PDA

View Full Version : The One Player who the Bills can't play without

Jayhawk
12-22-2004, 10:15 AM
I would say if the BIlls lost TKO that they would be screwed. It's not like they don't have depth, but he brings so much talented and enthusaism, that I think the Bills would lose badly.

The King
12-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Lawyer Milloy, and its been proven. Look at the games he missed.
And Fletch too. There are many good OLB's but very few good MLB's

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I disagree, we won't be as dominant but we won't be screwed. I think losing Moulds would be a bigger impact.

Crisis
12-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Right now, I'd say Evans. He's been most of our offense lately.

He is just a rookie, but he stops Moulds from getting doubled and raped at the line. He has the deep threat, can play over the middle, he's the total package.

Drive 4 Five
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Yeah I think that we could better handle losing a defensive starter than one on the offensive side such as McGahee, Evans, or Moulds. Hell throw Bledsoe in there too.

Let us just say that there alot of important guys on this team. Forget about it...

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Right now, I'd say Evans. He's been most of our offense lately.

He is just a rookie, but he stops Moulds from getting doubled and raped at the line. He has the deep threat, can play over the middle, he's the total package.
Evans get's free because of Moulds.

NC-BILLS44
12-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I disagree, we won't be as dominant but we won't be screwed. I think losing Moulds would be a bigger impact.

:up:

jamze132
12-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Lawyer Milloy, and its been proven. Look at the games he missed.
And Fletch too. There are many good OLB's but very few good MLB's

I tend to agree. Lawyer makes such a presence on the field

dannyek71
12-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Rian Lindell...Think of all those clutch, long distance FG's hes made....

Crisis
12-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Evans get's free because of Moulds.

Case could be made that Moulds gets freed because of Evans.

Notice when Moulds was getting 90% of the team's receptions, our offensive production was putrid. With Evans coming along, the passing game has been revived.

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
There is no one player. There is only team. We are Borg. Resistance is futile.

jamze132
12-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Rian Lindell...Think of all those clutch, long distance FG's hes made....

He could have two more from 40+ if the coach wouldn't have called a timeout right before the snap. These are rookie mistakes by the coach and it shows he has no confidense in the kicker. But hey, who the hell can blame him? Certainly not me.

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Case could be made that Moulds gets freed because of Evans.

Notice when Moulds was getting 90% of the team's receptions, our offensive production was putrid. With Evans coming along, the passing game has been revived.Maybe. I've noticed that 99% Evans' catches are usually on single coverage whether it's a flea flicker or in the slot.

Crisis
12-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Maybe. I've noticed that 99% Evans' catches are usually on single coverage whether it's a flea flicker or in the slot.

So are Moulds'.

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 01:06 PM
So are Moulds'.maybe we're watching two different games :D.

Ed
12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I think last year proved how important a healthy Moulds is to our team even if he's not putting up huge numbers.

Losing Takeo would hurt, but I like our depth at LB and we've got so many guys on D now making plays that it would be easier to compensate for a loss on D then O.

Crisis
12-22-2004, 01:18 PM
I think last year proved how important a healthy Moulds is to our team even if he's not putting up huge numbers.

That was last year. McGahee and Evans IMO, are more important than Moulds are.

Ed
12-22-2004, 01:24 PM
That was last year. McGahee and Evans IMO, are more important than Moulds are.

Maybe, but I don't see Evans being able to have the same kind of success without Moulds in the game.

With Henry being injured also, I guess I would agree that losing McGahee is the worst. I would say it's pretty even though. With McGahee out I see us struggling to run or pass the ball well, but with Moulds out I see the same thing...

Let's just hope no one else goes down and McGahee's good to go against the Steelers.

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
That was last year. McGahee and Evans IMO, are more important than Moulds are.who made Peerless? It's the same thing w/ Evans. I'd like to see Evans as the main focus of a D. Moulds is both a deep and short threat. Putting him the slot allows for Evans to run deep. It's not the same thing w/ Evans in the slot , not now at least.

I guarantee you, the Pats would still put Law on Moulds. The fins put Surtain on Moulds and it allowed Evans to burn a slow Madisson.

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 01:44 PM
I hate to say it but i think it would be Bledsoe right at this time... putting Losman in now wouldn't be good... i think we would still hammer the 9ers but pitt would be tough

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 01:50 PM
I hate to say it but i think it would be Bledsoe right at this time... putting Losman in now wouldn't be good... i think we would still hammer the 9ers but pitt would be toughI disagree. I think JP could be a good caretaker.

Crisis
12-22-2004, 01:53 PM
who made Peerless? It's the same thing w/ Evans. I'd like to see Evans as the main focus of a D. Moulds is both a deep and short threat. Putting him the slot allows for Evans to run deep. It's not the same thing w/ Evans in the slot , not now at least.

I guarantee you, the Pats would still put Law on Moulds. The fins put Surtain on Moulds and it allowed Evans to burn a slow Madisson.

Evans has played over the slot this year, and he did a pretty good job. Evans can play the slot, as well as go deep, he can make the tough grabs that Moulds used to be able to make. If Moulds was a few years younger, I'd agree with you.

We're talking about who helps the team more, and when Evans production went up, so did the wins. If we're talking about the better player, atleast at this point, its Moulds, no doubt. But when Moulds was getting the bulk of the catches we were 0-4.

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Evans has played over the slot this year, and he did a pretty good job. Evans can play the slot, as well as go deep, he can make the tough grabs that Moulds used to be able to make. If Moulds was a few years younger, I'd agree with you.

We're talking about who helps the team more, and when Evans production went up, so did the wins. If we're talking about the better player, atleast at this point, its Moulds, no doubt. But when Moulds was getting the bulk of the catches we were 0-4.I agree it's who helps the team more. By just being on the field Moulds already becomes the focus of a D. That in itself helps people like Evans to have single coverage .

When Moulds was getting the bulk of the passes, Evans was still adjusting to the league. Now he is adjusted he is able to take advantage of the double coverage on Moulds.

Until Evans has proven to be able to carry himself being the focus of a D, he is still the no. 2. Moulds has proven he can still be a threat without a good no. 2, Evans hasn't proven that yet.

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 02:01 PM
But how do you think the team would react to Losman?.. I know that they have made this rally and during it Drew has been average at best... but he is the leader on the offense... I would hate to throw J.P. in with all that pressure

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 02:03 PM
But how do you think the team would react to Losman?.. I know that they have made this rally and during it Drew has been average at best... but he is the leader on the offense... I would hate to throw J.P. in with all that pressureWe don't know how they would react. How did the Steelers react to Ben? :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I disagree. I think JP could be a good caretaker.
If he had been healthy all year and practicing, I agree with you. The D, ST and WM have bailed out Drew, so they could do the same with JP. And at the same time we'd be getting prepared for next year.

However, given his leg is probably not 100% and given he has been limited in practice, I don't know that I'd want him to start. But a healthy JP from Day 1 of the season? Absolutely I'd put him in. Like certain people like to harp on, it is a team game, so why couldn't they win with JP?

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
But that was early in the season with allot of foot ball left to be played... these two games our are season now... it would be a shame if Losman had to come in under these circumstances... I would still have faith that we would win out... ... wait this just in Spikes Adams and Mcgee all made the pro bowl

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
But that was early in the season with allot of foot ball left to be played... these two games our are season now... it would be a shame if Losman had to come in under these circumstances... I would still have faith that we would win out... ... wait this just in Spikes Adams and Mcgee all made the pro bowl

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 02:24 PM
But that was early in the season with allot of foot ball left to be played... these two games our are season now... it would be a shame if Losman had to come in under these circumstances... I would still have faith that we would win out... ... wait this just in Spikes Adams and Mcgee all made the pro bowlI wouldn't put Jp in right now,either. I'm saying Drew isn't the most important player in this team right now. He isn't the reason for our turnaround. He does help but is not the main factor.

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 02:35 PM
so do you think it would be easier for Moulds, Evans and Mcgahee to adjust to a new QB (timing, being on the same page reading the D, experiance).. than Drew to lets say having one of those guys out and having either Reed, Aiken, Williams, or Burns in the line up? I am saying Experiance at QB is more important right now... If J.P. was the starter as long Big Ben has been i wouldn't be worried but this late in the season Drew would be the toughest loss...

justasportsfan
12-22-2004, 02:39 PM
so do you think it would be easier for Moulds, Evans and Mcgahee to adjust to a new QB (timing, being on the same page reading the D, experiance).. than Drew to lets say having one of those guys out and having either Reed, Aiken, Williams, or Burns in the line up? I am saying Experiance at QB is more important right now... If J.P. was the starter as long Big Ben has been i wouldn't be worried but this late in the season Drew would be the toughest loss... Drew isn't lighting up our passing game. Will it suffer more if JP is in there? Maybe, maybe not. i'll never know unless we see him in there. Yes, experience is important but we haven't been a great passing offense w/ his experience have we?

I just think that there are more important players who have played a more pivotal role in our resurgence compared to Drew.

Ralph4prez
12-22-2004, 02:44 PM
i definatly agree that Drew is not the most important key... i think its a combo of defensive turnovers, outstanding special teams play and Willis...

not to mention all of Gibride's stupid play calling is long gone... like passing on 3rd and short every single time for 2 damn years!