PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW....

SABURZFAN
12-23-2004, 02:48 PM
that l.evans is leading the team in TD reception with 7?

for you p.price fans,here's his numbers as we speak...

32 receptions 480 yards 2 TD

evans' numbers.....

38-688-7

ryven
12-23-2004, 02:52 PM
evans' numbers.38-688-7

:10:

The King
12-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Peerless Price :moon:

I wonder what his teamates think of him?

ryven
12-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Peerless Price :moon:

I wonder what his teamates think of him?

Atlanta:stick:Peerless

finsrclowns
12-23-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm not dissing Moulds here, but Evans now has more yards for this his rookie year than Moulds did for his first 2 in the league and Evans is averaging a very impressive 18 YPC.

Props to TD for letting Price go and for drafting Evans.

Jan Reimers
12-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Simply shows that Bledsoe is better than Vick.

SABURZFAN
12-23-2004, 05:52 PM

:gag:

BAM
12-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Yep! Definitely a No. 2!

LarryBoy
12-24-2004, 12:53 AM
whos p.price? :scratch:

SABURZFAN
12-24-2004, 02:03 AM
whos p.price? :scratch:

an overpaid schmoe in atlanta. :snicker:

The Predator
12-24-2004, 02:47 AM
that l.evans is leading the team in TD reception with 7?

Evans' numbers.....38-688-7
Good Numbers For A Rookie..That Had A Slow Start The First Few Weeks..

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>04

Jan Reimers
12-24-2004, 07:27 AM
While I was being somewhat facetious, Price is nowhere near being a number one receiver, and Vick is not a very good passer. That's a bad combination.

Evans, conversely, is far more talented than Price to begin with; has Eric Moulds to occupy the other team; and has Bledsoe - with all his warts, still a better thrower of the ball than Vick - as his QB.

DaBills
12-24-2004, 09:35 PM
I think that was key for Price. Moulds being doubled freed him up.

:shocked:

Uncle Jesse
12-24-2004, 10:00 PM
DYK.........Mike Vick is so overrated?

Asimov
12-24-2004, 10:03 PM
I think that was key for Price. Moulds being doubled freed him up.:shocked:
Evans is enjoying the same comfort zone that Price did when he was in Buffalo.

Billz_fan
12-24-2004, 10:54 PM
As I mentioned when the PP to Atlanta trade was first mentioned. Being a WR and having Vick as your QB is a handicap from the get go.

You have to share touches on a regular team with 2 other WR's a TE or 2 and usually 2 backs. Going to Atlanta means you add Vick to the list of people you share touches with. having a QB that rushes for 800-1000 yards a season cuts into your production considerably. Not to mention he is now gonna draw the double team as the #1 WR.

PP was a good #2 here in Buffalo. I do however think Evans is gonna be better. With that being said, I just think PP made a bad decision on the team he went to. He is still a very good player. Many of us hold ill will against anyone who leaves here for more money.

Why is that ? The team holds no loyalty when a player gets near the end of his career, The player is cast away quickly as spent and finished. Why should a player hold loyalty when he gets a chance to cash in while still in his prime ?

Asimov
12-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Why should a player hold loyalty when he gets a chance to cash in while still in his prime ?
Most people abhor the "me first" attitude, especially when exercised in an enterprise based on the team concept.

Sacrifice by the individual is necessary for the group to succeed-when selfishness over-rules sacrifice, it creates hard feelings.

Billz_fan
12-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Most people abhor the "me first" attitude, especially when exercised in an enterprise based on the team concept.

Sacrifice by the individual is necessary for the group to succeed-when selfishness over-rules sacrifice, it creates hard feelings.

But why is selfishness by the team excused ? The players are always expendable and that is excused because it is for the good of the team.

Here is my point on a lower scale.

Lets say I work for General Motors. Ford Motor Co. offers me a job at 2x my current salary. I accept the job, who wouldnt ? I would be crazy not to.

Yet, in the NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL if a player does the same thing he is labeled as a "me first" guy by the team he leaves behind. Hard feelings by the fans and many times the organization abound. The team/organization is not held to the same standards however. Just ask Travis Henry for instance who has played for much less pay than other RB's gaining the same (or less) yards. Has played with a broken leg and broken ribs getting replaced in 4 games by Willis Mcgahee. Im not saying Willis should not be the starting RB in Buffalo. He should.

You can slice it any way you want to, yet the only thing thats different is the pay scale. Wheter it's General Motors or the Buffalo Bills it's still a team effort to make the company succeed.

Asimov
12-25-2004, 05:05 AM
Employees in private companies are a lot easier to replace than starting WR's in the NFL - not a valid comparison.

Like it or not, an assembly-line worker's contribution to "team success" at Ford or GM is exponentially more insignificant than what one-eleventh of your starting offense on your favorite football team is.

When people start buying tickets to watch someone screw in a few bolts on the assembly line and start shelling out 200-300 dollars for official Ford jersey's, then they may care whether you skip to GM or not.

Why do you think the Peyton Manning commercial is so funny?

"Cut that meat ! Cut that meat !"

Asimov
12-25-2004, 05:11 AM
But why is selfishness by the team excused ? The players are always expendable and that is excused because it is for the good of the team.
Because management is largely perceived to be attempting to do what is best for the team to reach the ultimate goal - the Super Bowl.

When management in the NFL displays an attitude of selfishness (for example, NOT spending money on FA's to make the team better but instead scrimping to save a few bucks), they encourage the wrath of the fan base, also (see Mike Brown in Cincinnati up until the Marvin Lewis hiring).

G. Host
12-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Just ask Travis Henry for instance who has played for much less pay than other RB's gaining the same (or less) yards. Has played with a broken leg and broken ribs getting replaced in 4 games by Willis Mcgahee.
Travis did not play with either a broken leg or broken ribs. He had a bone bruise and torn cartlidge in rib section. Henry straightened out reporters after this was misreported but some still repeat the old falsehood.

G. Host
12-25-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm not dissing Moulds here, but Evans now has more yards for this his rookie year than Moulds did for his first 2 in the league and Evans is averaging a very impressive 18 YPC.

Props to TD for letting Price go and for drafting Evans.
Different eras. Levy gave a lot less chance for rookies to start while current coaches expect first round picks and every later drafted players to contribute immediately.

Billz_fan
12-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Travis did not play with either a broken leg or broken ribs. He had a bone bruise and torn cartlidge in rib section. Henry straightened out reporters after this was misreported but some still repeat the old falsehood.

lol, ok but the my point was he was playing hurt for the team as many many players do every week. I just used him because he is a local example. I figured someone would jump on that instead of what I was aiming for.

Loyalty in the pro sports in terribly one sided, the players are expected to be loyal to the the team and fans. The team however can trade, waive, or release a player at any time because it's for the good of the team. Once a player goes to another team for more money via free agency then the fans of the team he leaves put the "stamp" on him and wish him good riddence, laugh and point, call names. You get the idea.

It's ok when we go out and sign free agents form other teams though. Those are good guys :laughter:

Like Takeos return to Cincy last week when they were yelling trader at him and other phrases. Happens every week to a hundred players.

As I said, loyalty only runs 1 direction in pro sports. The team has little to no loyalty because it has a bussiness to run and the ultimate goal to achieve. The fans have no loyalty to anything but the team and the players who are playing well at the time. We are to shallow for anything else :D

Thats all I was getting at, just trying to stir some thought ;)

Dozerdog
12-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Mark Campbell had more TDs vs the Rams than Price has had all season

Asimov
12-25-2004, 05:24 PM
As I said, loyalty only runs 1 direction in pro sports. The team has little to no loyalty because it has a bussiness to run and the ultimate goal to achieve. The fans have no loyalty to anything but the team and the players who are playing well at the time. We are to shallow for anything else
Management and the fans are basically in the same boat rowing in the same direction- their ultimate goal is for their team to win the championship, regardless of who the individual players are. Some players are in it largely for the money, rowing against the other two. The loyalty factor is geared toward the ideal attempting to be accomplished, not the components involved (players).

If you go back 10-14 years, with knowledge that the Bills would be guaranteed a Super Bowl victory, but in order to acquire that guarantee you'd have to sacrifice Jim Kelly to another team, would you do it?

Would you make that "trade"?

G. Host
12-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Like Takeos return to Cincy last week when they were yelling trader at him and other phrases. Happens every week to a hundred players.

Thats all I was getting at, just trying to stir some thought ;)

Takeo is called "trader" in Cinci because he plays fantasy football in fantasy leagues still in Cinci and he traded Peerless Price for Lee Evans in his fantasy football league.

Billz_fan
12-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Management and the fans are basically in the same boat rowing in the same direction- their ultimate goal is for their team to win the championship, regardless of who the individual players are. Some players are in it largely for the money, rowing against the other two. The loyalty factor is geared toward the ideal attempting to be accomplished, not the components involved (players).

If you go back 10-14 years, with knowledge that the Bills would be guaranteed a Super Bowl victory, but in order to acquire that guarantee you'd have to sacrifice Jim Kelly to another team, would you do it?

Would you make that "trade"?

My answer is no. That was a very special time for me. I find it funny however that you dismissed my GM/Ford scenario yet you want me to answer a completely ficticious scenario involving Jim Kelly 14 years ago :laughter:

Like it or not, an assembly-line worker's contribution to "team success" at Ford or GM is exponentially more insignificant than what one-eleventh of your starting offense on your favorite football team is.

When people start buying tickets to watch someone screw in a few bolts on the assembly line and start shelling out 200-300 dollars for official Ford jersey's, then they may care whether you skip to GM or not.

If you choose to believe it or not I would dare say that how much America spends on it automoblies is not to far behind what it spends on the NFL if it's behind at all. Why is that so much more insignificant ? America could do without the NFL far easier than without it's automobiles. Believe that. The NFL is in the entertainment industry. Would you rather do without transportaion or entertainment ?

Billz_fan
12-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Takeo is called "trader" in Cinci because he plays fantasy football in fantasy leagues still in Cinci and he traded Peerless Price for Lee Evans in his fantasy football league.

:laughter:

Asimov
12-26-2004, 07:47 AM
My answer is no. That was a very special time for me. I find it funny however that you dismissed my GM/Ford scenario yet you want me to answer a completely ficticious scenario involving Jim Kelly 14 years ago :laughter:

If you choose to believe it or not I would dare say that how much America spends on it automoblies is not to far behind what it spends on the NFL if it's behind at all. Why is that so much more insignificant ? America could do without the NFL far easier than without it's automobiles. Believe that. The NFL is in the entertainment industry. Would you rather do without transportaion or entertainment ?
I didn't dismiss your scenario, I just think it's not a valid analogy.

You have to admit replacing an assembly-line worker at any auto-manufacturing plant in the country is easier to do than replacing a starting WR in the NFL. The loss of the individual and how it relates to the over-all success of the organization isn't comparable.

If you worked on an assembly line and chose to move on to another job, the company would put another body in there to replace you and not skip a beat.

As for your other point...yes, Americans could do without entertainment much easier than they could transportation, and I don't consider automobile manufacturing to be insignificant at all. But...the individual components are easier to replace without affecting your product.