X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Best moves that didn't happen:

1.) Lions picking Harrington at #3, when we would of probably taken him at #4. Harrington has horrible, in his 3rd year in the league. He has weapons around him now, and his production is still garbage.

2.) Taking Kelsay in 1st round in 2003 first draft. Many thought we would take Kelsay in the 1st, as many mocks and experts had him going late first. We took McGahee instead, and Kelsay fell to the 2nd, where we landed him.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

What about Peerless?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
      What about Peerless?
      I dont think bringing Peerless back for the money he wanted was ever in question.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

I think another was using the 13th pick in the 2001 draft to select that Florida offensive lineman whose name escapes me. At any rate, TD traded down and selected Clements and Henry with the picks he received. That offensive lineman never got the job done in Tampa and I think is now out of the league.

Comment

• ct bills fan
          • Jul 2002

Kenyatta Walker

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ct bills fan
            Kenyatta Walker
            Bingo. Thanks.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
              1.) Lions picking Harrington at #3, when we would of probably taken him at #4. Harrington has horrible, in his 3rd year in the league. He has weapons around him now, and his production is still garbage.
              I really don't know how good his O-line is. With the emergence of Jones at RB and with a healthy Rogers back next year, I would love to see how well he does. If he can't cut it with two very good young receivers and a good young back, then maybe it is McMahon time for Detroit.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Sam Cowart was one of my favorite players and I was sad to see him go, but not re-signing him and picking up Fletcher instead was the smart move.

Not re-signing Marcellus Wiley to a $40 million contract and letting him leave for SD was also smart.

Comment

• danny4804
                  AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
                  • Dec 2003

All very good moves.....How many of those were Donahoe moves?????

Comment

• fushetti
                    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by danny4804
                    All very good moves.....How many of those were Donahoe moves?????
                    all of them.
                    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis

2.) Taking Kelsay in 1st round in 2003 first draft. Many thought we would take Kelsay in the 1st, as many mocks and experts had him going late first. We took McGahee instead, and Kelsay fell to the 2nd, where we landed him.
                      I wouldn't toss Harrington under the bus yet.

2 straight seasons without Charlie Rogers, the Lions Offense seems to get decimated wth injuries all year. Roy Williams has been hobbled half the season.

It owuld have been nice to see what he could do of those weapons were active

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

2 straight seasons without Charlie Rogers, the Lions Offense seems to get decimated wth injuries all year. Roy Williams has been hobbled half the season.

Agreed. Many thought Brees was a bust but he seems to be doing okay now.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Harrington will never amount to anything. His expectations were also much higher, Brees was a 2nd round pick (really a late first, but still a 2nd) and Harrington was the 3rd OVERALL pick.

I can only imagine what he'd do with the great weather conditions in Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                          X