PDA

View Full Version : It's Pro Bowl day

northernbillfan
12-22-2004, 04:38 AM
The NFL announces who goes to big all star game in Feb. later today.

Who do you see making it from the team?

Was it too late for McGahee to be named?

Is Moorman going to be the only Bills?

Doesn't McGee deserve to go?

Why wouldn't you vote for Adams or Williams?

Spikes is looking a lot like Jamal Lewis and deserves a vote too.

Bottom line, don't get too disappointed in who does and doesn't make it from the team.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Spikes, Adams and McGee probably go. Moorman may be the best punter in the league, but the swirling winds of Orchard Park prevent him from putting up the really big numbers, so he may never get in. Those all important statistics just aren't there.

McGahee doesn't have the numbers, either. Fletcher and Clements probably have too much competition; Milloy missed too much time; Williams won't go if Adams does; and Moulds simply is not deserving this year.

The King
12-22-2004, 06:43 AM
I would love to see some Bills in Hawaii but it doesnt really matter we are playing like a team and there is no one single handedly carry us. However TKO's stats are too good to be ignored so I think he is a shue-in, although I really like Donnie Edwards here as well. Everyone else is very questionable, it depends on how the team did getting the word out about guys like Moorman and McGee. McGee could very easily be looked over earning Hall another visit. Fletchers stats are great but he will be overlooked again.

I know we all keep talking about Sam and Pat... but what about Aaron his stats look much better than both our DT's

Sam Adams 1-INT 1-FF 4-Sacks 35-Tack
Pat Williams 1-INT 1-TD 1-FR 1.5-Sacks 40-Tackles
Aaron Schobel 0-INT 5-FF 1-FR 8-Sacks 64-Tackles

I do think Lawyer Milloy is playing better than almost any Safety in the league right now but he did miss too much time early on.

McGahee doesnt stand a chance he probably started gathering votes a little too late. Not too mention there are quite a few backs better than him right now... Dillon(is a Pro Bowl lock), James, Martin, LT and Rudi to name a few. Maybe next year for Big Willie Style, but there are a lot of good RB's in the AFC so there should always be competition.

Dozerdog
12-22-2004, 06:49 AM
McGee, Moorman,Spikes,maybe Adams, ...and oh yeah...Ruben Brown...

Moulds isn't even the best WR on our team of late, McGahee isn't going over Edgerrin James, Curtis Martin, Fred Taylor, or Corey Dillon. Heck, Even the "bus" - Bettis- has an edge on him. The only way he goes if 2 or 3 of threse guys go deep in the playoffs and get nicked up a bit.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2004, 06:57 AM
I know we all keep talking about Sam and Pat... but what about Aaron his stats look much better than both our DT's

Sam Adams 1-INT 1-FF 4-Sacks 35-Tack
Pat Williams 1-INT 1-TD 1-FR 1.5-Sacks 40-Tackles
Aaron Schobel 0-INT 5-FF 1-FR 8-Sacks 64-Tackles

DTs are not so much about numbers as occupying linemen and disrupting things so that DEs and linebackers can do their thing.

But I agree that Schobel has had a good year and deserves consideration.

northernbillfan
12-22-2004, 09:20 AM
It's too bad it was very windy for several of the teams home games this season. Otherwise Moulds may have been able to put up better numbers. He was also double teamed a lot this year as most teams knew he was Drews favorite target.

Schobel is a good argument.

When I was watching Moorman during the warmup in Seattle he was nailing 80 yards punt effortlessly. He also had a few with 6 second hang times.

mybills
12-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I don't care who else goes as long as McGee & Spikes do! :up:

The Pink Bear
12-22-2004, 09:28 AM
The Pink Bear will demand a recall vote if "Mister Tee Mack-Gee" and Takeo "INT'D for a TD" Spikes aren't named! The Pink Bear sees no reason the SAMPAT duo should not be selected as a group!

ryjam282
12-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I think McGee is a lock for the special teams and Spikes should go again IMO. I also think Adams should get consideration as well.

McGee
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Based on their performances to date:

Spikes is going, and McGee should go.
Fletcher's behind Ray Lewis and Donnie Edwards.
I can't see Schobel going ahead of the Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6474), John Abraham, or Jason Taylor.
Sam Adams / Pat Williams will have stiff competition with John Henderson, DeWayne Robertson, Jason Ferguson, Richard Seymour, and Marcus Stroud, as well as with known names like Ted Washington and Warren Sapp.

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I voted for Shelton. Can't thnk of anyone better at his his position from the top of my head. He may not be mentioned a lot by media and fans but I hope players from other teams took notice and voted for him.

McGee
12-22-2004, 10:00 AM
I voted for Shelton. Can't thnk of anyone better at his his position from the top of my head. He may not be mentioned a lot by media and fans but I hope players from other teams took notice and voted for him.I heard the Jets were making a pitch for their FB Gerald Sowell. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and his RB is near the top of this year's RB class.

Jeff1220
12-22-2004, 10:04 AM
It's great to see the Bills make it, but the game sucks anyway. In a way, I hope some of them do get slighted so they get even more motivated and play with even bigger chips on their shoulders.

The King
12-22-2004, 10:25 AM
I heard the Jets were making a pitch for their FB Gerald Sowell. He catches the ball well out of the backfield and his RB is near the top of this year's RB class.

Yeah Sowell or Richarson will own that category

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Miami Dolphins Head Coach Jim Bates today announced that defensive end Jason Taylor has been selected to the Pro Bowl.

alternates:

LB Zach Thomas - 3rd alternate
LB Brendon Ayanbadejo - 2nd alternate (special teams)
TE Randy McMichael - 1st alternate

where are the bills lists?

jamze132
12-22-2004, 10:55 AM
This whole Pro Bowl voting system sucks. I don't think the fans should have as much say as they do. You have these little punk kids who think that Ray Lewis is best thing to ever step onto a field (hell, he probably is) but if you look at his stats this year, Fletcher has been better. And I know some of you are going to say that it is not only his stats but his presence that makes him so good. Fletch's presence doesn't scare other teams? Yeah right. These kids sit on the computer and constantly vote over and over for a household name.