PDA

View Full Version : The Bills could be in control of their own fate before they even play the 9ers!

Ed
12-21-2004, 07:17 PM
I didn't realize until today when I actually looked at the schedule that we have the last game this weekend of the teams we're battling for a wildcard spot. Denver plays saturday night, and Baltimore and Jax both play at 1:00 on Sunday. That means it's possible that by 4:00 on sunday the Bills could move into the last playoff spot before they even kickoff against the 9ers. How awesome would that be to go into this game knowing that if we win our last two we're in no matter what anyone else does.

I think having to watch the Pitt game and scoreboard watch at the same time would be too much.

Go Bills!

CuseJetsFan83
12-21-2004, 10:55 PM
that is only if all teams lose, and with teh exception of saturdays game........ i honestly think mularkey will do what herman edwards did a few years ago, when there was that 3-way tie for the division title in week 17 when new england, miami, and the jets tied by not letting players listen and had the stadium people not allow scores or annoucements about that game be read.

media shutouts, gotta love them :-)

mybills
12-22-2004, 08:29 AM
cuse, was that the same year the Jets knocked NE out of the playoffs?

Ed
12-22-2004, 08:38 AM
that is only if all teams lose, and with teh exception of saturdays game........ i honestly think mularkey will do what herman edwards did a few years ago, when there was that 3-way tie for the division title in week 17 when new england, miami, and the jets tied by not letting players listen and had the stadium people not allow scores or annoucements about that game be read.

media shutouts, gotta love them :-)

Right, they would all have to lose, which I'm not counting on happening I just thought it was cool that the three other teams in the chase have to play before us. I guess the same things true for the Jets since they play at 4 PM also. You guys could clinch a playoff spot before your game against the Pats even kicks off.

Jimbuktu
12-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh, all three are going to lose (at least 2 will)! It is destiny my friends, DESTINY! BELIEVE!

mybills
12-22-2004, 09:17 AM
I have that gut feeling too, Jim. :eek:

jamze132
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
What happens if all 3 teams win??? Then where do we stand??? Lets all shut the f up about this and see what happens.

BAM
12-22-2004, 11:21 AM
no

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Even if they all lose we still have to win out, no?

Cntrygal
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
I didn't realize until today when I actually looked at the schedule that we have the last game this weekend of the teams we're battling for a wildcard spot. Denver plays saturday night, and Baltimore and Jax both play at 1:00 on Sunday. That means it's possible that by 4:00 on sunday the Bills could move into the last playoff spot before they even kickoff against the 9ers. How awesome would that be to go into this game knowing that if we win our last two we're in no matter what anyone else does.

I think having to watch the Pitt game and scoreboard watch at the same time would be too much.

Go Bills!

SWEET!!!!!

Expansion Blues
12-22-2004, 01:04 PM
We have a ton of Bills fans on our message board (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=5270) who are cheering us on this week against JacksonVILE. The Texans do not like that team. We are looking to sweep them this year. I hope we can do you guys a favor. Good luck in your push to the playoffs. If you make it you join my old Oilers as the only team to ever start 0-4 and make the playoffs. We had an 11 game winning streak that year.

Good luck,
Vinny

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
We have a ton of Bills fans on our message board (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=5270) who are cheering us on this week against JacksonVILE. The Texans do not like that team. We are looking to sweep them this year. I hope we can do you guys a favor. Good luck in your push to the playoffs. If you make it you join my old Oilers as the only team to ever start 0-4 and make the playoffs. We had an 11 game winning streak that year.

Good luck,
Vinny

PLEASE LET THE TEXANS WIN!!!!!!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 01:10 PM
:lolpoint: Oilers

Expansion Blues
12-22-2004, 01:12 PM
:lolpoint: Oilers You can take the Oilers out of Houston but you cant take the Oilers out of the Titans. :loser:

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:15 PM
:lolpoint: Oilers

LMAO! Karma be damned!

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I believe that the last game the Oilers ever played was right there at the Ralph. And that was the last time I've been at the Ralph too.

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:17 PM
I believe that the last game the Oilers ever played was right there at the Ralph. And that was the last time I've been at the Ralph too.

Christmas Eve in 1994????

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Christmas Eve in 1994????

Didn't Odd Todd get the start?

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 01:19 PM
It snowed like hell. The Oilers were playing the string out.

I want to say Reich played, but I could be wrong.

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:24 PM
It snowed like hell. The Oilers were playing the string out.

I want to say Reich played, but I could be wrong.

It was 95, 28-17 we lost. I knew the game was meaningless but I thought it was because we were out. But that's not true. It was meaningless but we were in.

I thought everyone was excited because Todd Collins was getting his first start and we were all going to get a look at the future! Yeah, hell of a look!

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 01:27 PM
The only thing I remember about the game (except for the dozens of fat guys with their shirts off in the snow storm) is that I took Mom, who is a big fan. We always used to park at ECC because it was easier to get out of there after the game to go south to Eden. When we were walking over to the game Mom did a full gainer over a guard rail. Landed flat on her back. :snicker:

We still talk about that.

Patrick76777
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
The only thing I remember about the game (except for the dozens of fat guys with their shirts off in the snow storm) is that I took Mom, who is a big fan. We always used to park at ECC because it was easier to get out of there after the game to go south to Eden. When we were walking over to the game Mom did a full gainer over a guard rail. Landed flat on her back. :snicker:

We still talk about that.

ROTFLMAO at you laughing at your mom falling!

Earthquake Enyart
12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
ROTFLMAO at you laughing at your mom falling!
I still ROTFLMAO just thinking about it. It happened 10 years ago!

The_Philster
12-22-2004, 04:15 PM
It was 95, 28-17 we lost. I knew the game was meaningless but I thought it was because we were out. But that's not true. It was meaningless but we were in.

I thought everyone was excited because Todd Collins was getting his first start and we were all going to get a look at the future! Yeah, hell of a look!
you notice that the next week in Pittsburgh, Collins wasn't the guy coming in off the bench when Kelly went out for a series and a half...it was AVP :D