PDA

View Full Version : Best moves that didn't happen:

Crisis
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
1.) Lions picking Harrington at #3, when we would of probably taken him at #4. Harrington has horrible, in his 3rd year in the league. He has weapons around him now, and his production is still garbage.

2.) Taking Kelsay in 1st round in 2003 first draft. Many thought we would take Kelsay in the 1st, as many mocks and experts had him going late first. We took McGahee instead, and Kelsay fell to the 2nd, where we landed him.

The King
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
What about Peerless?

Crisis
12-22-2004, 12:29 PM
What about Peerless?

I dont think bringing Peerless back for the money he wanted was ever in question.

EDS
12-22-2004, 01:19 PM
I think another was using the 13th pick in the 2001 draft to select that Florida offensive lineman whose name escapes me. At any rate, TD traded down and selected Clements and Henry with the picks he received. That offensive lineman never got the job done in Tampa and I think is now out of the league.

ct bills fan
12-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Kenyatta Walker

EDS
12-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Kenyatta Walker

Bingo. Thanks.

chernobylwraiths
12-22-2004, 03:03 PM
1.) Lions picking Harrington at #3, when we would of probably taken him at #4. Harrington has horrible, in his 3rd year in the league. He has weapons around him now, and his production is still garbage.

I really don't know how good his O-line is. With the emergence of Jones at RB and with a healthy Rogers back next year, I would love to see how well he does. If he can't cut it with two very good young receivers and a good young back, then maybe it is McMahon time for Detroit.

Ed
12-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Sam Cowart was one of my favorite players and I was sad to see him go, but not re-signing him and picking up Fletcher instead was the smart move.

Not re-signing Marcellus Wiley to a $40 million contract and letting him leave for SD was also smart.

Kolbiss
12-22-2004, 03:07 PM
All very good moves.....How many of those were Donahoe moves????? :question:

fushetti
12-22-2004, 03:32 PM
All very good moves.....How many of those were Donahoe moves????? :question:

all of them.

Dozerdog
12-22-2004, 03:47 PM

2.) Taking Kelsay in 1st round in 2003 first draft. Many thought we would take Kelsay in the 1st, as many mocks and experts had him going late first. We took McGahee instead, and Kelsay fell to the 2nd, where we landed him.
I wouldn't toss Harrington under the bus yet.

2 straight seasons without Charlie Rogers, the Lions Offense seems to get decimated wth injuries all year. Roy Williams has been hobbled half the season.

It owuld have been nice to see what he could do of those weapons were active

Mr. Cynical
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM

2 straight seasons without Charlie Rogers, the Lions Offense seems to get decimated wth injuries all year. Roy Williams has been hobbled half the season.

Agreed. Many thought Brees was a bust but he seems to be doing okay now.

Crisis
12-22-2004, 04:29 PM

Harrington will never amount to anything. His expectations were also much higher, Brees was a 2nd round pick (really a late first, but still a 2nd) and Harrington was the 3rd OVERALL pick.

I can only imagine what he'd do with the great weather conditions in Buffalo.