• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Vick Hype

When will this hype around Michael Vick end? He is going to the Pro Bowl based on marketing and hype. Vick is exciting to watch, but going to Hawaii when guys like Aaron Brooks, Joey Harrington and Brian Grisese have better passing stats than you is a joke. Farve's numbers blow Vicks away but because Farve doesnt have a pair of nikes with his name on them, or a Farve Experience commercial, he will sit home and watch Vick pretend to know how to play QB. Vick is an amazing athlete one of the best in the NFL but enough is enough. Well maybe we will get the chance to watch Takeo spin Vicks head around.

Rank Player Team Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating
    1 Daunte Culpepper MIN 4133 481 336 34 11 82 110.1
    2 Donovan McNabb PHI 3839 466 297 30 8 80 103.8
    3 Brett Favre GB 3527 484 307 25 16 79 88.7
    4 Aaron Brooks NO 3367 494 283 19 14 57 79.2
    5 Jake Delhomme CAR 3365 459 267 23 15 63 84.2
    6 Marc Bulger STL 3289 419 272 17 12 56 90.5
    7 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 3191 447 258 20 14 60 81.8
    8 Vinny Testaverde DAL 3067 426 251 15 19 53 74.3
    9 Joey Harrington DET 2535 410 226 17 10 62 77.4
    10 Brian Griese TB 2311 295 203 17 10 68 97.2
    11 Michael Vick ATL 2278 314 175 13 12 62 76.6
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I have Vick on my fantasy team- one week he gets 19 points, and the next -2. To me, that demonstrates that he doesn't understand the position. Ever watch him? He moves around the field like crazy and makes some incredible runs and some incredible throws, but his judgement isn't good. And worst of all, he doesn't protect the damn ball. He hangs it out there in his left hand when he scrambles, which is why he fumbles all the time. It drives me absolutely insane that one of the most "hyped" athlete doesn't seem to understand the most fundamental aspect of the game: protecting the football.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Moved to Bills board.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Vick is erratic. His passing numbers are modest at best but are bolstered by his rushing numbers. Still, as OpIv37 said, he does tend to make some poor decisions and has difficulty protecting the football. I think his decision making will only improve which will make him like McNabb in terms of athleticism AND the ability to direct an offense.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Vick is a super athlete and potentially a great QB. He is not a Pro Bowler yet, however.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Actually this could prove vick's worth. I know it's just one game, but he'll finally be operating behind an OL. A Pro-Bowl OL. Let's see what he can do.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
              Actually this could prove vick's worth. I know it's just one game, but he'll finally be operating behind an OL. A Pro-Bowl OL. Let's see what he can do.
              Andy Reid should start working on some plays for vick now.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

OVERRATED

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LindellSucks
                  OVERRATED

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

Terrific tailback. A liability as a QB.
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

Vick has less business being named to the probowl than Bledsoe would have.

I demand Vick be recalled immediately or Bledsoe be added to the AFC!!

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                        Vick has less business being named to the probowl than Bledsoe would have.

I demand Vick be recalled immediately or Bledsoe be added to the AFC!!
                        Hear Hear!
                        It was all

Comment

• madness23
                          • Apr 2003

Overrated. A superior athlete shouldn't be the most sacked QB in the league. I'm surprised being thrown to the turf violently hasn't been added to the Michael Vick Experience yet.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Yay, I'm not the only one sick of all the Vick hype. It's true no one ever talks about his sacks, fumbles or negative plays, and he makes a lot of them. I hate how all the analysts at ESPN will always try there hardest to make excuses for him too. So many people act like he's the greatest player ever, but he just needs time to prove it. Until he does, people need to get over it.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

An amazing athlete, yes. However, I don't know MVick personally, but he doesn't seem to be a leader at all. When he's in interviews, he seems sort of distant and slightly spaced out. He just doesn't give off the sort of persona that can rally the team and motivate them. This seems to go hand in hand with his type of play. He doesn't seem to want to rely on the team, but rather do it all himself, whether it be run or pass. ...just a thought.

I agree that, as of now, he has no business in the pro bowl. He still has some maturing to do imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X