PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to worry that Henry is really a problem...

Michael82
12-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Look at his response yesterday. Last year, Henry never would have acted like this. What a :baby:
Plus, if he was injured last year with an injury like this...he would have still played. :mad:

Travis Henry, out since Nov. 28 with torn ligaments in his ankle, left no doubt about his availability for the game.

"What do you want to talk to me for, I ain't playing," Henry said Wednesday before the Bills began their preparation for their must-win game against the 49ers.

"I'm not playing. I'm still rehabbing, taking it day by day. It's feeling better, but we'll see."

http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041223/SPORTS03/412230374/1007/SPORTS

justasportsfan
12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Mikey, unless you saw the interview, don't read too much into it. Reports can be twisted to make it sound bad just like that stunt you pulled about Moulds at camp this year.

Stewie
12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
No way Travis would have played with torn ligaments in his ankle, unless he wanted to end his career and be handicapped the rest of his life. Maybe he was just tired of the reporters asking him the same question on a daily basis.

Michael82
12-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Mikey, unless you saw the interview, don't read too much into it. Reports can be twisted to make it sound bad just like that stunt you pulled about Moulds at camp this year.
That stunt that I pulled? Don't even go there. All the threads that I have saved, show that YOU started it. :mad:

justasportsfan
12-23-2004, 11:27 AM
That stunt that I pulled? Don't even go there. All the threads that I have saved, show that YOU started it. :mad:Stop all the lies. It's christmas. :liar:

Michael82
12-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Stop all the lies. It's christmas. :liar:
I'll send you a copy of all the posts and threads from the mods board, when you got me in trouble. :mad:

justasportsfan
12-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I'll send you a copy of all the posts and threads from the mods board, when you got me in trouble. :mad:I NEVER get anyone in trouble. :winkpunch

daquixxers
12-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Are you crazy? He TORE LIGAMENTS IN HIS RIGHT ANKLE and Mularkey said he cant even push off on it. How do you play on that?

Jeez.

OpIv37
12-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Immature response from Henry, but the guy has to be frustrated. He had a great season last year despite the injury, but the team did crappy. At the start of this year, the team sucked, he gets benched, now suddenly we're 8-2 over the last 10 games and on a 5 game winning streak.

Then, he started to find a role as a 3rd down back, and he suffers another injury.

The bottom line is this: he can go to some crap-ass team and make more money but lose, or he can accept his role here and win. If he keeps up with this attitude, I doubt TD and Mularkey will keep him around.

Michael82
12-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Immature response from Henry, but the guy has to be frustrated. He had a great season last year despite the injury, but the team did crappy. At the start of this year, the team sucked, he gets benched, now suddenly we're 8-2 over the last 10 games and on a 5 game winning streak.

Then, he started to find a role as a 3rd down back, and he suffers another injury.

The bottom line is this: he can go to some crap-ass team and make more money but lose, or he can accept his role here and win. If he keeps up with this attitude, I doubt TD and Mularkey will keep him around.
Good post. I agree.

daquixxers
12-23-2004, 11:52 AM
It is absolutely amazing how fast we turn on players ... what are we gonna do next? Not let Thurman Thomas come to Bills games anymore because he had a drinking problem.

Jan Reimers
12-23-2004, 11:57 AM
It is absolutely amazing how fast we turn on players ... what are we gonna do next? Not let Thurman Thomas come to Bills games anymore because he had a drinking problem.
Nah, we let OJ come back and he had a murdering problem.

Michael82
12-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Boo Thurman because he played for the fish? :idunno: :snicker:

:jk: :calm:

daquixxers
12-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Boo Thurman because he played for the fish? :idunno: :snicker:

:jk: :calm:
You wear the Bills jersey for 1 day and your a Bill for life ... period.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2004, 12:07 PM
You wear the Bills jersey for 1 day and your a Bill for life ... period.

I disagree, Rob Johnson was NEVER a Bill in my books. Neither was Billy Joe Tolliver or Hobert or whichever crappy Billy Joe we had that didn't know how to read a play book.

daquixxers
12-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Neither of them wore a Bills jersey ... they gave those guys $50 replicas to play in.

John Doe
12-23-2004, 12:11 PM
People are reading way too much into this IMO. He just sounds frustrated to me. There is a big game coming up and he wants to play but circumstances dictate that he can't. That is the attitude to have - no big deal that he snapped at a reporter.

cordog
12-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I watched the interview with Henry on ESR and its not bad, it just sounds bad with the clips they use in print.

finsrclowns
12-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Plus, if he was injured last year with an injury like this...he would have still played. :mad:

Do you know anything about the condition of his ankle that leads you to this conclusion? That's a pretty strong statement.

mybills
12-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Merry Christmas, Travis. And thank you for all that you have done for the Buffalo Bills!
:hail: TRAVIS HENRY

buffalofan19
12-23-2004, 07:51 PM
While I think the response should have been worded differently, so not to sound as immature, can you blame the guy? Over the last two years, this guy has busted his @$$ for this football team. He has played with broken ribs and a broken ankle and still put forth good games. What is the result? He gets benched for someone else. Now I must say McGahee is a better back, BUT, if you think Travis Henry is going to sacrifice so much pain for the Bills that he did last year, you are crazy.

Cntrygal
12-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I should neg the initial post in this thread.

After breaking bones AND messing up ligaments (in my ankle no less)... I'd rather BREAK the bones and somehow have the ligaments NEVER get injured.

Typ0
12-25-2004, 10:32 AM
People are reading way too much into this IMO. He just sounds frustrated to me. There is a big game coming up and he wants to play but circumstances dictate that he can't. That is the attitude to have - no big deal that he snapped at a reporter.

Not people....just Mikey.

Dozerdog
12-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Typical local media.

They would love to create a Henry/McGahee rift or Henry vs the Bills antagonism. Anything to sell papers and create call in controversy on local radio.

Like this bull**** yesterday in the Buffalo Snooze-

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041224/1007428.asp

It's almost like a bunch of writers, who were beating the TD is a bum drum all season are tired of eating crow. Who's being petty ?

Michael82
12-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Typical local media.

They would love to create a Henry/McGahee rift or Henry vs the Bills antagonism. Anything to sell papers and create call in controversy on local radio.

Like this bull**** yesterday in the Buffalo Snooze-

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041224/1007428.asp

It's almost like a bunch of writers, who were beating the TD is a bum drum all season are tired of eating crow. Who's being petty ?
I understand what you mean and apologize. I guess I just have listened to the local media...WGR too much. I miss WNSA. They were a lot more fair and less about starting trouble. :(

Cntrygal
12-25-2004, 02:17 PM
I understand what you mean and apologize. I guess I just have listened to the local media...WGR too much. I miss WNSA. They were a lot more fair and less about starting trouble. :(

Check your rep. :snicker:

Michael82
12-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Check your rep. :snicker:

ZBs sent! :mad:

Oh and Merry Christmas. :up:

zone
12-25-2004, 09:44 PM
While I think the response should have been worded differently, so not to sound as immature, can you blame the guy? Over the last two years, this guy has busted his @$$ for this football team. He has played with broken ribs and a broken ankle and still put forth good games. What is the result? He gets benched for someone else. Now I must say McGahee is a better back, BUT, if you think Travis Henry is going to sacrifice so much pain for the Bills that he did last year, you are crazy.
Yea when everyone else was playing like a bunch of quitters, Henry carried this team on his legs, a broken leg at that!

I feel terrible for the guy, but you can't argue the fact that #21 makes something happen when there is no room to run and having that is priceless to the team.