• Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

A CAP ON TICKET PRICES???

but it's all about the money.

Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • NapalmDeath
    • Aug 2004

The players union better get their head out of their ass:

"The NHL did warm up to those 24 percent salary rollbacks that were part of the NHLPA proposal, adapting them as part of a quickly rejected counteroffer."

"But instead of making them across the board, the league came up with a soak-the-rich system that placed the payback burden only on players earning more than $800,000 this season -- about half the 700 in the league."

"Under that, keep it all. Over that, pay from 15 percent to 35 percent, depending on how big a paycheck."

So 350 out of 700 would not be affected....Kinda lets you know who is REALLY calling the shots here. How is that not a fair offer there? So Tie Domi deserves to be paid more than Wayne Gretzky ever was? (Maybe not the best example but I think you can see my point)

"Among the Sharks, only goalie Evgeni Nabokov would have coughed up more salary under the NHL's method. His $4.425 million salary would have dropped to $3.36 million under the NHLPA plan and $3.09 million after a 30 percent hit under the Bettman system.

Seven players earning from $2 million to $2.55 million would lose the same amount either way. Everyone else would have benefited.

Divide and conquer, eh?

Won't work, said Sharks forward Mark Smith, who was set to earn $535,000 this year. The NHLPA wanted him to give up $128,400 of that.

"I'm willing to make the sacrifice," he said. "Hockey players are loyal to the people we play with and play against. We're not going to crack."

Obviously they are not loyal to the actual people who do pay their salaries. Us fans

NHLPA

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
      "I'm willing to make the sacrifice," he said. "Hockey players are loyal to the people we play with and play against. We're not going to crack."

Loyal to people we play with? Yeah, just ask Todd Bertuzzi, Brad May, Marty McSorley, etc. how loyal they are to the guys they play with. Give it up you POS a-holes and open your eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍