PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms says:

northernbillfan
12-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I don't know if this was posted yesterday but here is a gem I just read on NFL.com by Phil Simms who says that the top seeds in the AFC should hope that the Bills or Jags don't make the post season.

If I'm one of the four division champs in the AFC -- New England, San Diego, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh -- I'd be rooting hard against Buffalo.

...if I were one of the AFC playoff teams, I'd root for someone else to make it.

Full article (http://nfl.com/news/story/8023728)

mybills
12-22-2004, 11:55 AM
I was watching ESPN News this morning and they were talking about the top teams in the AFC going to the playoffs..and at the same time, they were showing a Bills game! :up:

jamze132
12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Everyone knows that if we make the playoffs, we could be a very dangerous team. (remember the Ravens a few years ago?) However a lot of scores have to fall our way AND we have to beat the Steelers!!! We all know this, but I think we forget sometimes that everything has to fall in place. It is fun to think about us finally making the playoffs after a long few years. The major networks talk about us being dangerous and this and that. If the networks want to see us with a wildcard, then they better start talking ***** about the Jag's and Ravens so they will suck! LOL

G. Host
12-22-2004, 07:07 PM
I think we are a lot less dangerous with 2 TEs on IR and 2 RBs injured. We are missing the balance we need.

helmetguy
12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Clements addresses the running game, now that it looks like Shaud Williams will get the start. Obviously, they'll have to adjust things to play to his strengths. He's not cut out to handle the kind of scheme built for McGahee.

DaBills
12-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I think we are a lot less dangerous with 2 TEs on IR and 2 RBs injured. We are missing the balance we need.

While I agree the balance may be off, I also like our chances against a Pitt or NE now that our D has solidified more. If WM is 100% by playoff time, (knock on wood), that'll bring balance around.

If we can pressure Brady or Rothlesburger, we stand a good chance. Indy? Yikes. Their o-line is blocking great. Weak secondary though, so maybe the way to compete there is in a shootout.