• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

NFL has come a long way

Someone pointed out to me that among this year's pro bowlers, all 3 NFC quarterbacks are black. Culpepper, McNabb, and Vick.

Remember back in the days where blacks weren't even allowed to play in the NFL? Wow. It's nice to see the progress we've made. This society has definitely come a long way.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Don't tell Rush Limbaugh that
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Don't tell Rush Limbaugh that
      First, Rush is not a racist. Second, Vick over Favre?
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        First, Rush is not a racist. Second, Vick over Favre?
        I know Rush isn't a racist- but what he said last year was just friggin stupid. But, back to the topic at hand before this ends up in the No Spin Zone-

Vick's a better athlete but Favre is definitely a better QB. What helped Vick is the hype (see MBB's thread) and the fact that his team is 11-3.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Someone pointed out to me that among this year's pro bowlers, all 3 NFC quarterbacks are black. Culpepper, McNabb, and Vick.

Remember back in the days where blacks weren't even allowed to play in the NFL? Wow. It's nice to see the progress we've made. This society has definitely come a long way.
          Sounds racist to me. No whites.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

3 black QBs and zero white QBs. Yeah, that's equality!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
              Careful, you'll get Rushed right out of town.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                • Jul 2002

What Rush said had some truth to it. What he said was that the press was really pushing for a black QB to do well. The opinion he had was regarding the press and how they overrated McNabb's contributions to a good team because he is black.

I think Rush was right at the time and that McNabb has since proofed him wrong.

Let's review: McNabb, he said, is "overrated ... what we have here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback can do well—black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well."

"There's a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  Two of the 3 deserve it- Vick is just a product of a marketing campaign.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Two of the 3 deserve it- Vick is just a product of a marketing campaign.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                      I think Rush was right at the time and that McNabb has since proofed him wrong.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2089193/

I can see your point- the only thing is that Rush needs to know when to keep his damn mouth shut. On his radio show, people expect Rush to say this kind of thing and, while it draws attention, it's not necessarily controversial. During football commentary, invoking race is always walking a thin line.

BTW there was one part of Rush's commentary that I never understood: the part about the media wanting a black QB to do well. Randall Cunningham, Doug Williams (he won a SB), Kordell Stewart, Daunte Culpepper, McNabb, Vick....
                      True, there hasn't been a black Joe Montana or Dan Marino caliber QB yet, but there have been plenty of successfull black QB's, and when Rush made his comment there were 9 or 10 starting QBs who were black (off the top of my head- Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Aaron Brooks, Quincy Carter, Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Jeff Blake).
                      With so many black QB's, Rush's comments make no sense. Some of these guys have been successful on their own- they don't need the media to invent it for them.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

I am really shocked to not see Lebron James on the Pro Bowl roster. How they hell did he get snubbed? He has his own shoes too!

Comment

• Ralph4prez
                          • Dec 2004

Vick deserves to be there more than Farve this year... You can't base a "Pro Bowl season" on passing stats alone... Vicks team wins more than Farves... plus he has like 800+ ruching yards

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ralph4prez
                            Vick deserves to be there more than Farve this year... You can't base a "Pro Bowl season" on passing stats alone... Vicks team wins more than Farves... plus he has like 800+ ruching yards
                            He has over 800 "ruching" yards? Is that the amount of yards the Falcons lose when he drops back with one hand on the ball and he loses it?

And you spell Favre like this. Sorry. There are a lot of people here who won't even read a post if they have gramatical errors.

Welcome to Billszone
                            Last edited by jamze132; 12-23-2004, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Ralph4prez
                              • Dec 2004

Sorry for the bad spelling but i think you missed my point... All Vick does is win... thats the bottom line... and thats going to get you more votes when it comes to the pro bowl... The way Favre has been playing lately he doesn't deserve it more than Vick... Maybe if he could of beat the Jags last week I would feel different about him... and more commentators are always on Favres jock than Vicks...

Comment

Working...
                              X