PDA

View Full Version : Who cares if we are overrated?

SoCalBillsFan
12-22-2004, 12:09 PM
All this talk about whether we are overrated is silly. This isn't college football, it's the NFL. Strength of schedule has no bearing on who makes the playoffs-it's wins that matter. And we might be two wins away from going to the playoffs for the first time in a few years, whether we are overrated or not!

We haven't played the best teams, but we've done VERY well against the teams we have played. I'm happy with that for now. IF we get into the playoffs, anything can happen. Then we'll find out how good or bad we really are. But for now, let's win two games and sneak into the post season!

Go Bills! Beat the Niners!

jamze132
12-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Strength of schedule does play into who makes the playoffs and who doesn't. How many good teams have the Chargers played? And how many good teams have the Bills played? Whats a good team? To me it's a team in playoff contention. By the end of the season, we would have played 9-10 games.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2004, 04:19 PM
At the beginning of this season - based on last year's records - our schedule was very difficult, as I remember. The fact that teams like Miami, Seattle and St. Louis haven't lived up to their last seasons' records should not detract from our success.

Besides, we have played two games apiece against very strong Jets and Pats teams, plus very good Ravens and Jags clubs, and decent Seahawks, Rams, and Bengals squads. Oakland at home is no pushover, either. And don't forget our last game against the Steelers.

I don't think our schedule has been that weak.