in the NFL are good. Look at last night Miami beat the so called unbeatable Pats thats why they play the games

:chuk:

The sports media is already calling it a mulligan.

Too bad it very well could be a mulligan that cost them homefield advantage. Not to mention it was a against a 2 - 11 team at the time. :snicker:

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2004, 02:35 AM
The sports media is already calling it a mulligan.

Too bad it very well could be a mulligan that cost them homefield advantage. Not to mention it was a against a 2 - 11 team at the time. :snicker:
damn straight, and you know what....... i have no pity for ne, because thats usually the fashion that they win.... ugly in close games

in the same token should we lose out somehow in close games...... in each one "the better team one"

this will be a great stretch of football ahead :-D

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 06:42 AM
Any mention of the 72 Dolphins makes my blood boil. We should have beaten them twice that year. :mad:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-22-2004, 07:50 AM
This thread goes to the heart of the stupid fan issue. The fan that before the game against the poor team states that "this is a trap game" because they think their team will be looking past the poor team....and then after their team gives the poor team a drubbing....they give their team no credit because the poor team didn't "come to play".

You can't have everything both ways.

So we lost some games before the team found itself. So our opponents have not won a lot of games. Today's NFL is all about parity. Before you factor in injuries and the resultant playing time for those who have not had much practice with their teammates, when two teams line up there is EVERY chance that either team can win.

So if you are not satisfied until we go undeafeated beating every team 52-0....you are a stupid fan. If you don't understand that getting a group of 53 adult males to play as a team for 16 weeks without a missed step is impossible, you don't understand the game. Period.

A five game win streak is evidence of a team that is playing together....and these guys aren't squeeking past poor opponents...they are dominating them in all three phases of the game.

GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT and then sit back and enjoy the distant possibility that if everything rolls our way....we can make it to the Playoffs....and once you get there...anything can happen. Isn't it enough that you have to watch the last couple of weeks with hope instead of just evaluating the second stringers?

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 08:03 AM
This thread goes to the heart of the stupid fan issue. The fan that before the game against the poor team states that "this is a trap game" because they think their team will be looking past the poor team....and then after their team gives the poor team a drubbing....they give their team no credit because the poor team didn't "come to play".

So we lost some games before the team found itself. So our opponents have not won a lot of games. Today's NFL is all about parity. Before you factor in injuries and the resultant playing time for those who have not had much practice with their teammates, when two teams line up there is EVERY chance that either team can win.

So if you are not satisfied until we go undeafeated beating every team 52-0....you are a stupid fan. If you don't understand that getting a group of 53 adult males to play as a team for 16 weeks without a missed step is impossible, you don't understand the game. Period.

A five game win streak is evidence of a team that is playing together....and these guys aren't squeeking past poor opponents...they are dominating them in all three phases of the game.

GIVE THEM SOME CREDIT and then sit back and enjoy the distant possibility that if everything rolls our way....we can make it to the Playoffs....and once you get there...anything can happen. Isn't it enough that you have to watch the last couple of weeks with hope instead of just evaluating the second stringers?
:bf1:

Dozerdog
12-22-2004, 08:11 AM

Post of the year!!!

finsrclowns
12-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Funny you mention that-

The 72 Dolphins went 14-0 in the regular season , but only played 2 games against teams with a winning record- the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants, whom both finished the season 8-6 and did not qualify for the playoffs.

Contrast that to last year's Patriots, whom went 5-0 in games against teams that had 12-4 records (Philly, Titans twice, Colts Twice) and were 10-0 against teams that had double digit wins on the year (including playoffs)

This year's Bills could kick the '72 Dolphins @sses! Most overrated team of all time! BUT if I were a fish fan (perish the thought) I'd be cracking open a bottle right along with those guys once a year because winning games is what it's all about, not style points. The guys that make thousands of posts, 99.9913% of which are negative and QB related make this board less enjoyable for me to read. It's about TEAM. This team of ours is showing signs of coming together. That means they have a CHANCE of beating anyone. As a fan, do you really need any more than that? My advice? Take 3 Budweisers and enjoy the game on Sunday. :clap:

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 08:30 AM

Wow! Very nice!

But let’s remember that this is an Internet message board! Anybody can come in and post. It’s blatantly obvious that a few on this board post things just to piss others off. Who knows why they do it, maybe their daddy didn’t show them enough love or something. Regardless, by responding to this crap it only encourages these people to continue doing what they’re doing.

Think about it, there are probably millions of Bills fans on the planet and yet we get upset when 3 or 4 guys on a message board don’t like our QB or think we stink because over a 5 game winning streak in which we’ve beaten teams by an average of 21 points, the teams we played weren’t very good! WHO CARES!

These guys just want attention. Maybe they get so nervous about the season that they set themselves up for a fall so that any possible letdown won’t be so hard to handle. Maybe they’re the hypercritical types that would ground their children for getting an A-. Who knows what makes these people tick?

One of them actually named themselves Mr. Cynical. He’s basically telling you that he’s just hear to piss you off! “Hi, I’m going to ***** and moan about everything in order to get you people to get all worked up.

Another has been named Tackling Dummy because he has a hard on for Doug Flutie and now hates every other quarterback on the planet. That’s some scary, “Single White Female” stuff right there.

I for the most part ignore this stuff. I’m just in a mood today!

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2004, 08:34 AM

One of the best posts I have read in a long time!!!!!

JD
12-22-2004, 09:26 AM

Bengals 6-8
Browns 3-11
Miami 3-11
Seattle 7-7
Rams 6-8

Arizona 5-9
Miami 3-11

EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATION

TacklingDummy
12-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Your a complete douchebag, they play whos on the schedule....get the **** off the forums if all your going to do is talk trash.

You ignorant piece of ****, I cant stand people like you.

Nice.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but that is a weak argument. Withiout quoting stats, I'd say this would be true of just about every team with a winning record. NE played an almost identical schedule as the Bills this season.

Yes your right, While the Bills only beat 1 team over .500.(Not to mention the 1 over .500 team they beat was without the Jets starting QB) The Patroits have beat the Bills 8-6 twice, the Jets 10-4 (hopefully twice), Colts 11-3, Ravens 8-6, the Seahawks when they were over .500, KC no easy task.

Your arguement is weak.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2004, 12:22 PM
please name those 8... i count jets (2x), pats (2x), jax, baltimore
1-6... please get your facts right at least

plus, stlouis and seattle were winning teams when we played them

Bills have 8 wins, 1 against a winning team. 6 loses Pats (2x), Jets,Jags, Ravens, Raiders.

So bills are 1-6 against winning teams
And 6-1 against losers.

Patroits are 6-1 against winning teams
And 6-1 against losers.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Yes your right, While the Bills only beat 1 team over .500.(Not to mention the 1 over .500 team they beat was without the Jets starting QB) The Patroits have beat the Bills 8-6 twice, the Jets 10-4 (hopefully twice), Colts 11-3, Ravens 8-6, the Seahawks when they were over .500, KC no easy task.

Your arguement is weak.

I don't know why I am biting at such an idiotic thing, but when the Pats played the Bills, the Bills record was 0-3 and then 3-5. How does that help your argument? The Colts were .500 at the time too.

TacklingDummy
12-22-2004, 02:31 PM
The Colts were .500 at the time too.

Actually the Colts were a losing team. Since it was the first game of the year.

EDS
12-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Actually the Colts were a losing team. Since it was the first game of the year.

Seattle had a winning record when the Bills beat them, and I think the Rams were at least .500 (don't quote me on that though). Also, when the Bills beat the Jets Pennington played 3/4 of the game and he was then knocked out of action. Carter did lead the Jets on a touchdown drive in relief.

Voltron
12-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Some people are eternal pessimists and get off on trying to bring everyone else down. It is sad really.
*cough* Wys *cough*

:ontome:

pjw
12-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Your arguement is weak.
didnt the bills Knock Pennington from the second game?
this is from excite.com recap. "The Jets' problems might be worse than the game's outcome. Quarterback Chad Pennington bruised his right shoulder and did not return after he was sacked for a 13-yard loss midway through the fourth quarter." So I guess that it is your argument that is weak. Thanks for playing but you lose. Get your facts strait before making dumb statements please.

BuffaloRanger
12-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Look at Philly. They are 13-2 (counting their JV loss to the Rams)

The only teams (that have a winning record now) that they beat were

Minn (8-7)
Balt (8-7) in a 15-10 squeaker
GB (9-6)

They also barely got by...

Week 14 (5-10) Wash 17-14
Week 15 (6-9) Dallas 12-7

The Bills have crushed weak teams, not just beat them. If not for a few merciful kneel downs the Bills could easily have a 6 game streak of 45+ points scored a game.

That is impressive.

G. Host
12-30-2004, 01:04 AM
OK, On four Wednesdays they need to play in Atlanta and San Diego and then play again the next Sunday.

That is too easy! We should have to play Sunday early game and fly to West coast and play night game! And the Bills would STILL win if TacklingDummy was opposing QB!