PDA

View Full Version : $75K fine for Darius

Bill Brasky
12-21-2004, 03:19 PM
WOW that's a crapload of dough... no suspension though.

juice
12-21-2004, 03:30 PM
WOW that's a crapload of dough... no suspension though.That's Bulls**t.. He should've got a game at least.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Take it easy on my Syracuse guy. I'm sure he didn't mean to injure Ferguson.

Valerie
12-21-2004, 03:35 PM
That was one nasty hit though, intentional or not. He was ejected from the game and it's a good thing too! I was actually watching that game when it happened. The guy he hit was out cold. I was surprised he actually kept possession of the ball. I never heard what happened to the guy he hit. Is he okay?

Jayhawk
12-21-2004, 03:39 PM
still in the hospital, and he's fine, I think.

Valerie
12-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks! Anytime I see a guy being wheeled off on a stretcher, I worry.:( It was so touching to see him with his thumb up as he was being wheeled off the field. I'm glad to hear he's okay.

R. Rich
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Good guy, bad play.

He should've been fined. Suspension? Maybe, but I've seen worse hits that go with no punishment at all.

Dozerdog
12-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, the NFL offices continue to drop the Ball. Last year it was Warren Sapp nearly paralyzing Chad Clifton of the Packers with a dirty shot, now Donovan Darius gets a pass.

I swear, they almost want another Darryl Stingly. Someone is going to literally kill someone else on the playing field (or Rink or BB Court) one of these days. They treat QBs like they are part of the special olympics (Don't hit them, don't touch them, don't even call them a bad name....give them all a "You tried your hardest " ribbon) yet they will literally condone this crap.

I wonder if it was Terrell Owens or Tom Brady out for the year on a Cheap hit that the NFL would do something.

If you suspend someone for a season maybe they will wise up.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2004, 05:15 PM
i think he should have been suspended for the year too.

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-21-2004, 05:31 PM
It was a reckless hit but thats football. It's a violent game and everyone who plays knows that. That is all I have to say.

STAMPY
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM
it was an illegal hit, dumbass

Turf
12-21-2004, 07:19 PM
He had no feelings in his legs when he was giving the thumbs up being carted off the field, but he regained feeling on the way to or at the hospital, I can't remember. He appears to be OK.

I think a 1-2 game if not more suspension should have been handed out.

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2004, 02:42 AM
i've seen helmet to helmet hits that were much worse then that, again like someone said earlier that is football

while yes its one of those hits that was worse than it was, do remember that it was quite cold, which can also add to the brunt of a hit, and can cause the muscles to cramp up upon impact

i thought he would get at least A GAME, but just like the league offices stated, this was his first offense, obviously anything in the future would be a suspension

Dozerdog
12-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Yeah...you got to paralyze 2 people before getting busted

Hemlepp53
12-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Good guy, bad play.

He should've been fined. Suspension? Maybe, but I've seen worse hits that go with no punishment at all.

I agree.. I've seen worse. Big Warren Sapp put a hatemaker hit on a Packer last season I think. He got a lot of Sh** because of it but If I remember correctly he didnt get fined or suspended. He just got trashed in the Media.. I personally think its part of the game... Having played Defense at LB position I understand fully what took place. It might of been avoidable or measures taken to lessen the impact, but it wasnt an option. I do not for one second think he tried to take him out of the game....

I dunno where I'm heading with this... I guess BOTTOM LINE is.. Football is a Contact Sport. During a football game fights break out all the time people are purposelly hurt and trash is talked... Everygame I have ever been in or gone to watch... And guess what FOLKS.. all the above has been done by US.. THE FANS!!! Ya Feel Me?

OpIv37
12-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Is there a video of this yet? I haven't had time to watch Sportscenter or NFL Network this week.