X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills scare up a sense of urgency

The Buffalo Bills say it's still there, even after five straight victories.
    The sick feeling of being 0-4 to start the season has not left them, they say. It has driven them the second half of the season, given them a sense of desperation.

Their goal is to harness that urgency again today when they meet the San Francisco 49ers, who stand just 2-12 and can lock up the No. 1 pick in the draft in April by losing one more game.
    ..more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

I should print this and give it to the Jets fan that tried telling me last week that the Jets are ALREADY in and the Bills have no chance.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

I am really pissed that the Titans suck so much. I was counting on the Broncos to lay an egg. Oh well, they gotta play Indy next week. Would I even give a crap about the Broncos/Titans game if Nate would have knocked the ball down or if the referees in Oakland didn't suck?

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
        I am really pissed that the Titans suck so much. I was counting on the Broncos to lay an egg. Oh well, they gotta play Indy next week. Would I even give a crap about the Broncos/Titans game if Nate would have knocked the ball down or if the referees in Oakland didn't suck?
        Maybe another offensive score in that game would have been nice too.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
          Maybe another offensive score in that game would have been nice too.
          Maybe having a competent QB back then would have changed the season. No one will ever know. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I don't know if we would be fighting for the playoffs if we had won any of those four games. With us losing like that for a month, it built a lot of character and team chemistry. I for one am very pleased with the way our new coach has handled his team.

As far as me talking smack about Nate and the referees, I am just playing. However, I will not forget...

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

How about if we'd have played better defense against the Jets? What if, what if, what if....? The team has shown a lot of heart playing out of that 0-4 hole. Better things lie ahead.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
              How about if we'd have played better defense against the Jets? What if, what if, what if....? The team has shown a lot of heart playing out of that 0-4 hole. Better things lie ahead.

Yep, it's easy to "what if" after the fact. IMO, the most important aspect of this season is that the Bills are playing MUCH better football. They seem to be learning from their mistakes. I will be thrilled if we win out, giddy if we make it to the playoffs... but even if we finish at 9-7, I'll be happy. We have steadily improved and it's great to feel optimistic about every week instead of "how are we going **** this weekend up?".

Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                Maybe having a competent QB back then would have changed the season. No one will ever know. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I don't know if we would be fighting for the playoffs if we had won any of those four games. With us losing like that for a month, it built a lot of character and team chemistry. I for one am very pleased with the way our new coach has handled his team.

As far as me talking smack about Nate and the referees, I am just playing. However, I will not forget...
                Yeah I agree for the most part...but I'm not sure we are playing all that much better...but we definately have been playing the teams in the bottom of the barrel in the NFL. That really helps. I think I'm just being more realistic...in the tough part of our schedule we got slaughtered...and in the easy part we are winning. In order for me to say this team is playing that much better I need to see us win against some more formitable opponents. However, in McGahee doesn't play today and DB throws for over 300 yards, 3TD and 1INT that would do a lot for me too . Unfortunatelly, people are just looking at San Frans record around here....their offense totally sucks but their defense has been playing pretty well. I guess that could be good for us if they turn the ball over...but I think that pathetic team has a good shot at mopping the floor out there with DB.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I will also add the team is winning consistently and that is quite impressive no matter how bad the opponents. Definately we are showing up to play with heart...and that gives me the confidence in the coaching staff that they just might want to get the tools they need next season to really make a run at it.

Comment

Working...
                  X