PDA

View Full Version : How is this fantasy team look?

Novacane
07-31-2002, 11:08 PM
Hey guys:
Just got done with my first fantasy draft tonight. I hate drafting this early but the commish sets the rules. How about a grade

Qb Mcnabb
Dilfer
RB James
Holmes
Henry
T. Davis
T. Canadate
Deshon Foster
WR> Moulds(my homer choice)
Kevin Johnson
Darrel Jackson
James thrash
C. Conway

TE. Dilger
K. Carney
D Bears
I would say my weak spot is WR.

lordofgun
07-31-2002, 11:38 PM
Depends how your running backs do. They're all questionable. James coming off injury, Holmes vould be a one-year wonder, and Henry hasn't proven himself...yet.

If your RBs do well, you have a shot!

BillC
07-31-2002, 11:46 PM
You better pray the RBs do well, the recievers stink!(except moulds)

standingbuffalo43
08-01-2002, 12:33 AM
find the guy in your league with DOminick Rhodes on his roster & trade him d. Rhodes for Trung canidate...If that dont work, go to Marshalls owner & try a trade for a RB... then youve got insurance if edge's ACL pulls a terrell davis on you...

Overall, I think your team is OK...
Your WRs arent as bad as our former president may think...they are all #1 WR options for their team...
Your QB is very good...solid backups..

if edge plays 10+ games at full speed... B+
if your RBs dont come thru... C+

don137
08-01-2002, 12:24 PM
It depends on how big the league is...If this is league has 12 or more teams then this is a formidable team...If there is less than 12 then your WR's are weak

lordofgun
08-01-2002, 12:35 PM
good point don.

Novacane
08-02-2002, 11:10 PM
Thanks all. 10 team league

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 07:12 AM
a lot of 'IFS" on your team.i'd be looking to trade davis to the team that has m.anderson.you could strengthen your WR corp that way.

Novacane
08-03-2002, 09:37 PM
No body drafted M. Anderson. I had to take Davis. No one would take him. I got him in rnd 7. Was the best RB left by far! I don't expect huge things out of him but if he stays healthy he will contribute. I know thats a big "if" but FF is always a big if. One of my key contributers last year was antwoin smith and i took him in the 14th round. Never know whos gonna step up.
Even if this team blows I have 4 more drafts to go.
Thanks again for the opinions.

SABURZFAN
08-04-2002, 08:49 AM
if i draft t.davis,you can bet that m.anderson is going to be on my mind in the late rounds.you say that he wasn't drafted really blows me away.davis has a history full of injury problems.the last couple years have been a nightmare to fantasy owners.WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THE INSURANCE POLICY???????drop foster and get anderson.you'll sleep a lot better at night.

Novacane
08-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Think I will do that Sab. Did not think of it! Thanks

SABURZFAN
08-13-2002, 10:29 PM
the davis news has to be no surprised.there's a problem with the m.anderson situation.they want to move him to FB.i don't think he'll get the carries at that position.o.gary isn't the one to stay healthy either.this portis kid they drafted is unproven.they have a mess in denver for FFL.

Novacane
08-14-2002, 08:34 PM
The kid portis is looking really good in preseason. I bet he will be the starter. I went to pick him up yesterday and someone had beat me by 2 hours!

SABURZFAN
08-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
The kid portis is looking really good in preseason. I bet he will be the starter. I went to pick him up yesterday and someone had beat me by 2 hours!

sorry :sadwalk:

Ebenezer
08-15-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Hey guys:
Just got done with my first fantasy draft tonight. I hate drafting this early but the commish sets the rules. How about a grade

Qb Mcnabb
Dilfer
RB James
Holmes
Henry
T. Davis
T. Canadate
Deshon Foster
WR> Moulds(my homer choice)
Kevin Johnson
Darrel Jackson
James thrash
C. Conway

TE. Dilger
K. Carney
D Bears
I would say my weak spot is WR.

On paper, they are all winners....except this one....

btw, how did you get E James, McNabb and Moulds??

Novacane
08-15-2002, 10:00 PM
It ain't that bad EB!

E. James round 1, Holmes round 2, Mcnabb round 3 and Moulds round 4. It was an espn league. No bills fans so Moulds slipped a bit.

Novacane
08-15-2002, 10:03 PM
I always love it when there are morons that take Kickers and Defense in round 3 .

I have one league I am in that without fail this same guy always takes Vanderjadt in round 4. 3 years in a row! The guy always finishes in the bottom half of the league too!