• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Texans can beat jags!!!

they did it once already this year. Gave up 0 td's. 20-6 i believe was final. Carr has played well this year and Dommanick davis has started rolling. Lets go TEXAN's if you win i won't bash GW for a year :)
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Go Texans!

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

You know what? They're actually still mathematically alive along with the Chiefs. As long as Denver loses saturday night, the Texans can still go into the game with playoff hopes, as slim as they might be. So at least that would be some extra motivation because in the NFL it ain't over til it's over.

Man, I really feel like this is the most important game, and if the Texans win we'll be in the playoffs.

Go Texans!!!

Comment

• fushetti
        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
        • Feb 2003

LETS GO TEXANS
        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

That's the spirit!!!

Beat them lucky referee wanting them to be in playoff Jags!!

Somewhere, some organized crime figure, has a ton of money on the Jags.......
          Last edited by Turf; 12-21-2004, 08:15 PM.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

The Raven game vs the Steelers is also very big. Steelers win, and they have no incentive to play their best against us. They lock up the home field.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              The Raven game vs the Steelers is also very big. Steelers win, and they have no incentive to play their best against us. They lock up the home field.
              Agreed. While there are alot of important games (us beating SF being obviously the most important) I think the Pitt game (as a single game) has the most impact for us.

If Pitt beats the Raven, they will have locked up home field and will definitely not risk their starters (for long) in Buffalo. They also put the Ravens at 8-7, so they can't get 10-6.

I mentioned this in my other thread:

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                If Pitt beats the Raven, they will have locked up home field and will definitely not risk their starters (for long) in Buffalo.
                how do you know so much about what Cowher will do?

Because quite frankly, as big as his ego is, there's a very good chance he'll try to win this as if it meant something
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  how do you know so much about what Cowher will do?

Because quite frankly, as big as his ego is, there's a very good chance he'll try to win this as if it meant something
                  For once, I agree with Mr C

Cower isn't an idiot. I'm sure the 2001 AFC Championship game, when he faced the Pats with a nicked up Jerome Bettis is fresh in his mind. The guy was taking pain shots for his groin and was iffy to start the game. Without the Bus battering the Pat's D, the Steelers lost control of that game. A Game without Tom Brady for over a half.

Right now Staley is hurting, Plaxico Burris is hurting, and he can't afford to lose anyone else.

Also, he has a rookie QB and a vet backup who has not seen action in almost 4 months. I would think it is imperitive, if the opportunity presents itself, to get his backup action. If Roethlesberger gets hurt, or tosses 3 interceptions in the first quarter of a game, Cower will need a sharp Maddox off the bench.

I really don't understand people coming up with nonsensical reasons why people do stuff.

"This GM won't cut so and so because of his ego"

"The QB won't be a backup because of his ego"

"Coach so and so won't bench what's his face because he's egotistical"

WTF qualifies anyone to make those statements? They don't have a clue what goes on behind the scenes. It's ******ed.

{Post edited for accuracy)
                  Last edited by Dozerdog; 12-21-2004, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

My error, it was a groin, not a knee

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      For once, I agree with Mr C
                      Somewhere in Kansas a pig just flew out of a barn window.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i hope that pitt does play their starters.. i dont want to back into ****.. i want to whip pitts ass in buffalo and make the playoffs because we beat one of the best teams.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• NapalmDeath
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          i hope that pitt does play their starters.. i dont want to back into ****.. i want to whip pitts ass in buffalo and make the playoffs because we beat one of the best teams.

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                            • Sep 2003

I agree with "T"! I am not scared to play Pitt in dec. in our backyard with the 12th man! Our defense has done a pretty good job of feasting on rookie QB's and welcome big ben to the ralph!

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              Agreed. While there are alot of important games (us beating SF being obviously the most important) I think the Pitt game (as a single game) has the most impact for us.

If Pitt beats the Raven, they will have locked up home field and will definitely not risk their starters (for long) in Buffalo. They also put the Ravens at 8-7, so they can't get 10-6.

I mentioned this in my other thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=62234
                              As far as this weekend goes, I think one could argue that the Jets/Pats game is the most important game too. If the Jets win this weekend they automatically clinch a playoff spot and we won't be able to catch them. At least with Denver, Jax and Baltimore, even if they all win this weekend, both wildcard spots are still up for grabs assuming we beat the 9ers and the Pats beat the Jets.

I guess you could argue that there's no chance the Jets lose to St. Louis in the last game, but you never know. Hopefully the Rams are still in the playoff hunt in the final week, so it's important that they win this weekend too. We should all root against the Saints and Carolina this weekend too.

It's pretty cool that there are so many important games this weekend that could somehow have an impact on the Bills playoff chances, even NFC games.

Comment

Working...
                              X