PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Shaud Williams

The_Philster
12-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Shaud Williams' career at the University of Alabama was prolific enough to warrant an invitation to the Indianapolis scouting combine last winter.

However, his draft stock plummeted when, due to a sore hamstring, he ran a sub-par time in the 40-yard dash. Williams sat around for two days waiting for his name to be called and it never was.

"I didn't run well at the combine, I had a sore hamstring, but I didn't want to be that guy to stand up and say I wasn't going to run," the 5-foot-7, 193-pound Williams said. "I felt like that would have shown the scouts that I'd back down, so I went out there and still ran with a hurt hamstring....more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041226/SPORTS03/412260324/1021)

Cntrygal
12-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Good interview!

Having lived in the south in Texas and Alabama, what has life been like for you up here?

"Cold. Cold. It's been very cold. A couple weeks ago when it snowed for the first time, I didn't know what to do. I looked outside and everybody was going about their business and I'm like what am I supposed to do. Do I call in and tell them I can't make it, do I drive, I almost thought I was going to have to call my parents on that one, but I thought through it and came on in."

:rofl:

jamze132
12-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I think he is a sleeper. Willis should sit today just to be on the safe side. I don't really think that we will have a huge performance dropoff if Shaud gets 20 carries today. But on the other hand, it would be nice for Willis to go over 1000 and get his 10th td.

Cntrygal
12-26-2004, 09:46 AM
I'd actually like to see him get the bulk of the carries today too.