PDA

View Full Version : So it all comes down to Indy beating SD today

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Here's my thought...

Indy has to beat SD today in order for them to have any motivation to beat Denver. Reason being is that they can't tie NE at 12 wins, and NE already has 12 wins (NE owns the tie breaker). So Indy has to win 13 games and NE has to drop 1 of their last two (NYJ or SF).

I think the fat lady has started warming up her voice. :(

Jimbuktu
12-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Here's my thought...

Indy has to beat SD today in order for them to have any motivation to beat Denver. Reason being is that they can't tie NE at 12 wins, and NE already has 12 wins (NE owns the tie breaker). So Indy has to win 13 games and NE has to drop 1 of their last two (NYJ or SF).

I think the fat lady has started warming up her voice. :(

Why don't you just shut up.

Michael82
12-26-2004, 02:47 PM
:snicker:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 02:49 PM
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...or don't read my threads. Either way, I could care less what you do.

honey
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Indy won't beat SD today. At least it doesn't look like it right now. They could very easily beat Denver, though.

finsrclowns
12-26-2004, 02:55 PM
No team wants to go into the playoffs losing 2 in a row so even if Indy loses I think they try hard to win next week. I would rather SD win as if we make it in I think we match up better with SD than Indy. Also we want the Jets to lose to NE as that would keep alive another playoff possibility in the event the Jets lose out. So even if Indy won they would be the #4 seed if NE beats the Jets.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Or the Jets can lose two in a row. Not an impossible concept.

bills_7
12-26-2004, 03:08 PM
isnt it btr if the colts lose?

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:20 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indy won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is good news. They will now have something to play for against Denver (i.e., for the #2 seed). Hopefully the Pats win today as well, that way we have the best of all situations.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Crap. NE plays before Indy next week, so if NE wins today, and then wins against SF at 1PM, the Indy-Denver game won't have a lick of meaning for Indy.

:mad:

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Crap. NE plays before Indy next week, so if NE wins today, and then wins against SF at 1PM, the Indy-Denver game won't have a lick of meaning for Indy.

:mad:

That's why we are all Jets fans today. :D

bills_7
12-26-2004, 03:25 PM
so wait indy wins a tiebreaker with NE forsure??? lol

honey
12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Unless we think the Jets will lose out against St. Louis....decisions, decisions. :;

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
so wait indy wins a tiebreaker with NE forsure??? lol

Not sure. I'd have to look up the standings to check.

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
so wait indy wins a tiebreaker with NE forsure??? lolNE wins the TB against Indy (NE beat Indy HTH), which means NE has to lose today and at 1PM next week for Indy to get the #2 seed (by beating Denver).

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Unless we think the Jets will lose out against St. Louis....decisions, decisions. :;

St Loius is a team spiraling to the bottom. The Jets should be able to beat them with 3rd strongers.

bills_7
12-26-2004, 03:31 PM
NE wins the TB against Indy (NE beat Indy HTH), which means NE has to lose today and at 1PM next week for Indy to get the #2 seed (by beating Denver).

so then we dont want the jets to win, right?

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah, in all honesty it's probably better for the Pats to win. I'd rather have to depend on:

St. Louis (at home) beating the Jets
rather than..

NE losing to the Jets and SF, and then needing Indy to beat Denver.
GO PATS.

Iehoshua
12-26-2004, 03:48 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indy won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is good news.

...and that is NOT a flip-flop! That is NOT a flip-flop!

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
...and that is NOT a flip-flop! That is NOT a flip-flop!

Actually that part wasn't a flip flop. The part I did pull a Kerry on is who I want to win, Jets or Pats. :tongue:

:;

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, in all honesty it's probably better for the Pats to win. I'd rather have to depend on:

St. Louis (at home) beating the Jets
rather than..

NE losing to the Jets and SF, and then needing Indy to beat Denver.
GO PATS.

I'm confused. :dizzy:

Why did Denver have to suddenly find it's game? :wail:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm confused. :dizzy:

Why did Denver have to suddenly find it's game? :wail:Don't worry, I was confused as I started this thread. :funny:

But I think that it does make more sense for the Pats to win. There are less variables if the Jets lose out. If the Jets win today, they lock up #5, and then NE has to lose against SF for Indy to have any real reason to beat Denver.

Iehoshua
12-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Don't worry, I was confused as I started this thread. :funny:

But I think that it does make more sense for the Pats to win. There are less variables if the Jets lose out. If the Jets win today, they lock up #5, and then NE has to lose against SF for Indy to have any real reason to beat Denver.

Personally I don't know what the *%&# is going on anymore. I'm just gonna root for us to win today and see how it works out Week 17...
:crazed:

Mr. Cynical
12-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Personally I don't know what the *%&# is going on anymore. I'm just gonna root for us to win today and see how it works out Week 17...
:crazed:
Basically it comes down to this...

Jets win today and they are in. That means we need Indy to beat Denver. For Indy to have any real motivation to beat Denver, they'd need NE to lose against SF at 1PM. Reason being Indy plays at 4PM and if NE beats SF, then NE has locked up #2 seed and probably won't be as motivated to beat Denver.

Pats win today and they lock up #2 seed. That means Indy won't have any real motivation to beat Denver. Therefore we'd need St. Louis to beat the Jets, making them tie with us at 10-6...but we win the tie breaker.

So Pats winning is more beneficial for us IMO.

FTG
12-26-2004, 04:36 PM
I agree with Mr C. I want the Pats to win.

I'd rather have 2 shots Indy maybe not playing thier best against Denver
and St Louis over the Jets

than just all my eggs in the Indy over Denver basket

ArcticWildMan
12-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Indy has no motivation to beat Denver if it means we get into the playoffs. Nobody wants to play us right now. We could possibly run the table. :wail: