• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

Mularky...

I must have been one of the first person to be against the signing of M Mularky. I was even one of the first to call for his head after the 0-4 start. However, I have to eat crow and admit that he was a damn good signing as a coach. And after listening to him last night during the Mike Mularky show, I gained alot of respect for him.

Was everyone else as opposed to Mike when we got him as I was? And how does everyone feel hes done as a coach thus far?
    [
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I have already had my portion of crow on this topic.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

I was a little miffed at first just because of who was out there as far as coachs were concerned but now I think we got the best of them. First he was not afraid to go out and get experienced coachs. Next he just never gave up when we were down and never gave into wilson's remarks im sure that not many rookie coaches would have done that. So I have become a solid Mularkey supporter.

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

I thought it was a bit of blatant favoritism on Donahoe's part by hiring someone with previous ties. I still choose not to fully judge the move til Mularkey has a year under his belt. I'm pleased with the results so far however, along with the entire staff!

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
          I thought it was a bit of blatant favoritism on Donahoe's part by hiring someone with previous ties. I still choose not to fully judge the move til Mularkey has a year under his belt. I'm pleased with the results so far however, along with the entire staff!
          I agree it did seem like blatant favoritism on TD's part. I can't complain about how MM's done so far though.

The only thing I wish is that they'd throw the ball deep to LE more often. Seems to work about 75% of the time that they do, and it really spreads the defense out. One thing this also does is back the corner off of LE and many times we run outside to LE's side, and there is then no corner near the line of scrimmage to stop the run.
          [

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Anybody still prefer Coughlin?

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
              Anybody still prefer Coughlin?
              Hell NO! He put Eli Manning above the team and that move single handedly took the Giants out of the playoffs.

Comment

• DaBills
                • Sep 2004

Bills make playoffs, then potential Coach of the Year candidate.

“The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

my first response was "who?" then i was pissed because we didnt wait the week to the superbowl to get charlie weis...boy am i glad i was wrong.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I am eating some crow, I wanted Charlie Weiss. I will see what happens in the next couple of years before I put Mularkey in the Hall Of Fame though.

Comment

• DaBills
                      • Sep 2004

"Was everyone else as opposed to Mike when we got him as I was?"

I hated TD more for repeating his rookie coach experiment.
                      Last edited by DaBills; 12-21-2004, 06:55 PM.
                      “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• willis_mchenry
                        • Apr 2004

How smart does he look now for saying that the Bills weren't out of the playoff race. Most of us figured the season was over. I guess that is why he is the head coach!

Comment

• danny4804
                          AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
                          • Dec 2003

Guilty...I wanted Lovie!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Lovie is a darn good coach.

If we only hired John Fox, instead of manboobs.

I'm not sold on Mullarkey. The 12 men on the field challenge was stupid. 2 QB draws with Drew are stupid. The fake FG was stupid.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              Lovie is a darn good coach.

If we only hired John Fox, instead of manboobs.

I'm not sold on Mullarkey. The 12 men on the field challenge was stupid. 2 QB draws with Drew are stupid. The fake FG was stupid.
                              Those two QB draws were probably two of our best running plays of the game. I wish we'd run that play every game. We always seem to get at least 5 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X